Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
addict
addict
S
I cannot wait to play this update! Thanks for giving me hope again for this game. You have really shown that you are listening to feedback, that's great.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Bomor
Yes Larian, how dare you didn't tell us from the start about an impending global pandemic that would impact the game development schedule? Was that really too much to ask?

Well said, Bomor! LOL...

I mean seriously, the level of beeotches in this forum and their constant tunnel vision complaining. Buncha egotistical, rude "me, me, me" selfish brats with too much time on their hands.

That's to say, your post says everything perfectly in a single sentence. Brilliant!

With restrictions on long rest I really hope they make cutscenes/events with your party trigger in a more stable way. Right now long rests are needed to trigger all the events

veteran
veteran
The Patch looks like nothing but great stuff. I am excited to read the full patch notes to see the details and hopefully those get released soon.

The Main thing though is this patch makes the game more properly challenging for people. Hopefully they also revisit barrelmancy as well soon - and maybe they made changes to that and throwing.

Blackheifer
addict
addict
Originally Posted by EvilVik
With restrictions on long rest I really hope they make cutscenes/events with your party trigger in a more stable way. Right now long rests are needed to trigger all the events

This. After all, in fact, for most people, "rest spam" is not associated with recovery spells, it is associated with the cutscene.

Originally Posted by Nightshade3226
I like most of what I'm seeing here. We'll see once I play around with it a bit.

I have to ask, why is there so much emphasis on Shadowheart changes every patch? The other characters need love too.

I think it's important for the plot... I don't really like it either. If I take Shadow to a party, then in most situations only she speaks. But I play the cleric myself, I don't need a second cleric.

Last edited by Nyloth; 09/07/21 11:31 AM.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
And now they get option to "long rest" without spending any resources ...
They get the cutscene they desired, but will not recover every single spell slot & hit point ... (dunno if they will recover anything at all btw).

Seem interesting to me.

//edit:
It might give Larian data about how often we long rest for actual resting, and how often we rest bcs story kinda forces us to. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 09/07/21 11:49 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
apprentice
apprentice
Someone else must have suggested the whole adding in cantrips into discussions etc skillroll events earlier, i suggested this in the patch announcement and here it is a magical 2 or 3 days later laugh
Finally the petty magic gets into its own right as it should be. Friends, assistance, thaumaturgy.. Which can be so much more powerful than a mere fireball.

Also the (dumb but strong & charismatic) dwarven guild artisan wizard can maybe finally figure out how to craft the purple gems into something.
And with friends, a good price negotiatior too! Maybe.

Anyways, we do need food supply traders. Traveling mayhaps, up , up and down, down, down along the rive..ee..er
So far food has been almost scarce aside from worgpen pork, goblin party dwarfribs and infinitely untrustworthy hag apples (i bet they will reveal themselves as poisoned).

But this also opens up the world to those nifty little non-combat magical items like a cauldron of 60 meals a day (should be handy if feeding an army of goblins or a camp of refugees), maybe even have the allies ask for it and being able to set up a restaurant for free campfood and coin to boot. Or a chest of heroes feasts (bonus health, etc boosts for the whole day like +1 or +2 to all rolls) Maybe even a gnomes perfect magical invention of infinite prosperity and happiness: a wand making a random 2d20 2-40 apples a day to keep a whole temple of priests away? Or Nakor the blues bag of infinite oranges.

journeyman
journeyman
This update got me to revisit this forum again just to express how excited I am about it! A lot of small changes that will hopefully lead to a more immersive experience. Anything that enhances rp is good in my book. I'm only a little bit nervous about difficulty ramping up with some updates (like the long rest stuff) but I guess we'll see.

A lot of people were hoping for new races/classes but I think these type of changes are just as important and essential for the game as a whole.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
This is an awesome update! Thank you for listening to our feedback and all the hard work and passion put into this.

Just one gripe/concern:
It may get super annoying having characters speaking whenever they go into stealth/sneak. Especially if the whole party is going into stealth... also, why would someone be saying anything when they're trying to be stealthy?

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Kolvaer
This is an awesome update! Thank you for listening to our feedback and all the hard work and passion put into this.

Just one gripe/concern:
It may get super annoying having characters speaking whenever they go into stealth/sneak. Especially if the whole party is going into stealth... also, why would someone be saying anything when they're trying to be stealthy?
Remains to be seen how it works; Baldur's Gate I and II had the option for it to be once (so you selected someone, told them to move, they'd do a movement line and then never say another until you deselected them and reselected them) all the time or never. I expect something along those lines.

stranger
stranger
Hello !

Larian said the frequency of sentences will be customizable in options, so don't worry !

veteran
veteran
Looks like there is some good content to this patch.

I'm most excited for the:
  • Nested tooltips. These are essential for understanding the mechanics and lore of BG3.
  • Dice rolling updates. It looks like bonuses are now ADDED to die rolls instead of lowering the DC. Also, being able to use spells during dialogue is great.
  • Splitting jump & disengage, and making disengage a full action. This will make combat so much more tactical and less Super Mario.
  • Maybe non-lethal attack toggle. The fact that the previous "knock unconscious" left combatants hostile when you encountered them again made using it worse than useless, because the enemy would often then cause all nearby NPCs to often turn hostile. It's unclear if Larian has changed this with Patch 5, but it's possible. This is something I'll definitely check.
  • All the camp changes: scenery and restrictions. Especially since the item "Camping supplies" has been added, which is enough food for a single rest. So you can just buy X of those from merchants instead of having to collect miscellaneous food items. There's also an "auto select" button which is a good QoL feature.

Importantly, many of these changes have been asked for by a sizable portion of the community. This patch really marks the first one that been mostly dedicated to making changes that align with community feedback. I am happy we got this patch instead of a patch that simply adds new content (classes, races, story) to EA but changes little. Keep it up Larian!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by zeel
This update got me to revisit this forum again just to express how excited I am about it! A lot of small changes that will hopefully lead to a more immersive experience. Anything that enhances rp is good in my book. I'm only a little bit nervous about difficulty ramping up with some updates (like the long rest stuff) but I guess we'll see.

A lot of people were hoping for new races/classes but I think these type of changes are just as important and essential for the game as a whole.

Right! I mean race and classes new content but some ppl dont need new when u dont fix/change old. It's much easier to add something new to a more reliable, well-established build.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kolvaer
Just one gripe/concern:
IN that video, someone posted around here (THIS one) you can notice that, when they are entering (or are in) stealth ... they are whispering ... wich in my opinion is very nice detail. ^_^
Also, as mentioned ... you can tune it down in settings. smile

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 09/07/21 03:42 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
This looks like a great update. I was admittedly hoping for some new race options but these mechanical changes will make the game feel more alive so I am all for it.

Small suggest; doing a long rest without enough food should make your allies grumpy. Maybe nothing big in dialogue but just some random comments about being hungry and tired. Doing it too much could even cause a "disliked that" pop up that hurts your standing with the team to represent them getting irritated that you're not starving the group.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I am fine with the spoken lines as long as the frequency can be toned down a bit, and "I'm on it like ugly on an orc!" is not one of them. :P (Imoen, BG1)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
This looks like a great update. I was admittedly hoping for some new race options but these mechanical changes will make the game feel more alive so I am all for it.

Small suggest; doing a long rest without enough food should make your allies grumpy. Maybe nothing big in dialogue but just some random comments about being hungry and tired. Doing it too much could even cause a "disliked that" pop up that hurts your standing with the team to represent them getting irritated that you're not starving the group.

Only if it comes with the option of offering the complaining party member to a certain rogue as a "snack".

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid

Halsin should be able to provide free goodberries for the team! celebrate

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Halsin should be able to provide free goodberries for the team! celebrate

This is a good point actually. Druids who remembered to save a spell slot for goodberries should be able to use goodberries to pay for a night's meal in a pinch.

... Then add some little dialogue clips of your party groaning about only ever getting a single goodberry to eat if you do it too frequently.

"Oh, a goodberry? Again? You know, just because you can live off it doesn't make it a meal."

Last edited by SaurianDruid; 10/07/21 03:17 AM.
addict
addict
The goodberries overdose dialogue is hilarious. I want it now. @ Larian pleeeaaaaase.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard