Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 46 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 45 46
There's a sound effect that comes with Eldritch blast. I just pretend my character makes that noise with her mouth.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Ha that'll work in the meantime. Shame as the incantation for EB is quite cool!

Repelling blast is the best.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Oops! It looks like Mayrina had second thoughts and dumped her zombie husband off the side of the road:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

A rather amusing bug, considering her quest/situation. I was able to mouseover Connor and see his tag, but was unable to click him or interact with him.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Also, what's wrong with the math in this picture? Hmm:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

stranger
stranger
I'm not sure if it's a bug, but it's the most painful for me - dialogues with companions don't trigger. More on the topic - https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=771890#Post771890

I am not native English speaker, so if you feel pain reading my posts, blame Babylon.
Lots of love <3
A
stranger
stranger
A
Loading issue, if I try to recharge a loading the game crashes and asks me to restart in an never ending cycle, even if I try to load different loadings.

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Since the last hotfix, there's times where the end turn button is unresponsive. Have to restart every time this happens.

journeyman
journeyman
Seems like since the latest patch, the puzzle to get into the Underdark appears to be a little borked. Panels will straight up disappear or swap around, making it pretty impossible to complete.

Can't confirm if this is in general, or if that save in particular got bugged-- friend and I started over regardless to redo our current campaign, but it definitely ground our first game to a halt.

Other than that, there are various bugs where different actions or dialogue trees in conversation/interaction will completely freeze and not progress. Trying to dig through the grave near the Grove, for instance, just causes my character to become locked in the cutscene with no way to exit and no further dialogue. I had to kill them and ressurect them at camp in order to free them without reloading. Similar things have happened with a few conversation options with some companions, such as Astarion.

Last edited by MarbleNest; 30/05/21 03:30 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Ok, I'm new here to the forum but I already have my list of bugs and suggestions.

I saw this thread but I don't know if I should add them here or create my own threads.

It would me nice if I could get one of the following confirmations:

- that the author is compiling the bugs reported here in the first post, or
- that the admins and devs are following this thread

Cheers.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by MarbleNest
Seems like since the latest patch, the puzzle to get into the Underdark appears to be a little borked. Panels will straight up disappear or swap around, making it pretty impossible to complete.

Can't confirm if this is in general, or if that save in particular got bugged-- friend and I started over regardless to redo our current campaign, but it definitely ground our first game to a halt.

Other than that, there are various bugs where different actions or dialogue trees in conversation/interaction will completely freeze and not progress. Trying to dig through the grave near the Grove, for instance, just causes my character to become locked in the cutscene with no way to exit and no further dialogue. I had to kill them and ressurect them at camp in order to free them without reloading. Similar things have happened with a few conversation options with some companions, such as Astarion.

Can confirm borking

I just fired up a new playthrough to reacquaint myself in anticipation of the new patch and I noticed a few small details that I had honestly never even paid attention to before (so they may have been there all along).

1. I actually managed to kill the commander and the mindflayer during the intro and got no XP for either. It was a very hard fight, and I feel like a little XP would have been in order.
2. I didn't get any XP for killing Shadowheart, Astarian, Gale, or Lae'Zel... WTH??? I usually let the Goblins kill Wyll for me, but I may have to test giving him the axe just to see if I get boned for XP again.
3. When I killed Gale, I damned near experienced a total party kill from his aura while I was talking to his damned projection to get the instructions on how to steal his true resurrection scroll. I ended up having to burn 2 potions of healing and 3 revivify scrolls to get the loot and get free of his carcass.
4. I thorn whipped Lae'Zel out of the cage and no one went aggro. I had even hit her with 2 arrows before that. The tiefs that were supposed to be helping me kill her just stood there, and so did she... until I put a crossbow bolt in her. After that, everyone took to the fight like they were supposed to.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

old hand
old hand
Some of the hair colors are not working, lightfoot halfling hair 20 picking gold blonde 1 does not change hair color or eyebrow color. Possibly other color problems.

Edit* You have the same key setup multiple times for different abilities. example: R is for Toggle Duel Wield while also UI Hot bar Next.

Edit2* When throwing a dead imp in the tutorial, the dead body takes damage as shown from the floating damage text.

Edit3* There is a 2.5 to 3 meter reach when dipping your weapon, might make sense if you have a long sword but with a dagger looks a bit odd.

Edit4* Can not throw half dead enthralled cultists laying on the ground. Along with light issues with the new cut scene, and combat log getting spammed by blast cannon doing no damage.

Edit5* Halfling with low strength can't make the jump back up after jumping down to secret path leading to large movable rock & treasure.

Last edited by fallenj; 15/07/21 08:36 PM.
X
apprentice
apprentice
X
Had very Bizzare flickering when creating a new game on Patch 5.

I found out the the option subsurface scattering was responsible for the flickering however reloading the game caused it to disappear. (Using Vulkan)

I was able to reliably turn SSS on and off to make the issues appear/disappear but no other option did.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Xeiom; 15/07/21 06:17 PM.
Q
stranger
stranger
Q
Definitely a small issue, but using Q to rotate the camera doesn't work when holding the Alt key to highlight what's on the ground. I looked at my keybinds, and it doesn't seem like a conflict with anything else.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Received the Vulkan error when clicking on the transponder. After reload, in no patch 5 save files can my characters interact with anything. Have check integrity of all files.
Starting anew game gets me to an empty map with four characters standing on a wood floor, player and 3x dummy. None of these can move, interact, but they can attack one another :|
[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lES27bnp8c9cv7SI4IjUACCS-ugCF-S9/view?usp=sharing[/img]

Game is completely unplayable at this stage for me.
I have not uninstalled and reinstalled; with good old Australian potatonet, it's a 10+ hour download.

Last edited by noelzy; 16/07/21 06:37 AM.
stranger
stranger
- Trying to jump towards unreachable/too high places with any character in tutorial causes aim circle frame drops and lag, while the rest of the screen runs perfectly well.
- Got Encumbered debuff on Tav during tutorial, saved and loaded, now encumbered is perma, doesn't go away even after emptying inventory.

Last edited by mxb69; 16/07/21 08:57 AM.
Larian Alumni
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by noelzy
Received the Vulkan error when clicking on the transponder. After reload, in no patch 5 save files can my characters interact with anything. Have check integrity of all files.
Starting anew game gets me to an empty map with four characters standing on a wood floor, player and 3x dummy. None of these can move, interact, but they can attack one another :|
[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lES27bnp8c9cv7SI4IjUACCS-ugCF-S9/view?usp=sharing[/img]

Game is completely unplayable at this stage for me.
I have not uninstalled and reinstalled; with good old Australian potatonet, it's a 10+ hour download.

If you've ever had any mods, make sure they are disabled or deleted completely. The dummy characters also sounds like your game is having trouble creating a new profile. If you have anti-virus software make sure that BG3 has the correct permissions.

Larian Alumni
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by mxb69
- Trying to jump towards unreachable/too high places with any character in tutorial causes aim circle frame drops and lag, while the rest of the screen runs perfectly well.
- Got Encumbered debuff on Tav during tutorial, saved and loaded, now encumbered is perma, doesn't go away even after emptying inventory.

Encumbered debuff is common among players who have previously had mods enabled.

If you have any mods installed, or were you using any in previous game versions, try completely removing them (check the 'Mods' and 'Public' folders in the '..\SteamApps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\Data' folder, if either folders are present, it is safe to delete them).

G
stranger
stranger
G
Weird issue with character portrait, is there any way to fix it without starting new game? https://ibb.co/pJcPFz2

Page 33 of 46 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard