Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Rhobar121
Originally Posted by Saberem
There are more supply packs available than there are fights currently so ultimately it doesn't change anything. I think supply packs shouldn't be sold from vendors, they should be rare drops only. I'm surviving only on food at the moment and the pacing has been fine, supply packs should be rare and for emergency use only.

I dont agree, forcing players to search every smallest crate for food is a bad idea.
I totally agree. although I am generally against this mechanic in the camp. very annoying.:(

veteran
veteran
There are more supply packs available than there are fights currently so ultimately it doesn't change anything. I think supply packs shouldn't be sold from vendors, they should be rare drops only. I'm surviving only on food at the moment and the pacing has been fine, supply packs should be rare and for emergency use only.
If anything the opposite. Supply packs should be almost exclusively but broadly available from most merchants, precisely because as a general principle the player should always have a "fallback" solution to get more if things go poorly.

Originally Posted by middle tab
I totally agree. although I am generally against this mechanic in the camp. very annoying.:(
And I'm completely against you and anyone who shares this complaint.

Last edited by Tuco; 16/07/21 12:42 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
don't like the new mechanic at all. I've spent more time this patch micro managing my stupid food items, putting everything into little bags, trying to organize them, moving them to camp, etc than actually enjoying the game. The hardcore "no rest" players that are ALREADY not resting want to continue to not rest, have at it. No need to force everyone else to play like they do.

if you HAVE to keep this silly mechanic in the game then make all food the same and stack automatically. at least then i won't have dozens of kinds of food to organize.

Last edited by Boblawblah; 16/07/21 12:50 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
If anything the opposite. Supply packs should be almost exclusively but broadly available from most merchants, precisely because as a general principle the player should always have a "fallback" solution to get more if things go poorly.
THIS.

Frankly finding packs in the wilderness doesn't thematically make sense, much better to buy them and for them to be relatively widely available, maybe just at different prices depending on location. Nothing wrong with having a bit of a money sinkhole, as one is often swamped with GP anyway.

addict
addict
I literally didn't feel the difference. The only difference is that now I don't have enough health potions. And I go with two clerics and a vampire who can heal himself a little! Nevertheless, I was able to kill the Hag. I have always collected food, I just like it, so there is no difference for me. Everything is done quite simply in the camp, I almost always choose "automatic", maybe it will be more difficult later, but it should be like this, shouldn't it?

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
M
apprentice
apprentice
M

Originally Posted by middle tab
And I'm completely against you and anyone who shares this complaint.

here is the confrontation between hardcore players and casual players. some want complexity and realism in the game. others dream of fun and immersion in history and characters. it is actually determined by the game's difficulty settings. and each of us gets his own. some test others pleasure.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
don't like the new mechanic at all. I've spent more time this patch micro managing my stupid food items, putting everything into little bags, trying to organize them, moving them to camp, etc than actually enjoying the game. The hardcore "no rest" players that are ALREADY not resting want to continue to not rest, have at it. No need to force everyone else to play like they do.
There's actually a secondary discussion needed here and that is "enforcing" Long Rests on the party.

As annoying as you might find it, the reverse should not be true for my party. I don't use Long Rest currently because I don't need it, but that should not be right. Time, Important Cut-Scenes etc... are tied to this mechanic. Players being able to go all the way through to the end of Act 1 without resting should simply not be possible. Now it's quite possible that this has changed simply with food no longer healing you. Time will tell and it's definitely a step in the right direction. If I want to heal, I will need the Long Rest at some point.

But you have to find a balance between LR spam and over complexity (or fiddliness). If there is no fatigue (as there was in the original game), then we need something to make us rest, or you cannot tie it to the passage of time/story. You also should not simply be allowed to Long Rest ad nauseum without some form of cost or penalty or you have a Meta of characters with spell slots. We clamour for BG3 to be more like D&D and yet there is a clamour for not having resting restrictions? I mean no DM I know would allow you to Long Rest after every single encounter without rammifications.

What I will admit is that having not need to Long Rest as yet, I cannot have an opinion on how fidly or not it actuall is.

Last edited by Riandor; 16/07/21 01:06 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyloth
I literally didn't feel the difference. The only difference is that now I don't have enough health potions.
Right, I almost forgot to mention this aspect.
Regardless of the "rest management" (which, let's be real, is not really asking from the player to "manage" a whole lot, currently, given the overabundance of the resource and the how trivial it is to automatize the process) this new mechanic is already a massive improvement if nothing else because it played its part in removing the GIGANTIG BULLSHIT that was using the food as a viable replacement for health potions. Even during combat.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
A
journeyman
journeyman
A

if you HAVE to keep this silly mechanic in the game then make all food the same and stack automatically. at least then i won't have dozens of kinds of food to organize.

Out of curiosity, why do you need to put effort into "micro manage" food items? You have them or you don't. Not criticizing your style, just genuine interest from a player who's never felt the need to give their food items a second thought (unless you're encumbered because of too many pig heads or such)

veteran
veteran
they take up weight and they take up visual space. If i choose to just ignore them and put them in my inventory, they'll fill up my entire inventory. So my option is to have food spam filling my inventory or start moving everything into bags, or sending everything to camp. Either way, i need to deal with them somehow. Unless there's some feature that allows food to automatically move to a camp food storage container without me having to do it manually?

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I literally didn't feel the difference. The only difference is that now I don't have enough health potions.
Regardless of the "rest management" (which, let's be real, is not really asking from the player to "manage" a whole lot, currently, given the overabundance of the resource and the how trivial it is to automatize the process) this new mechanic is already a massive improvement if nothing else because it played its part in removing the GIGANTIG BULLSHIT that was using the food as a viable replacement for health potions. Even during combat.
Yes. here I agree. I didn't like the fact that food heals.it was rather strange.

Last edited by middle tab; 16/07/21 01:13 PM.
veteran
veteran

I dont agree, forcing players to search every smallest crate for food is a bad idea.
+ 1

I also tried goodberries, and they are useless. They contribute only 1 each. The 4 you get per spell contribute less than 1 bagel does.

It would also be great if spells such as Speak with Animals did not cost a spell slot when used outside of combat.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Unless there's some feature that allows food to automatically move to a camp food storage container without me having to do it manually?

Lots of people on reddit have asked for "sent to camp" food to be available when resting without needing to put it back in your inventory. Pushing that concept further, your idea of making the food be auto-delivered to camp when you pick it up is actually pretty good, I like it.

Last edited by agouzov; 16/07/21 01:16 PM.
addict
addict

But I like to collect jars... I'm waiting for a special moment Q_Q

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by agouzov
Lots of people on reddit have asked for "sent to camp" food to be available when resting without needing to put it back in your inventory. Pushing that concept further, your idea of making the food be auto-delivered to camp when you pick it up is actually pretty good, I like it.
Sounds great.

veteran
veteran

Exactly, and it puts both melee and casters on a more even footing in regards to needing to rest. They are sharing the same resource need which is now far more limited.

I was actually shocked that Larian didn't mention this in the actual PFH as its one of the more incredibly important changes they made.

This in addition to a number of other changes to throwing and barelmancy that they didn't even mention. F-ing huge!!

Blackheifer
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Icelyn

+ 1

I also tried goodberries, and they are useless. They contribute only 1 each. The 4 you get per spell contribute less than 1 bagel does.

It would also be great if spells such as Speak with Animals did not cost a spell slot when used outside of combat.
Well if they want that to be closer to the spell in D^D PnP, then 1 per Berry isn't going to cut it. 1Hp Healing per Berry is the PnP rule, with the berry itself sustaining you for an entire day. That said there should definitely be a limit as goodberries can get a little out of hand if you can spawn 10 per short rest and you would only need 1 per day. Plus they are only supposed to last 24hrs which might be complex to handle.

stranger
stranger
I agree keep the mechanic optional, but have a toggle so those of us who do not want to worry about resource management do not have to do this. Please, this was the most disappointing thing about this patch that could so easily be fixed.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by JKirkInTexas
I agree keep the mechanic optional, but have a toggle so those of us who do not want to worry about resource management do not have to do this. Please, this was the most disappointing thing about this patch that could so easily be fixed.
I appreciate those who want to play solo and "play their way", but surely you can understand that the game should by default have a rest mechanism that ensures a degree of balance as per standard? If you want to "bend the rules", then that to me should be a mod. I mean I guess it's no skin off of my nose, but I would rather discuss ways to improve said mechanic, rather than taking it at face value and asking to make it optional.

journeyman
journeyman
I have not used this extensively yet, but so far I liked the mechanic in general. I thought it was kind of silly before that mid-battle I was able to eat an apple to restore health. This makes resting and the gathering of supplies more meaningful. The one thing I did not see a way to do (using a controller at least) was to use supplies from the chest in the camp. I am not sure if there is already a way to do this, but I would like to be able to use the "send to camp" feature to send my supplies to the chest in camp, then use those supplies for resting without having to walk to the chest and add them to my inventory only to remove them a second later. If this was an option I think the mechanic is decent.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard