Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
stranger
stranger
R
So far Patch 5 has been great. However, playing a Beastmaster Ranger has become unenjoyable. I like that NPCs will comment on you're Beast Companion. Unfortunately, they will not only comment on it, but they will also run away. If you're Beast Companion gets to close to an NPC during dialogue, they will run away and dialogue will end (as seen in the first video). It's also pretty annoying to run after vendors to buy something because they're afraid. At first i thought that only the Tieflings run away since they think that your companion is a Druid spy. However, even some Druids are scared of your Companion (as seen in the second video). I'm not sure this is a bug but I hope it is because making the companion that scary would be a poor choice. I really don't want to kill my companion every time I want to talk to someone.

[video:youtube]
[/video]

I had to move my companion forwards for demonstration purposes.

[video:youtube]
[/video]

Here I just walked around a bit. As you can see, sometimes I can talk to people without them running away.

Edit: Seems like they only do it once, afterwards they stop running away. The dialogue cancelling thing is still annoying though.

Last edited by Rvben; 16/07/21 08:36 PM.
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
After the initial fight with Goblins outside of the Druid's Grove when you first reach the gate, everyone I walk up to in the Grove runs away from me saying there's still Goblins around. I can converse with them if I catch up, but they just keep running away from me. I even replayed the fight and didn't use Wild Shape (I'm playing a Half-Elf Druid), and had the same results; I thought maybe it had something to do with the fact I initially turned into a spider but apparently not.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Stoppy33
After the initial fight with Goblins outside of the Druid's Grove when you first reach the gate, everyone I walk up to in the Grove runs away from me saying there's still Goblins around. I can converse with them if I catch up, but they just keep running away from me. I even replayed the fight and didn't use Wild Shape (I'm playing a Half-Elf Druid), and had the same results; I thought maybe it had something to do with the fact I initially turned into a spider but apparently not.

The exact same thing happened to me. I restarted the fight to see if it would clear this issue, but the same thing happened. I did it a third time without using wild shapes and the same thing happened again. I thought maybe seeing me change from a wolf freaked them out, but it wasn't that. It doesn't make sense that folks at a druid grove would be freaked out by something like this.

I can talk to NPCs with other party members, but only if my druid hangs back far enough.

R
stranger
stranger
R
That is really weird. It sounds similiar to my experience with my Beastmaster Ranger, which I described in a thread earlier today. Everyone runs away from my beast companion, even the druids. Maybe the game considers your druids as beasts.

Last edited by Rvben; 16/07/21 05:58 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes I had managed to do the Goblin fight at the Grove without letting anyone die (yay inspiration point!) and walked through the gate to Zevlor, was still in Wolf form. Conversation defaulted to Astarion whom I was controlling at the time, and I'm sure I've done that scene as a companion before, so the lines would be in the game... but this time just as the scene began, they ran through a few spoken lines then when it came to my response, it was like they saw my wolf approach and ran away! Cutscene stopped midway through, Aradin and everyone else simply ran as if in a panic.

And my most recent save was BEFORE the goblin fight. Sigh...

enthusiast
enthusiast
So im playing a Drow Druid which is the face of the Party and the Thief too.
First time i Wild Shaped to go into Grove to use it to talk to Animals, i was positively amused by seeing all those Kids react to my Wolf form.
They saying its so cute and other nice things. Even running up to follow me ...
Im fine with that realism but it makes conversations bit broken in my game.

When i want to talk to Tiefling Kid Mattis at his shop and do the Heads / Tails bothering him to throw several times.
Sometimes the CUTE BEHAVIOR for WILD SHAPE breaks the conversation becaus they move around or in one case Mattis just vanished after third or forth throw of the coin.

Also very important: I wasnt even in Wildshape that time i talked to him for the Coin Game.
I was hours before Wildshaped in Grove. But somehow those Tiefling Kids see me all time as in wildshape since then.

So somehow the tag for this is sticking to my PC and thats annyoing and breaking immersion. Aswell as the conversation problems.
Take a look into it pls.
Evry patch makes game better.
Im really looking forward to the full release.

Another small bug is when meeting GALE first time at the Waypoint and he talks to us about him. At one sentence hes not voicing the end of one sentence and just jumps to talk his next line. I think the missing word was "accomoplished" or such.

Last edited by TheHero; 17/07/21 05:33 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
This sound similar to the bug I'm having where everyone in the grove thinks my druid is a monster and runs away from him. I have to park him away from anyone I need to interact with, and talk to them with a different character. Which makes the conversation cutscenes weird because it often shows my character interacting with the NPC, but when it's over my main is still completely out of sight.

The first time it happened, I thought it might have been because I was sill in a wild shape form when I entered the grove to talk to Zevlor. So I went through the fight again, and dismissed wild shape before entering the grove. Same result. Then I did the fight again without using wild shapes and the same thing happened!

I'm not a monster! I just change into animal forms. A druid grove is the last place I would expect to find this kind of discrimination!

O
stranger
stranger
O
I'm having the same issue in the Druid's Grove.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by David12183
This sound similar to the bug I'm having where everyone in the grove thinks my druid is a monster and runs away from him. I have to park him away from anyone I need to interact with, and talk to them with a different character. Which makes the conversation cutscenes weird because it often shows my character interacting with the NPC, but when it's over my main is still completely out of sight.

The first time it happened, I thought it might have been because I was sill in a wild shape form when I entered the grove to talk to Zevlor. So I went through the fight again, and dismissed wild shape before entering the grove. Same result. Then I did the fight again without using wild shapes and the same thing happened!

I'm not a monster! I just change into animal forms. A druid grove is the last place I would expect to find this kind of discrimination!

I'm having this exact same issue, everyone in the grove refers to my Teifling Druid as a thing, and does their best to keep their distance, even other druids.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yep - you'd think they would be used to Druids shapeshifting, but nope! I've broken cutscenes and had NPCs run away from my Druid, and had to reload.

Reloading the fight at the gate and NOT using Wild Shape fixed it for me, but now I am avoiding using Wild Shape around NPCs I might like to talk to. frown
Although I did become a cat for the kids, and it didn't break everyone else's reactions this time.

Larian Alumni
Larian Alumni
Thanks for these reports, friends! I've forwarded on to the team.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I joined the forum to post the same thing... I also thought it might have to be with wildshape, but no... nothing seems to work

D
stranger
stranger
D
I am having the same issue with my druid, even if not in wildshape... everyone runs away from my character... I guess is true druids don't smell too good...

journeyman
journeyman
Just in case anyone hadn't seen the other thread, someone on the forum staff has forwarded the issue to the dev team.

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=781033&#Post781033

Hopefully they will be able to work it into a hotfix.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Daonico
I am having the same issue with my druid, even if not in wildshape... everyone runs away from my character... I guess is true druids don't smell too good...

Even if you're the only one left in the grove, they still run from you!

(Hidden in case you don't want to know outcomes of certain actions.)

After talking Kagha into releasing the girl, then talking Nettie into helping me, I decided to try to pickpocket Rath. He caught me, and Kagha flew into a rage ordering the plan to be implemented at once. Instead of reloading I decided to let it play out. She and two of the druids stayed to fight me, with Nettie running out to join them. Rath and the three white rat/shadow druids ran outside. Once we defeated that group, we went out to find that everyone had been killing each other. Looks like they tried to corral tieflings into the jail because there were a lot of bodies in there. In three different fights we mopped up about 6 or 7 druids - some of whom were begging the tree father for forgiveness until they saw us - and found only a single tiefling woman left alive. She still wouldn't come near me! I could only talk to her with a different character, and she thanked me for standing by her people.

Why are you thanking us? Everyone you know is dead! Although at least now I can see why you think I'm a monster.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by David12183
Originally Posted by Stoppy33

The exact same thing happened to me. I restarted the fight to see if it would clear this issue, but the same thing happened. I did it a third time without using wild shapes and the same thing happened again. I thought maybe seeing me change from a wolf freaked them out, but it wasn't that. It doesn't make sense that folks at a druid grove would be freaked out by something like this.

I can talk to NPCs with other party members, but only if my druid hangs back far enough.

Funnily enough I have the exact opposite problem since my first shapechange was into a cat. (I managed to pick pocket the mage from outside of the chapel without starting the battle or triggering the cutscenes. Had to turn back into normal form for the pickpocketing though.) I turned back and it's not like everyone ignores me now (I think... might have to check that out) except for the tiefling children. All of them run up to my drow character, cooing about how cute I am, that they want one, wanting to pet me and trying to see if I have a collar. So all the cutscenes with Wyll and the kids and the scene with Mattias I have to finagle and rush through because they can't get over how cute and fluffy I am. As a drow.
I guess that's why Drizzt has all the fans. He's fluffy and they want one.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thankyou, its important to know too that when Kids behave that way its very hard to talk to WYLL first time.
The movement actions of the Kids are making WYLL reacting to them too and then when you where in the middle of conversation with him it just breaks the conversation and resets it.
So you have to speak to him again and start whole conversation over.

Best workaround as you guys up there mentioned is to park your Shapeshifter Character somewhere far away and then talk to f.e. WYLL with Laezel, Astarion, Gale or whichever you want to use.
BUT that wont give you other options for beeing tagged as something in the conversation.
Might miss out on a whole other load of reactions from NPC Conversations.

Last edited by TheHero; 19/07/21 11:08 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
So i first encountered the problem with beeing registered by NPC Tiefling Kids as beein in Wild Shape form. But im not.
Kids in Grove react to it all time when im in Human form so i cant do conversations propper.

Same propblem persists in the Zhentarim Hidout. Starting with the Guard upstairs where to tell him password. He (Salazor )gets spoked and u cant talk to him.
Of course you can take other Characters.
But my Druid is the Face of the party and got all the nice +5 Perception, +5 Insight, +5 Deception, 16 Wisdome and 14 charisma..
Also im Drow.
I cant do propper conversations because spooked people tend to run away mid conversation and then the conversation blends out.
I can only talk to them when trying to corner them somehow without leeway to flee wink
But thats tedious and no fun.Or use other Partymembers without all the nice Stats and profession skills.

Somehow my Druids Wildshape forms "TAG" seems to stick around and is not deleted after shaping back to human.

HEEELP !

A
stranger
stranger
A
Same problem here, just that sometimes the whole screen turns black when I'm about to start a conversation but the NPC runs away.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Yes. I am having this issue too. Even though I am not in animal form everyone freaks out and runs away. I can't even chase them down because they can break the chat dialogue and mid conversation and flee. It's made my druid play through impossible to continue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard