Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 46 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 45 46
So, I may have encountered a bug. No time to try and replicate it right now but... here are the steps I took and what I encountered.

1. I created a new profile, and started a multiplayer game.
2. I opened 3 additional instances of the game and connected them to the multiplayer session I had created.
3. I created all my party members and started the game.
4. As soon as we reached the starting position on the Nautiloid I saved my game under the character from which I had started the multiplayer session.
5. I quit out of all instances of the game.
6. I reopened a single instance of the game and went to the new profile I had just created.

I have no save game to load and no option to continue.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited by The_BlauerDragon; 16/07/21 06:28 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
So the two I've come across:
- Cannot level up from 4 to 5, the game crashes. Does not matter if it's myself or a companion.
- Spells are not respecting the game options for whether they should automatically add/remove themselves from the bar. Every time I "memorise" a new spell, any race/class/subclass spells that are not in the bar, add themselves.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Jess Larian
Originally Posted by mxb69
- Trying to jump towards unreachable/too high places with any character in tutorial causes aim circle frame drops and lag, while the rest of the screen runs perfectly well.
- Got Encumbered debuff on Tav during tutorial, saved and loaded, now encumbered is perma, doesn't go away even after emptying inventory.

Encumbered debuff is common among players who have previously had mods enabled.

If you have any mods installed, or were you using any in previous game versions, try completely removing them (check the 'Mods' and 'Public' folders in the '..\SteamApps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\Data' folder, if either folders are present, it is safe to delete them).

Tried that, while at it, I modified Documents/LS/BG3/.....modsettings to default (ie deleted all mods from the list except Gustav), deleted old mods from the mods folders, now the main menu video won't load (black screen, though it loads much faster, go figure) as well as Continue and New game main menu buttons are defunct. I put everything back the way it was (except mods because i instinctively perma deleted them), still the same issue. Black screen, defunct SPlayer buttons.

Naturally, I deleted Documents/... folder and verified files, video was back and I could load/create a profile (i'm guessing this was due to missing playerprofiles5.lsb), however when I did load old profile, the issue was back. So I created a new profile and copypasted modsettings from it and game loaded again normally into my old profile. Weird.

Still perma encumbered though, looks like I'll have to start a new game since apparently there's no help for that.

Last edited by mxb69; 17/07/21 02:32 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Patch 5 issues,

1. Tiefling tail physics going crazy

2. Fire surfaces don't work as a light source

3. Characters on fire can be obscured by shadow

4. A single disadvantage cancels out multiple sources of advantage (Specifically, not getting an advantage with a hidden character, with high ground, attacking a target with guided bolt on them, because the target was obscured by shadow)
*edit* As pointed out for me, that's not a bug and uses 5e ruling.

5. Tiefling child, by harpies, cutscene/dialogue didn't trigger after fight and could not interact with them. They climbed up the nearby rockface to reach my party to try to initiate the scene, but then went back to the water.

Last edited by HustleCat; 17/07/21 06:44 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Patch 5 issues:

1) If I free Shadowheart on the nautiloid, during the crashes cinematic she is standing in the middle of the screen;

2) Shadowheart's ponytail and tiefling's tails in general, go a bit crazy during jumps and/or cutscenes;

3) After I took the "Beguiling Influence" eldritch invocation, during deception checks I have two bonuses, one for my proficiency in deception due to my background, and another for my proficiency in deception due to the invocation.
So, I have a bonus of +4 instead of +2. I don't know if it is intended or not, maybe with two sources of proficiency I should have expertise in the skill (which is double the standard proficiency) but still, should be clarified in my opinion.

4) If I have a concentration spell active, using another concentration spell during a dialogue won't break the first one. My specific example is:
Cast "disguise self" (concentration) --> enter conversation --> cast "friends" (concentration) during the roll --> "disguise self" is maintained nonetheless.
This is an extreme case because breaking disguise self in mid-conversation could be very interesting from an RP standpoint. But I know we can't have dialogue lines for this circumstance for all the NPCs :P. Still, I think it is something worth reporting.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by HustleCat
4. A single disadvantage cancels out multiple sources of advantage (Specifically, not getting an advantage with a hidden character, with high ground, attacking a target with guided bolt on them, because the target was obscured by shadow)

This is actually correct, by 5e rules smile
Multiple advantage sources don't stack. You can have 100 advantages and still, one single disadvantage will negate them all. The opposite is also true, a single advantage will negate all the sources of disadvantage.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I got black faces and others graphics glitching after I reach the beach after the crash. I play in Stadia

I finally got in and playing... I guess whatever stalled me out before was just a one-time glitch. I noticed Lae'Zel no longer says the "And you mine, though it pains me to say it." bit... I actually miss that. The expression was priceless. I also noticed the Drow boss lady got a haircut. Looks decent, so whatever. A woman's prerogative to change hairstyles as she pleases.

I did, however, come across a minor funny (though I am not complaining). I freed Shadowheart from the pod and immediately killed her (all I wanted was her gear anyway)... I looted her corpse and left it to rot on the nautiloid, just as I had intended. When I escaped and woke up on the beach her body was laying near by... dressed in bandit gear! I actually got to loot her twice! I pictured some enthralled intellect devourer coming across her naked corpse and being like, "This won't do. This won't do at all! I'd better dress her in something and give her some gear before the masters see this." Needless to say, I giggled hysterically about that one.

Last edited by The_BlauerDragon; 18/07/21 03:01 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
I've had this issue in both patch 4 and patch 5 - All the cutscenes that trigger after going to sleep at the camp don't work. It plays a second or so of the cutscene, then it ends abruptly and I'm back wherever I was before going to camp. It's really annoying, since it locks me out of a lot of the story quests.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Post the Patch #5 update, when trying to sneak up on the bandits in the overgrown ruins every time i try to throw a fire bottle at a barrel of oil for it to explode (whilst in stealth mode, from outside of the room) though the initial nimation indicates the bottle connects with the battle a few seconds later fire seems to explode only outside of the room not where the oil barrel is

S
stranger
stranger
S
In the Harpy battle outside the druid grove, when a character is lured, the focus switches to that character. If that is not the next character in the initiative order, then the focus keeps being pulled back to the lured charcter, making the combat very unwieldy and really prone to error clicks.

N
stranger
stranger
N
After choosing to do a non-lethal attack against the goblin guy near the windmill, I tried to talk to him which didn't work, and now my character cannot talk to anyone. Other companions can talk to people but the mc cannot. I have saved and loaded and it still persists.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Shapeshifted into Wolf.
Character Portrait show something that might be the Backside of the overworked "Scratch" Looks like a small white Tail. Not a Wolfs face which it surely should.
It would be funny if it was obvious.
But it looks so convoluted that my imagination goes crazy.
Dont know what this Portrait is trying to reflect to me.

Update:
Druids Wild Shape Form making NPCs get spooked even when out of Wild Shape.
Similar is happening with Rangers Pets i read somewhere. Either NPCs get spooked or get attracted because of cuteness factor of animal/Shapeform.

Last edited by TheHero; 21/07/21 07:40 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
The Festering Cove
- Some Torches Flames are just sitting in the Air without Torches beneath them. Not interactable ones.

The Mastercraft Weapon (Sussur)
- AS long as you seem to have more Daggers then needed to craft ONE Dagger and Crafting menu for adding a Sussur-weapon (Dagger) is open, "combine" produces so many SussurDagers as you want.
I made myself a second one, that way.

Underdark
- Found a Dead Mycoid which had a HASTE Sporsac on Dead body, declared as 1 point of CAMP SUPPLY. Its showing in the CampMenu when you go Longrest.
- Made Gluts Quest killing the Duergar. Took Gekh Coal as raised Myconid slave by Gluts Spell.
After all Dueargars where dead i denied Gluts request to kill the other circle and had to kill him. Strangley Gekh Coal didnt attack at once, he was on upper Floor LAdder up. When Glut was dead and fight over i climbed to Gekhs Position.
He attacked me and i shoved him INTO THE EBONLAKE. I heard him cry out a loooong scream when he fell. Prbably scripted Scream when you shove him from mossstone chair. Anyway his NPC pic still is showing at Astarions NPC Picture (he talked with Glut to get his Quest) and Gekh Coals Picture shows that hes 32/52 Hitpoints. So somehow Gekh Myconid Slave is now somwhere under the Lake UNDEAD and haunting Astarion now with his presence of his Picture.

Last edited by TheHero; 25/07/21 05:07 PM.
stranger
stranger
'Creased Letter' in a chest in the Underdark (84,-205)

Contents AWOL.

letter reads: UND_DrowResupply.Prayer

If I try to cast a spell, the pop-up window is stuck there for all eternity. If I try to go to camp and end the day I cannot rest, and the game ends with my characters exiled to the campsite with no possible means of escape.

X
stranger
stranger
X
During the end sequence on the duergar boat. No matter which option I try it fails. During the battle on the boat, after the first attack turn when the first duergar scout attacks Gale with an Arrow of Roaring Thunder the game completely locks up.
The game will not even quit out. I have to force restart my computer every time. This is repeatable , I have done it four times. This issue was not there in the previous patches.

Gale does not want to consume magical artifacts.
I gave him 2, and I have another 2 in my inventory waiting for him, but the required dialogue does not fire.
I suspect it is because I maxed out his influence, but I'm not sure.

One more.
The game sees the Ancient Rune Circle at Myconid Colony as an item one can steal:
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
If you pass the persuasion roll check, the Circle gets unblocked, and if you don't pass it, the whole village turns hostile.

stranger
stranger
AFAIK, he only wants two for the duration of EA. He may want more later, we shall see.

Page 34 of 46 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard