Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
This is definitely good but I still want an option to increase the speed further. Faster animation options for both in combat and out of combat would be great.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Luminary
What do you suggest they implement as an alternative? I also strongly dislike it in its current implementation.
We've bene talking about this since the EA started (and frankly even before, since the criticism was there even for DOS 2).

You can join the good fight here:
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=679414#Post679414

Fair warning: you have some catching up to do, since it's a big thread to browse.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Definitely a massive improvement!
Not just in combat to be fair, everything seems a lot smoother and natural, including the dice rolling and animations.
The game is really coming together, is beautiful to witness.

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -
T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
Yep, can corroborate - you can actually "speed combat" now, which is like some sort of miracle for a turn-based game
Exactly how does speeding up combat work?
Sorry, miscommunication on my part - basically everything moves much faster now, with much less AI wait time and everything acting much faster. You can do combat almost as fast as you can click, so if you know what you want to do you can rush through certain encounters in moments.

Not really on topic for this thread but I was wondering if anyone else had encountered easier combat? I have been finding things much easier - owlbear, goblins outside of grove, gnolls, etc, were much simpler. (I even checked to make sure weighted dice had not sneaked itself on!). I know there are meta-game effects but i think there is a genuine difficulty decrease
IF that is the case sooner or later they will include more difficult challenge level to the game then normal. Well though that can take a long time, but at least during release there will be harder challenge levels that you can choose. I guess one even Easy challenge level easier then Normal will be included.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 18/07/21 05:16 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I haven't gotten to any of the more challenging fights yet but can confirm that the combat feels MUCH smoother and quicker now. I really like it.

A
A
Confirmed - either they've dropped his AC/starting life total or made my characters' attacks better*. He was almost dead even before I surrounded him with purple tanks and blew them up.

*That said, my chance to hit imps seems to have fallen drastically, and I often get no advantage from attacking from behind. Was that another patch change? Will have to read the notes more thoroughly ...

**EDIT** Ah yes, I see backstabbing no longer gives advantage. That is going to make some fights WAY harder, and makes jumping almost useless in combat.

Last edited by Adiktus; 19/07/21 10:16 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Adiktus
and makes jumping almost useless in combat.
You really should read the notes more carefully.
They nerfed enemies in the tutorial, because it's tutorial.
Removed backstab.
And jump is now useful only to... well... jump. It doesn't give disengage effect anymore. Disengage became a separate action.

addict
addict
I have run through the tutorial a few times, and yes having Shadowheart does make things easier, but imo the first Imp battle is clearly easier too - They have been renamed to "lesser imps" and they do not get damage resistance any more akaik. It was quite possible to wipe on that first Imp fight before the patch if you were unlucky + had a weak character, espcially without Lae'zel. Now it fells much less likely, ditto for the 6 imps in the final part of the tutorial even without shadowheart.

Last edited by alice_ashpool; 19/07/21 12:42 PM.
addict
addict
Also jump is still useful in combat situationally - with this new patch you will see enemies jump over obstacles such as flaming ground - it just isn't an every round "jump behind enemies" kind of deal.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard