Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
To preface: the feedback points mentioned here have been collected through a single playthrough by a single person; validity of these claims therefore may be low, however there might be certain important topics included. I subdivided my personal feedback based on a few topics for clarity. Regardless of my feedback, I thoroughly enjoyed my post-patch playthrough and am pleasantly surprised by the visible improvement of the game's experience.

Warning - there are spoilers below for certain story elements!

Dialogue
- Since performing with the bard Alfira requires two performance checks, I personally experienced it as a slight letdown that the cinematic version of the song does not play if you pick this dialog path.
- After taking the vial from Nettie, Astarion does not approve and a reflective dialogue with Astarion is available. Within this dialogue, he actually sounds like he thinks you made a good decision there, but even if you side with his reasoning, his overall reaction to your action is negative. To me, it would make more sense if agreeing with his reasoning balanced out this negative attitude with an equally positive one.
- Is it intended that you cannot give one of the few soul coins you can already find in Act 1 (i'm pretty sure I know of three) to the supporters of Tyr (/ Zariel)? A soul for an archdevil seems to be just what they are after, indiscriminant of who the soul belongs to.
- I love the bark dialogue when you control a character during moving or sneaking, however in its current state the standard rate at which voicelines are barked in this way seems slightly too fast. Personally, I think a 30 to 40% time
increase for the standard mode would be perfect.
- Before the scene at camp where Gale tells you he trusts you and asks you to trust him in return about his condition, Gale had very little dialogue options when talking to him - zero to none outside of some scripted scenes. It would be nice if Gale had some simple small-talk options that you can see with other companions before then.
- There's a slight mistake in one of Halsin's dialogue options when he is in your camp. I cannot remember the exact line but it refers back to if the druid grove is safe, and is formulated similar to: "Is 'it the' druid grove safe?"

Glitches and Quirks
- The Harpy ability Luring Song seems to mess with simultaneous initiative; while I was controlling Gale the camera kept panning between him and Shadowheart (who was under the effect of Luring Song), causing me to miss an aimed ability due to
a sudden camera switch.
- Tollhouse basement - the entry ladder can break, which makes it so the party can't exit anymore. I think at the latch two of my party members fell instead of taking the ladder down as well, resulting in nearly 20 damage on both Gale and Shadowheart from falling.
- Entering a new region while AI followers are mid-jump animation makes them take a lot of fall damage upon arrival at the new location.
- Glitches and Quirks - Tearing the wardrum in the goblin outpost still allows them to bang the drums for reinforcements.
- You can get stuck in area of The Risen Road where you first meet a few of the Zhentharim, if you jump to lower ground behind where the chest is located, since low and average STR characters can't jump back up. This can be helped if you have a character with the Jump spell, but this can be tedious and perhaps even impossible without a druid, wizard or cleric.
- I could not find the bodies of Mayrina's brothers in the bog this time around, perhaps they didn't spawn in for some reason? Or they despawned before I spotted them?
- Zevlor forced me into camp for the camp celebration scene if i engaged conversation with him, before i could speak to the druids in the grove. However, after I reloaded, this did not happen similarly again.
- Volo didn't do anything other than awkward silent strumming during the camp celebration cutscene.
- Had a glitch where talking to Novice Brynna at the finish point of the chicken chasing track - after killing the goblins and their leaders and having done a camp celebration - put me in conversation mode without prompts. The only fixes were either to attack the two acolytes of the Absolute to leave the screen or to reload entirely to the last save or quicksave.
- The minimap does not work on the alternate campsites (Underdark, Cavern, Crypt, etc.), although I'm certain this issue is a known one.
- I couldn't find Halsin in camp if the camp location was set in the Underdark.

Inventory
- Is there an inventory sort button? If there is, I can't spot it that easily.
- I personally think it would be nice to be able to select multiple items in the inventory in a simpler and quicker way for trading with party members or bartering.
- For bartering, maybe it could be nice to be able to pre-emptively mark items for trade so you can quickly give them to a trader. Saves time for multiplayer as well.
- I would personally like an easier / more intuitive method of splitting items, as currently it is very different to split stacks of items including amounts of gold, especially for bartering with traders.

Utility
- The camera is difficult to control in the harpy fight due to altitude differences. The harpies keep flying up as intended but the camera can't follow, thus they become very difficult to target even when they should be in range.
- I personally like the eating during a long rest, it seems to be easily achievable to get a full rest in this way. Depending on the feedback you get from the majority of players, it may be an idea to consider making the feature
something which can be toggled or decided upon a new game, so that players who do not want to worry about food management can choose to rest in the same way as before this patch. Purely QoL, I personally do not see it as necessary.

A
A
Originally Posted by ShotsFirefox
Is there an inventory sort button? If there is, I can't spot it that easily.
Yes, it's a little bar with an arrow to the side of it. Click on the arrow and you can sort by value, weight, type, or time of acquisition.

I personally think it would be nice to be able to select multiple items in the inventory in a simpler and quicker way for trading with party members or bartering.
Agree

For bartering, maybe it could be nice to be able to pre-emptively mark items for trade so you can quickly give them to a trader. Saves time for multiplayer as well.
You can. Right-click and select "mark as wares"

Link Copied to Clipboard