Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Niara
On the bright side, with Zhalk and the Illithid now giving XP, you can get within a hair's breadth of level 3 before you even leave the nautiloid. Not quite, but almost.

Edit: But, level three when I hit the beach.

Naw,, im cool with it.. im just making sure i wasnt losing my mind. Ive always thought that kicking their asses shouldnt be possible. Because Githyanki send out advanced squads on special missions.

Like i said, i wanted to make sure thart I wasnt losing my mind.

This is a GOOD SIGN, cause this means the Githyanki is gonna play a major part in the game and i now CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT THE UNDERDARK WILL OFFER.

The Drow should be big to, because remember not only are they everywhere, but the kidnapped the Duke of Baldurs Gate. But I took the shield, not sure if its a passive activation, but about time they added metal shields. It looks cool

addict
Online Content
addict
When I look at a PC's XP, I see (I forgot the exact terms) : "Current experience xxx, remaining experience"
The XP to get to the next level aren't shown anymore.
Didn't change anything to screen resolution or font size or anything.

veteran
veteran
I did get a response from the team to say that that bit (the XP display) is a known issue and *should* be fixed next round of updates.

stranger
stranger
Yo,, guys game is coming along pretty cool. Thanks for fixing that flaming fist shield. Instead of it looking like a simple wooden shield in inventory it looks like it should. not to mention that it got confusing to spot it when youre flipping between weapons and it ends up back in youre inventory with other basic wooden shields.

veteran
veteran
I loves the Absolute amulets on the Ghaik thralls too, on the gha'ath. Nice detail.

addict
addict
I love the new Minthara's hairdo. I was pretty sure that previous one was a placeholder and yet you surprised me with how the new one really suits her.

veteran
veteran
Yes. Much better. And the Guardian of Tombs' new voice...nice.

veteran
veteran
I liked her more before to be honest. frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Medjai
Naw,, im cool with it.. im just making sure i wasnt losing my mind. Ive always thought that kicking their asses shouldnt be possible. Because Githyanki send out advanced squads on special missions.

I can understand that sentiment, but I'd be more friendly with it if it weren't for the fact that it is way easier to get into a fight with the Gith than it is to avoid that fight. So if their intent is to make the final conflict as difficult as possible then I think tht's a bad move unless they also change things so it's harder to start a fight than settle things peacefully.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Temperance
Is it only me or in the patch, it's impossible while in multiplayer to buff another player's rolls using spells and such ? Whenever I click on the icon to do it, only the spells or abilities tied to my own controlled characters show up.
We're two players with only one cleric in the party and it's very annoying to only be able to buff the player controlling it, especially considering how great the introduction of this system has been for the general feeling of the game.

In order to buff your fellow players in multi they have to be part of the conversation. So they have to click on the conversation as it happens (cursor turns into an ear) I was also confused about this at first as it doesn't say anywhere.

Blackheifer
enthusiast
enthusiast
Kind of surprising that no one has an opinion on the removal of the narrator volume control, and ironic that just before the 5th patch I was writing about how much I appreciated that little bit of thoughtfulness from Larian--they've kept the narrator channel separate and controllable because it allows those who don't like hearing the narration to just turn it off. Until now, when it is removed without explanation of any kind. When Larian first did this they received a lot of kudos as I recall--so I'm certain this isn't something for which I am a reed crying in the wilderness...;)

The girl doing the voice for the narrator was the same one who voiced a part in the last D:OS game. It's nothing against her, but trying to shoe-horn the spoken narration bits into scenes which are so well done cinematically that they *need no narration* because there is nothing to convey to the player that isn't put far better by the scene itself, really degrades rather than enhances the scene. Much of what she says just doesn't fit the context of the scene--it often seems outside the context, or it is redundant to the scene being powerfully played out visually....she often drawls out the words she feels deserve emphasis...just being honest here...she sounds totally bored and as if she really has no idea what is going on in the game behind the narration bits she is reciting into her mic. I would not be surprised if that was the case...;) It sounds like it.

So I'd like to say I like very much where I see the game heading--with that one exception--I would simply prefer the narration bits on screen at the volume of 0. That way I can read them at my own speed (much faster) and put my own emphasis where I perceive it should lie. The way it is, it's disconcerting and interferes with my suspension of disbelief, etc. I hope I've explained it a bit better!

*Animations: much better than they were--they're tight, and seem to flow a lot better than before. Continuity between scenes is coming along nicely. Had no trouble releasing Shadowheart onboard the ship before it crashed, and thought that was much better than the original solution. Also, I was amused to hear Swen say he had had so much trouble picking the lock to that ruin where we met Shadowheart--in earlier patches I had no trouble picking it with either my ranger or my Vampire...;) High dex was the key.

*Dice throws* Ah, great! much better, faster than before--huge improvement, even though it had never bothered me before. It's actually kind of fun to throw the dice now (weighted, of course)...;)

*Image Quality at 4k HDR is absolutely splendid--superb! BG3 is my go-to game for showing what well-engineered HDR can do for a game's visuals. I know that you guys are preparing to support AMD's FSR in the coming months and just want to say to you that my favorite image-quality feature is HDR. FSR I don't much need because I am happy with the 4k frame rate of my 5700XT (50th Ann Ed.) and the 43" Philips Momentum monitor with certified DisplayHDR 1000 capability wins the prize--BG3 is just drop-dead gorgeous!

*Player Character facial animation: coming along wonderfully! Instead of looking like a clay-faced dope, my ranger actually looks like he's got sense and is very much in tune with his surroundings. Really shaping up!

*Also I very much like the way that camp/camping is integrated into the gameplay so that it's not so disjointed as it was. Great way to solve that, imo.

If you could simply provide and on/off audio switch for the narration, no real need for the volume control, it would improve the presentation for me--and I'm sure for others as well.

Keep up the good work, Larian!

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Yes, I love the new voice of the Tomb Guardian who joins your camp!
I much preferred how Minthara looked before tho...oh well.

Besides that I like most of the new changes, and the camp supplies per long rest feature isn't too annoying or anything & I do like it. Especially, because eventually we will be able to choose the difficulty level of the game, so it will def balance things out more IMO, especially then.

I guess I don't mind food no longer healing, but I kind of liked that...but I'm used to it in other RPG video games so that's why, but now this game is much more similar to table top playing D&D 5e, where food doesn't heal and you better have a cleric in your party haha!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hotfix for Patch 5 named "patch5_hf1" sighted on SteamDB.
Will it be released tonight?

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by TheHero
Hotfix for Patch 5 named "patch5_hf1" sighted on SteamDB.
Will it be released tonight?

No, not today.

old hand
old hand
After finally getting around to start a patch 5 playthrough for myself, I only want to say that I love how Jump has a keybind now. Probably the single best quality of life feature thus far.

addict
addict
Just want to say that the improved visuals are such an improvement - Spells look really good when you cast them, and you no longer do you look like a Christmas tree when you have Mage Armor up. Still undecided about the floaty indicator-things above the heads though.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
Just want to say that the improved visuals are such an improvement - Spells look really good when you cast them, and you no longer do you look like a Christmas tree when you have Mage Armor up. Still undecided about the floaty indicator-things above the heads though.

Same.

addict
Online Content
addict
After patch 4, Shadowheart was lagging some 30 xp behind the other 3 party members.
Now, I see that in p&tch 5 Gale is also lagging. I noticed it by accident when my character and LAe'zel were ready to advance to level 3 and Shadow and Gale not.
So me and Lae'zel have 7XP in LV3
Gale has 587 XP in LV2
Shadow has 577 XP in LV2

When that happens send them to camp and take them back in. Exp sync autmatically with your highest when they join.

M
M
Love all the changes patch 5 added! In future patch please add to Mage Hand more utility functionality (like it works in tabletop) smile

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard