Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I know you guys have done a TON of work and changes with her, and I LOVE the direction you are going. My only issue is that the new Shadowheart attitude now clashes with the old one. For example - in the new patch, we can free Shadowheart, and you fight your way off the ship with her and La' Zelle. You do that as a group, but then when we find La' Zelle again in the cage, Shadowheart suggests killing her even after they fought side by side. Wouldn't this allow for just a little more trust? If Shadowheart had the trauma of being left in the pod, then I understand her hate for La' Zelle, but wouldn't that be nullified if she was a part of the party that freed her?

Although she belongs to a dark and mysterious cult, she obviously has goodness in her. And if she has the capacity to romance the main character, wouldn't she have the capacity to ease up on La' Zelle? Now I get it - you want character depth- and she's cautious about the artifact, but La' Zelle clearly suspects nothing. The open hostility doesn't quite add up, especially if she wants to keep a low profile.

C
C
Laezel specifically advises you to leave Shadowheart to die and Shadowheart in fact comments on this. The whole reason for the 'new' attitude Shadowheart shows you is that you chose to ignore Laezel and rescued her from what she believes was certain death.

veteran
veteran
Well ...
If you want some examples of people, who were fighting side to side against common enemy ... but turned against each other, right after ... i recomend human history ... there is a lot of those. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
What you pointed out is just the tip of the iceberg

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
veteran
veteran
Im not even sure if there is any inceberg, in this particular situation, to begin with. O_o

Even tho they are fighting side by side ... they only tolerate each other, there is no friendship ... Shadowheart, dont like Lae'zel presence from the begining and in multiple ocasions she shows that she dont thrust her ... and at beach, she even acuses her for leaving you to die ... so there certainly is enough reasons for her to suggest to "better kill her right now". O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
T
addict
addict
T
Shadowheart is extremely forgiving for a Sharite (which is not unique, Shar is good at convincing people that should know better that she's got their best interests in mind.... re: Sharess having a dalliance with her and nearly getting consumed as a result) but she IS a Sharite who was raised in a rather unforgiving and harsh environment. Her background and upbringing is at least as harsh as Lae'zel's just with different priorities (Sharite teachings lean more toward subtlety, Githyanki lean more toward overt domination) and she views the Gith as enemies.

It makes sense for her to encourage shooting the dog before she has a chance to become friends with her to spare the heartbreak of future betrayal.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
I get Lae'zel and Shadowheart being at each others throats, it's a bit awkward and clunky with so few party members and with Shadowheart and Lae'zel being the only female characters but that should lessen when more characters are added. I think she's being consistent here, she's already suspicious of Lae'zel even in the ship and Lae'zel abandoning the party wouldn't have helped her opinion.

There are other points where Shadowheart seems inconsistent with her new and previous lines. Old Shadowheart would have insisted she was having a great time in the chamber and been furious if your character said they would free her and then freed her.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by crashdaddy
Laezel specifically advises you to leave Shadowheart to die and Shadowheart in fact comments on this. The whole reason for the 'new' attitude Shadowheart shows you is that you chose to ignore Laezel and rescued her from what she believes was certain death.
Exactly. SH even warns about teaming up with Lae'zel. It is never once suggested that they want to team up with each other.. simply that they both want to get out alive. Just because they are fighting together to get off the ship does not make them friends, suddenly. SH thinks Lae'zel is less dangerous than being on a Nautiloid in Avernus, but that does not mean she thinks Lae'zel is acceptable to group with. On the ship, it is just desperation. Once off the ship, SH quite rightly does not want to group with Lae'zel.
This is CONSTISTENT, not inconsistent.

Last edited by Gideon Stargrave; 23/07/21 07:04 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard