Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
veteran
veteran
that's incredible Saito! Also, it's crazy how OP Guidance is. I can't believe it's a cantrip

old hand
old hand
The next order of business is to see how ridiculous my persuasion rolls get when my Bard gets access to expertise. It appears his Jack of All Trades is already supported by the new roll interface too.

D
addict
addict
D
Do they have expertise in game yet?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by dwig
Do they have expertise in game yet?

Expertise was working with the Bard mod in the last patch, so I assume it is. I'll have to level up one more time to see though.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
that's incredible Saito! Also, it's crazy how OP Guidance is. I can't believe it's a cantrip

Guidance plus Help Action has always been GREAT. And funnily in normal 5e both can be delivered through a familiar, making them surprisingly strong in making it genuinely hard for your allies to fail dice rolls.

To above, perhaps next patch we'll be getting two classes? Since next patch is a content patch and there are a three known datamined origin companions who could (or could not) appear. One is a ranger which we already have, but I seriously hope for a more PHB+TCoE ranger to be implemented.

But from what I read elsewhere the others are a Bard and a Barbarian OR Paladin.

If Bard has had a lot of work behind the scenes and is near done, they possibly they could be added with said companion in Patch 6.
And the same for if the other is a Barbarian or Paladin.
So my prediction is new companions and new classes.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Yeah, Guidance is a S-tier spell in table top too. I'd say for 90% of the tables, it's basically a guarantee +1d4 on all skill checks.

On tougher tables, your DM might make NPCs react to you casting a spell (with verbal and somatic components) in the middle of a conversation if you forgot to cast it before hand and are often more aware of the range, so it's a bit more limited, but that's probably pretty rare.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The ONLY thing we know about Patch 6 is that it will come between Patch 5 and Patch 7.

Anything else is mere speculation and wishful thinking.

journeyman
journeyman
I still look forward to whenever we'll get bards and half-orcs. Though I try to not expect or predict too many wishes for the patches, so instead of disappointment I get a pleasant surprise.

old hand
old hand
Did I ever mention how hilarious Bard is? Because Bard is hilarious.

[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

+7-10 total bonus on persuasion at level 2 is pretty nuts. I hit level 3 and picked up Expertise immediately after this.

Used Speak with Animals to talk to the little blue jay in the grove. Very cute Bard exclusive dialogue option. This isn't a new thing, I've observed this (and the Bard dialogue option) being here since Patch 2. Shadowheart approves of this option, by the way.

Oh, and the most infamous roll in the game to save the tiefling child? Pretty trivial as a Bard too. For some reason, the first time I tried this, I didn't get the option to have Shadowheart cast Guidance on me, so I had her pre-cast it beforehand the second time around. That lone + from Jack of All Trades is really a flat +1 bonus. I'm thinking that the reason I'm not getting the option to have Shadowheart cast Guidance on me during the check itself is because my Bard is concentrating on Speak with Animals. That's a bug that needs to be ironed out. As soon as I turned it off, Shadowheart was able to assist during skill checks again.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 20/07/21 08:42 AM.
D
addict
addict
D
The jack of all trades bonus shouldn't apply there though, correct? Its only to non-proficient skills if I recall correctly?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by dwig
The jack of all trades bonus shouldn't apply there though, correct? Its only to non-proficient skills if I recall correctly?

Yeah, that's how I thought it worked. A couple things still need to be ironed out. The game probably can't yet differentiate between global bonuses that are supposed to be turned off if you already have proficiency.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I had same impression to be honest ...
Until, recently (yesterday?) when Tuco in some other topic pointed out that he is curious about if Larian will include some martial moves ...

Honestly, if they would not ... and just let Monks attack as regular unarmed character, it would be kinda letdown ... but then you would be totally right.
BUT! If they do plan to implement some special moves for their attack ... it means lot of unique animations ... and that is lot more work, compared to "just mechanics" for others. smile
All respect to Tuco as a forum GURU in many things and I congratule him as Italy won EC football 2021.

What Tuco may have said he knows best, but I would argue I have been going for even stronger then Tuco for correct martial art moves for Monk. Yes please they can wait with Monk class to get martial arts moves right it does not need to be soon released class better they do it correctly:

Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Well it could be akward with a Gnome or Dwarf monk trying to kick in head height of tall Elf or Human laugh.

I started training Karate when I was 13 years old then switched to Tae Kwon Do (which is basically same as Karate but the Tae Kwon Do training place was near where I lived) and when I was 17 years old participated in BIG Tae Kwon Do tournament with 16 partipiants and I got SILVER.

I did not have success when 18+ because it gets much harder with adults that have black belts in tournaments.
Anyway nowadays I can still kick in my head height and I train Bodycombat in my gym. We do kicks and punches into the air.

It has not need to be that special. I like the new COBRA KAI tv series that is plain old school Karate suitable for Monk moves. That or Kung Fu from Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris fight:

Chuck Norris uses Karate and Bruce Lee uses Kung Fu. It is movie agreed match though who wins, but the moves are real.

Women can be also good in martial arts, This is the best woman Titta Keinänen from my country Finland in Women heavy weight Karate (no maximum weight). She is the only FINN that has won GOLD in Karate Premiere League.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Compare that to winning GOLD in football Champions League! At her best she was ranked NR 2 in the world though at top level it is very equal. In Europe Championship she got Bronze which is pretty good considering the World Champion gold winner is from Europe.

Titta is agile see above!
Titta is tall and big woman! Do you see the man is not tall compared to her. Titta competes in Karate no maximum weight BIG WOMEN!
Titta is strong woman very good strenght!
Yeah it can be tricky get animations and moves correct for Monk Larian should get advice from someone that trains or have trained martial arts.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 20/07/21 08:25 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Malrith
I am a simple woman, all I want is Bard.
I second that. I want the bard class too.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Bard is my most eagerly anticipated class along with Sorcerer. On some level, I want them to include immersive role playing options such as the ability to sing or play a decent variety of instruments. I understand that’s a lot of stuff to include, but it would be amazing to see implemented. On the other hand, I recognise that not every Bard is necessarily a musician, and everyone should be able to role-play the kind of Bard they want to be. But yeah, I would honestly be a bit disappointed if we just get straight Bard gameplay mechanics without any frivolous fluff for flavour.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Sechrima
Bard is my most eagerly anticipated class along with Sorcerer. On some level, I want them to include immersive role playing options such as the ability to sing or play a decent variety of instruments. I understand that’s a lot of stuff to include, but it would be amazing to see implemented. On the other hand, I recognise that not every Bard is necessarily a musician, and everyone should be able to role-play the kind of Bard they want to be. But yeah, I would honestly be a bit disappointed if we just get straight Bard gameplay mechanics without any frivolous fluff for flavour.
Here we go again. No all remaining classes in Players Handbook have equally chance to be released.

I do not buy Bard and Sorcerer as the most anticipated. I have seen Barbar wish, Monk has been wished. In another thread when a forum member complained in Solasta vs BG3 that why BG3 does not have Paladin?
Well and then Solasta do not have many classes despite fully released there is no Druid class or usage of Animal Handling skill in the main campaign and they did not get full Dnd license (Solasta did get limited Dnd 5th edition license) so not exactly fully DND 5th with all races and classes from Players Handbook. Solasta do have Sorceror released now. Why this? Solasta has been developed with much less budget and full DND 5th edition license is more expensive I guess. Budget was also so thight in Solasta I think they had to release the game in May 2021 and example Sorceror was released after full release in Solasta. That means the number of classes in Solasta can still increase. However there is no Druid and skill Animal Handling is totally useless in Solasta main campaign it is not done really. Budget also affected graphics and Solasta graphics is not even near BG3 graphics standard and if you want to see cutscenes and high effects in story telling and stuff like that stick to BG3.

I do admit that I said Monk can wait so they get the martial art moves correct. Sorceror? We already have Wizard.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 21/07/21 08:35 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
No all remaining classes in Players Handbook have equally chance to be released.
Yes they do ... and that chance is 100% ...
That was one of first promises Larian give us, that game will certainly include ALL RACES, CLASSES AND SUB-CLASSES FROM PLAYERS HANDBOOK. wink

So ... i presume its quite obvious.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sechrima
I still believe this should be resolved with third "weapon slot" where you can give anything you want ... torch, lute, flute, drum, another weapon ... and wich would be turned to allways visible (simmilar to headgear)
Most artworks i have seen about bards is with lute, or guitar (modern Bards i presume? :D) on their back ... it would be a shame, if our bard would never be able to walk the Faerun, just like this:

Now when i think about it ...
It would be nice to allow us "hide" some weapons, at least daggers for example ... i mean, what Rogue is walking the world with two magic daggers on his belt? They are suppose to be sinister weapons, so have them in boot, or stratched on inner side of bracers seem perfectly legit to me.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 21/07/21 09:22 AM.

veteran
veteran
I think, we bards should carry an instrument. My instrument of choice would be the hzrdygurdy, but that is a bit exotic, so I'll be happy with a lute too. I think it would be great, if our bards would be able to sing something or play their instruments or even tell a story.

I know, I get ahead of things, I'm just looking forward to the bard class so badly. I'm using the bard mod atm and the gameplay is great (and yes, expertise really is very nice in conversations, often, my bard don't really have to role dices for success).

Sorcerer would be great too, I always liked that class more than wizards for some reason.

And I want to see multiclassing. Most of my D&D characters are multiclass (bard/warlock atm), I just like the mix and matching.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Yes they do ... and that chance is 100% ...that game will certainly include ALL RACES, CLASSES AND SUB-CLASSES FROM PLAYERS HANDBOOK. wink

Great optimism, but there's just no way they're going to include every subclass in the phb. Every race..maybe. That said, if it happens, wow, that would be insane.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Great optimism, but there's just no way they're going to include every subclass in the phb. Every race..maybe. That said, if it happens, wow, that would be insane.
It would be much better if you would say imediatly reasons for this opinion. smile

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard