Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
stranger
stranger
The corpse that has the Damaged Helm, one of the Quest Items for Shadowheart, is not lootable for me. It keeps saying "Use jump action to reach." despite being literally right infront of me.

TheHero Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Patch 5 had several locations where Objects which are holding items cant be reached.
Blighted Village:
Skelleton near the sleeping drunken Bugbear on Housecorner.
Skelleton near the 3 Ogres which normally has old Dark Justiciar Helmet item.

Druid Grove:
Several Bookcases cant be reached in the library where the dead Drow is lying on table.

And surley much more of those similar not reachable locations ingame this Patch 5.
Best Guess a problem with the rendering of Gameworld before patch was delivered out.
Somehow items are not in the right positions.
For just some pixel and therfore exist out of world /reach.
Tedious task to find all those items and compare propper positions.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Aye ye that's probably related to what I found with some metal gloves

S
stranger
stranger
S
To get to the next area of the game you have to loot the bookshelf and pass a perception check to notice the scratches on the floor and then pull the lever after moving the boxes out of the way. I have moved the boxes and made the perception check and revealed the lever but anytime I try to use the lever it just says cant reach. I have restarted the room and have the same result.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I couldn't reach the pouch in the makeshift altar or whatever in the goblin priestesses room, after fighting the female ogre. I passed the check and could see the pouch, but couldn't reach.

TheHero Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
@AintAintCountry:
That might be the Gloves in the cart in the Druid Grove near Doni the mute Tiefling kid.
I even tried thunder arrow on it. Not Thunderwave yet. But worth a try to get them out of the cart laugh
Thieving such form Dammon the Smith is much easier in Patch 5 then getting those glued ones in the cart.

Last edited by TheHero; 19/07/21 12:54 PM.
TheHero Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
This seems to be all over ther place with usable objects, containers off all kinds (also bodies as containers which are part of the world from start)
Seems its Levers and switches too.
Seriously misplaced items in Patch 5.
I bet we get a newly rendered gameworld in some days with fixed positions. Not reachable is suggesting those things are out of the world area in the out of world map area.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I literally just did this and had the same issue!
Solved it by dragging a crate back over and having a character climb on it to reach.
Even though the lever is right in front of their face without the crate. Yeah something has gone wonky, but try the crate workaround for now?

There was also a corpse in the Blighted Village I also "couldn't reach".

apprentice
apprentice
Same issue here.
Attacking the lever worked for me.

veteran
veteran
As i said in other topics (saying just in case you read that one too) ...

For some unknown reason game conciders many objects to be aproximately 1meter higher than they actualy are ...
So far i have found that in many (not all) situations Mage Hand is quite usefull ...

Sadly, it cant turn switch, so in this basement you need to climb on those crates.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
Originally Posted by TheHero
@AintAintCountry:
That might be the Gloves in the cart in the Druid Grove near Doni the mute Tiefling kid.
I even tried thunder arrow on it. Not Thunderwave yet. But worth a try to get them out of the cart laugh
Thieving such form Dammon the Smith is much easier in Patch 5 then getting those glued ones in the cart.
I can move the box sitting next to the cart onto the cart, and that box can still be opened.
But the box that was on the cart from the beginning, and the gloves next to it, that are now lying beside the box I threw into the cart remain unreachable. Pffff.....
So it' does not seem to be position related but object related.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Got ALL the problems people are talking about here, plus the Antitoxin in the Apothecary above the empty fireplace across from the trapdoor.

Heard there is an hotfix coming? Hopefully some of the important one are fixed.

#782114 21/07/21 11:21 PM
P
stranger
stranger
P
I've been seeing this issue despite having myself at level with the item. (Climbing on crates and etc) The most recent I had noticed was in the defiled temple when the pouch becomes visible through a perception check and YOU CANT REACH IT..

I use fighter tadpole power to yank it

#782910 25/07/21 12:16 AM
N
stranger
stranger
N
When i am trying to interact with items (bookcases, boxes, etc.) or picking up things, i get the message of either unable to reach, or must use jump function even if it is on the ground right in front of me. I did not have this issue till patch 5

addict
addict
I also have noticed this bug in patch 5. Including with the Well in the middle of Blighted Village. "can't reach" a huge well, whatever next.

veteran
veteran
I wonder if there is allready at least 20 topic of this issue ... i bet it is. laugh

Most things can be reached by Mage Hand ...
And when you get to lever in stellar, stand on some box. wink

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
N
stranger
stranger
N
i am sorry they did not come up on my search but i will make sure i consult you before i post next time

M
stranger
stranger
M
Well I figured out how to yank objects using that object I found on the Nautiloid, but it always pulls the wrong object, if there are two in close proximity. How do you yank objects using Illithid power?

Last edited by MisplacedProtag; 25/07/21 07:35 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard