Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
old hand
old hand
Yeah... as much as I love the core DnD 5th ruleset, and how impressively they've implemented that in Solasta... the combat *IS* far more impressive, fluid and fun in BG3. I just hope they implement a good reaction system, the Dodge and Ready action, and let go off the height advantage/disadvantage, and make wizards unable to cast all damn spells.

veteran
veteran
yep. so I'm still not convinced this game is proof the system works "raw" in video game form. Might be a bit of a reach on my part, but I think fun enough gameplay could have enticed me enough to at least dedicate several hours.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
T
addict
addict
T
I do not understand the concept of one game or another killing it or not. Solasta has its own homebrews going on and it deviates from 5e in a couple of ways here and there, mostly ones that I approve of like generally replacing alignment with personality tags. They're both decent games and they both follow pretty closely to 5e rules and make deviations in different places. They can both exist and you can enjoy both games.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Abits
I wonder how many people here actually finished Solasta. I couldn't get through the first few hours out of boredom
I loved it for what it was.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Abits
I wonder how many people here actually finished Solasta. I couldn't get through the first few hours out of boredom
I loved it for what it was.

It has some charming bits. The dialogue your character uses being partially formed out of the personality tree you have. Could definitely have done with a wider range of voices... but then so could BG3.

I suppose I was spoiled by NWN1&2

Soooo many voice options there.

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard