Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
old hand
old hand
Except they said they would add everything from PHB, that was what they promised. So to not deliver on that would be disappointing.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Except they said they would add everything from PHB, that was what they promised. So to not deliver on that would be disappointing.
I am sorry to burst your bubble. With that logic they would add all Cleric domains from PHB.

Sorry modern games have shown everything can not be trusted. CYBERPUNK 2077 turned out a complete failure from the over HYPED super game it was supposed to be.

Larian has also said that they adapt those things that they seem feasible and will NOT add everything like in Dnd. Example I am pretty sure we can not fly in this game with a fly spell.

Here is the realistic version.
A. They will add all classes from PHB. That means in alfabetic order said: Barbarian, Bard, Monk, Paladin and Sorceror will be available at full release.
B. They will NOT add every subbclass or every CLERIC domain from PHB. That said I do hope they add more Cleric domands and subclasses but everyone is not realistic.
C. They migth add every race from PHB so they are available at full release.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 21/07/21 04:52 PM.
T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
I am sorry to burst your bubble. With that logic they would add all Cleric domains from PHB.

Sorry modern games have shown everything can not be trusted. Look out the CYBERPUNK 2077 turned out a complete failure from the over HYPED super games it was supposed to be.

Larian has also said that they adapt those things that they seem feasible. Example I am pretty sure we can not fly in this game with a fly spell.

A. They will add all classes from PHB.
B. They will NOT add every subbclass or every CLERIC domain form PHB.
C. They migth add every race from PHB.

I imagine if the game draws continued success we will eventually see more subclasses and lineages released as DLC patches and I'm fine with that. It's unreasonable to expect a "do everything" approach. Games that try to do everything tend to fail everything.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Thrythlind
I imagine if the game draws continued success we will eventually see more subclasses and lineages released as DLC patches and I'm fine with that. It's unreasonable to expect a "do everything" approach. Games that try to do everything tend to fail everything.
Yes it is possible they might do that but even then I have my doubts of all.

You quoted me to fast. Here was what I was trying to say:

Sorry modern games have shown everything can not be trusted. CYBERPUNK 2077 turned out a complete failure from the over HYPED super game it was supposed to be.

Larian has also said that they adapt those things that they seem feasible and will NOT add everything like in Dnd. Example I am pretty sure we can not fly in this game with a fly spell.

A. They will add all classes from PHB. That means in alfabetic order said: Barbarian, Bard, Monk, Paladin and Sorceror will be available at full release.
B. They will NOT add every subbclass or every CLERIC domain from PHB. That said I do hope they add more Cleric domains and subclasses, but everyone is not realistic.
C. They might add every race from PHB so they are available at full release.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 21/07/21 04:57 PM.
T
addict
addict
T
Yeah, adding every single Cleric domain and Wizard tradition is a hard ask.

I'm hoping we get more for warlock, Celestial and Archfey just as a counter to Fiend and Great Old One for one. But... long term goals.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
No all remaining classes in Players Handbook have equally chance to be released.
Yes they do ... and that chance is 100% ...
That was one of first promises Larian give us, that game will certainly include ALL RACES, CLASSES AND SUB-CLASSES FROM PLAYERS HANDBOOK. wink

So ... i presume its quite obvious.

We're 5 classes short of the full roster. All the classes will be there, thats not a concern. The subclasses on the other hand could be considered a problem, seeing as they have not yet properly addressed the Wizard class in general with the learnable spells issue. Wizards have 8 different subclasses. Clerics have 7... and thats just the PHB. I seriously doubt they will be able to implement all of them to work as intended, some will be there only in the roleplay sense. And then we could talk about the deity options, which is severly lacking, both in choice and the impact to the story and/or dialogue. The addition of the Paladin class would have to address those issues as well.

And the races... well, what we currently have is a lot of options but there is still much to be added and implemented to satisfy the PHB roster.
+ Dwarf (missing only the Duergar)
+ Halfling (missing only the Ghostwise)
+ Tiefling (missing Baalzebul, Fierna, Levistus, Glasya, Dispater and Mammon heritage)
+ Missing: Half-Orcs, Dragonborn (they should have 10 available dragon ancestors to choose from) and Gnomes (which will need to have Forest, Rock and Deep gnome subraces)

+ The Gith, although not a PHB race - but still in the game, are also missing a subrace (Githzerai)

Anything more than that will be a bonus. Theres a book in the druids grove that serves as a sort of a tease for the Aarakocra, Tabaxi, Tortle and Genasi races which aren't the most common of sights on the road to Baldurs Gate, although I would love to see them in the finished product along with a few others (the subraces for elves in the form of the Eladrin and Shadar-Kai, the Aasimar race, the Vedalken), I'm not going to hold my breath.
Larian has A LOT of work ahead of them still. I hope they will pleasantly surprise us when the full release rolls out, but I fear that some of the designs will go wrong.

T
addict
addict
T
My personal favorite right now, the yuan-ti, is highly unlikely to ever be included unless we see a sequel. Which I'm fine with.

I have issues with the yuan-ti write up in that it's very much of the "let's copy the MM entry" variety of making a player race and I'm ambivalent about some of the features. My personal homebrew of them replaces Magic Resistance with a Advantage versus effects that cause Charm or Frighten (due to having unusual emotional states), dropping Poison Immunity to Resistance/Advantage on saves. Keeping Snake Friendship but replacing the other lineage-spell load outs based on which of the big four snake "gods" their heritage associated with (Sseth, Merrshaulk, Dendar, Zehir). Feels a bit less bland/overpowered and more in keeping with their lore.

But yeah, they're the least likely lineage to be seen on the list.

I do hope all the plane-touched ones get included: Aasimar and Genasi... just because of the amount of plane-walking going on in just the tutorial.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
1) Cyberpunk was released before it was ready, bcs people demanded it, and publisher decided that he would rather have lot of money now, than later.
2) Overhype is problem of comunity, not developers ... all developers are sworn to deliver is what they promised ... it would be simmilar like Damn whole Larian, bcs we expected Paladin in Patch 5, but didnt get it ... its not *their fault* we expected more. -_-
3) As far as i know (and i do, i have friends there), they are still working on that game and keep releasing fixes ... that i something lot even bigger companies dont.
4) Its true that their marketing department knitted their own whip ... but, one must agree that thei did incredibly good job ... maybe a little too good. laugh
5) Finaly ... there are a lot worse projects, than Cyberpunk ... yes, im looking at you, Bloodlines 2.

That is understandable ...
Its still their game, so it seem quite logical that they will implement things as they see fit. :-/

And no we cannot "fly" with fly spell ... mostly bcs litteraly nothing in this game can "fly" ...
But, in boundaries that are created by this game limitations ... yes, we can "fly" as much as anything else can. wink

B. They will NOT add every subbclass or every CLERIC domain from PHB. That said I do hope they add more Cleric domands and subclasses but everyone is not realistic.
A. > Yup ... that is exactly what they promised.

B. > Why it would be not realistic? laugh
- Knowledge Domain
- Life Domain (allready there)
- Light Domain (allready there)
- Nature Domain
- Tempest Domain
- Trickery Domain (allready there)
- War Domain
What is so unrealistic about inplementing 4 subclasses ... since all you need to do is implement their Channel Divinity, and some passives? laugh
Everything else seem to be shared between domains ...

I would more expect you to complain about Wizard ... specificly i cant quite imagine how implementing of Ilusion Wizard will lookalike ... but that is their problem. laugh

C. > Yup ... that is exactly what they promised. wink

Originally Posted by S2PHANE
And the races... well, what we currently have is a lot of options but there is still much to be added and implemented to satisfy the PHB roster.
+ Dwarf (missing only the Duergar)
+ Halfling (missing only the Ghostwise)
+ Tiefling (missing Baalzebul, Fierna, Levistus, Glasya, Dispater and Mammon heritage)
+ Missing: Half-Orcs, Dragonborn (they should have 10 available dragon ancestors to choose from) and Gnomes (which will need to have Forest, Rock and Deep gnome subraces)

+ The Gith, although not a PHB race - but still in the game, are also missing a subrace (Githzerai)
Call me naive ... but i believe once Race is done ... create subrace is only matter of stats, and sometimes some reactions in conversation (not all subraces are so different as Dwarf and Duergar ... for example Tieflings will be all still viewed as Tieflings in my opinion).
So i believe that adding subraces is still much more probable than exotic races. smile

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
T
addict
addict
T
Call me naive ... but i believe once Race is done ... create subrace is only matter of stats, and sometimes some reactions in conversation (not all subraces are so different as Dwarf and Duergar ... for example Tieflings will be all still viewed as Tieflings in my opinion).
So i believe that adding subraces is still much more probable than exotic races. smile[/quote]

comme ci, comme ca. One of the biggest let downs of adding yuan-ti to NWN2 (and it was an official add) was that there was no dialogue added in to comment on your character's nature... disappointing but understandable in the main campaign... but there definitely should have been more in Storm of Zehir.

T
Banned
Banned
T

I'm hoping we get more for warlock, Celestial and Archfey just as a counter to Fiend and Great Old One for one. But... long term goals.

Fine ok wish. Anyway I would really like that they add Tempest Domain to Cleric. Well not to mention I like Tempus as deity.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 21/07/21 07:10 PM.
T
addict
addict
T
Fine ok wish. Anyway I would really like that they add Tempest Domain to Cleric. Well not to mention I like Tempus as deity.[/quote]

re: the Warlock, one of the better things they did in 5e was expanded past just "deal with dark powers" so leaving it just fiend/GOO feels a bit like it undermines a bit of what they did with the class.

That said, I am well aware that warlocks often have differing moral stances than their patrons and that antagonist relationships between warlocks and patrons are common.

Also, I would also like to see War or Tempest because it makes it broadens the scope of cleric types quite a bit. War, Tempest, and Forge clerics are very front-line melee.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

T
Banned
Banned
T
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Now I understand you are sad not every class, subclass, race, specialized build including also all kind of Wizard builds and Cleric domains of every class from PHB 5th edition will be availabe at release. I am sorry you have to adapt to that fact. Every class including to come Barbarian, Bard, Monk, Paladin and Sorceror from PHB I am pretty sure they will include though at full release. I understand it can be hard to hear the truth. Perhaps also every race from PHB will be available at full release, but that remains to be seen.

Well and yes I do hope my Tempus domain will be released for Cleric and the Tempus cool deity in the game!

Well and I love Vikings Tv series a tribute to the best Woman Warrior in that TV series. VIkings are my ancestors:

Last edited by Terminator2020; 21/07/21 10:20 PM.
old hand
old hand
The thing is, ultimately this argument is Larian claimed they'll do it, and you are claiming they will not.
It is possible they'll change their mind but very very unlikely.
Everytime they said if they'll add stuff they said the PHB first, though notably Swen said they are holding back some stuff from EA so the final release feels even more substantial.
I have every confidence they'll implement all 40 subclasses of the PHB, they have the team and resources. And I am confident they'll implement every subrace. To not do that would border on false advertising AND would be quite disappointing considering they have the team, resources, and time to translate way more than just the PHB to BG3.

Last edited by CJMPinger; 22/07/21 03:25 AM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Yeah, I trust Larian over some random opinionated dude on the Internet. Sorry.

addict
addict
The thing is, ultimately this argument is Larian claimed they'll do it, and you are claiming they will not.
Please, bring the proof of Larian claiming that.

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Zellin

I can vouch for him. Larian (Swen) said this verbally at the beginning of launch for the game that, at minimum, all of PHB classes and subclasses would be in the game.

I am pretty sure it is on VOD during one of their early streams for BG3.

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Tempest Cleric and Storm Sorcerer please

S
addict
addict
S

It doesn't really matter to me. I would rather prefer a balanced approach giving each class generally the same amount of options with regards to subclasses. Clerics have 7 subclasses/domains in PHB, Wizards have 8 subclasses/schools, while most others have 3 I believe. Implementing the more popular PHB choices for Clerics and Wizards, while adding the more popular non-PHB choices in addition to the PHB for the other classes, would be a better usage of finite resources in my opinion.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Now I understand you are sad not every class, subclass, race, specialized build including also all kind of Wizard builds and Cleric domains of every class from PHB 5th edition will be availabe at release.
Actualy i was looking forward for your (and anyone else really) explanation for at least one reason ...
That is why i asked: "Why it would be not realistic?" ... yet you decide to ignore that question and instead just stated that your opinion is a fact, more solid then word from the actual leader of actual development. O_o

I am sorry you have to adapt to that fact.
No i am sorry, but you will have to adapt to that fact, that just bcs you believe something, it dont makes it fact. laugh

Originally Posted by Zellin
Will this link be sufficient? smile https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/fhq9cq/compiled_baldurs_gate_ama_20200313/
I shall quote few interesting questions and answers, but feel free to read it whole ... its quite interesting imho. smile wink

There have been hints of other 5e sources being implemented into the game. Are you going to include material from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, and/or other player materials outside of the core material of the 5e Player's Handbook? Additionally, at full release, will all content of the PHB be represented (notably, (sub)classes and (sub)races)?

Swen: HB/MM/DMG are the base we are starting from but we are taking material from other books too.
At full release, will all of the PHB classes and races be represented?

Adam: At launch we’re planning to include all classes from Player’s Handbook. We’re only talking about the races announced during the gameplay presentation for now.
Will all 5e Classes be available at launch?

NickP: Yes, all classes from 5e Player’s Handbook will be included at launch. In Early Access you’ll be able to play as a Cleric, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock or Wizard.

Does that include paths, subclasses, etc?

NickP: Yep.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 22/07/21 09:19 AM.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard