Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
dearest larian,

the entry in the monster manual says spectators hate each other more than anything.
on page 30 "Like any beholder, a spectator views itself as the epitome of its kind, and it has an intense hatred for other spectators. if two spectators encounter each other they almost always fight to the death."
that explains why i come across a bottle with a spectator in it, i thought.
i can just hope over the railing at the fort, waltz over to the petrified drows, pop the top, and surely i'm so clever and the spectators will fight to the death and then i can pick off the injured survivor. and then i can talk to the drows i helped free.

no. none of this came to pass.

so why not?

all my love,
sweetish

Ahh, theres allways another clever way to do things. Or a funny one.
Might be that nobody thought about it yet. Its so rarely a thing someone does.
So maybe not worth all the Programming to make that happen what you did and expected to come out of it.
But we dont know.

What are those Drows anyway doing there Story wise?
Also theres the easter -egg of the mention of House Harkonnen from "DUNE". So maybe its just that.
A place for loot and no other connection to other aspects/events of game.
Its the Underdark and Drows are a part of that.
This place might just showing off how dangerous the Underdark is and what kind of affairs Drow have to handle with.
Maybe thats all to it there is.

Last edited by TheHero; 22/07/21 12:59 PM.
addict
addict
This is a really good point about Spectator Beholders - because people point out that they are Lawful Neutral and they are usually civilized. However, if they have endured long Isolation and/or they no longer are charged with guarding anything and are free they often go quite mad which explains why they are immediately hostile.

But the intense hatred of others of their kind is good info - in that way they are similar to True Beholders.

Blackheifer

Link Copied to Clipboard