Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hello Everyone!

It's been a few days since we released Patch 5 into the world and it's been awesome to see so many of you jumping back into the game to experience the latest changes! Be sure to check out our Community Update video for all the details of Patch 5’s changes if you haven’t already:

In today's hotfix we've addressed some crashing issues, fixed an issue with disappearing UI when long resting in multiplayer and we've addressed some issues with tooltips, along with a bunch of other fixes.

We want to thank each and every one of you who has taken the time to post your thoughts or issues here on our Forums, on Reddit, our Discord, Steam page or sent to us on our social media pages. Even if you're just uploading crash reports or simply playing the game, all of this helps us pinpoint issues so we can get them fixed as soon as possible for you.

Thanks for being with us on this journey!

Changelist:

Bug fixes:

• Fixed a rare crash related to loading save games during multiplayer.
  • Fixed a rare crash when loading a save game made during combat with the Gnolls.
  • Fixed a crash when speaking to a certain Mossy Myconid.
  • Fixed a crash related to files containing partial UTF8 characters.
  • Fixed a crash related to tooltips.
  • Fixed a crash related to saving when someone is casting a spell.
  • Fixed an issue with attacks against beasts and monsters not being treated as a crime.
  • Fixed an issue with disappearing UI when long resting in multiplayer.
  • Fixed an issue with Shadowheart's Artefact not appearing in a certain cinematic.
  • Fixed an issue with several goblins that could not be spoken to.
  • Fixed being unable to pin tooltips for containers.
  • Fixed an overlap in SFX on the Active Roll UI.
  • Fixed the incorrect unsummon animation playing.
  • Fixed flickering black materials in the Whispering Depths.
  • Fixed the player avatar being able to move before they finish getting up in Tutorial.
  • Fixed a rare issue causing giant tooltips to appear.
  • Fixed missing data causing certain crashes.

Stadia-specific:

• Fixed being unable to open the On-screen Keyboard when renaming a Session lobby.
  • Fixed the incorrect prompt appearing when the player receives a reward item.

Last edited by Jess Larian; 23/07/21 08:48 PM.
addict
addict
Thank you for your work! ^^

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
G
stranger
stranger
G
thank you jess, any update on the narrator voice slider? it was removed in patch 5 for seemingly no reason. i used it quite regularly because i find the narrator difficult to hear but the other voices are generally fine for me. strange to see an accessibility option such as that one removed. is there any reasoning behind this?

all the best

addict
addict
Alas doesn't fix the Vulkan crash issue for me, but then it never claimed to! lol.

B
B
Thanks Jess! It wasn't mentioned specifically but I assume savegames created since patch 5 are still compatible with this hotfix?

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by Bomor
Thanks Jess! It wasn't mentioned specifically but I assume savegames created since patch 5 are still compatible with this hotfix?

Yes indeed, savegames made since starting Patch 5 should be unaffected.

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one!
Hope the next one addresses the Vulkan crashing.

veteran
veteran
Looks like Barrelmancy has been nerfed even further with this recent Hotfix. Nautaloid Tanks can now no longer be picked up. If you have one in inventory in an existing save and drop it you will not be able to move it again.

They will still explode if you shoot fire at them.

Also it looks like the rules about what you can pick up/interact with has been tightened up.

At 14 STR I can target and move/pick up a Smokepowder barrel which is 26kg, but I am unable to move or even 'target' a 40kg Firewine Barrel (Maybe, still testing this)

These are initial Impressions but this is a SERIOUS and very WELCOME change.

More testing is needed.

What I don't understand is why none of this is in the Patch Notes. This is a good thing and should be celebrated.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 22/07/21 08:11 PM.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
One new bug that wasn't fixed is the weird behavior where characters start to run away scared as you approach. I think it's related to druid shapeshifting, but it seems clear this is not working as intended and activating some weird flag.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
K
stranger
stranger
K
Okay, I got the hotfix and tried to play maybe less than 5 minutes then a windows blue screen was triggered frown. Never happens before. OS is up to date. I'll try to upgrade my nvidia pilotes and try again.

B
B
Originally Posted by Kowabonga
Okay, I got the hotfix and tried to play maybe less than 5 minutes then a windows blue screen was triggered frown. Never happens before. OS is up to date. I'll try to upgrade my nvidia pilotes and try again.

Not sure if this is feasible with your current internet plan/connection speed but have you considered doing a clean install of the game? I always do this when a new patch (not hotfix) is released and while I can't vouch that this solves all problems, I haven't experienced any crash so far (RX 480, latest WHQL drivers).

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Bomor

Not sure if this is feasible with your current internet plan/connection speed but have you considered doing a clean install of the game? I always do this when a new patch (not hotfix) is released and while I can't vouch that this solves all problems, I haven't experienced any crash so far (RX 480, latest WHQL drivers).

My game is on GOG so I already had to make a clean install to get patch 5 ^^ (And as I used mods, I always did a clean install of the game for every new patch, just in case)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Nautaloid Tanks can now no longer be picked up.
Awww. frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
K
stranger
stranger
K

Okay I played a little and it seems ok for now. Nvidia issue or random bad luck I can't tell but at least all seems to be in order now !

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks for the fix, knowing this is not a priority at the moment but still mentioning it for future fixes/patches: it would be nice to be able to have tooltips in character creation and level-up menus while playing on stadia with controller.
(R3/L3 can't remember, but the button that should give you the tooltip, doesn't do its trick in character creation and level up menus which makes it kinda hard to for those not already fully schooled in either 5e or BG3 menu's inner workings)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tuco
One new bug that wasn't fixed is the weird behavior where characters start to run away scared as you approach. I think it's related to druid shapeshifting, but it seems clear this is not working as intended and activating some weird flag.

Yes, me and my Tiefling Druid definitely hope this gets fixed soon!

stranger
stranger
- With this patch I can't play using Vulkan, only DirectX11. The game is presenting low fps on DX11 that I've never seen while on Vulkan. Last patch crashes only happened while ingame (Vulkan) and now with this hotfix I can't even start the game, it keeps crashing after the patch. I can play with DX11 though, but it is not the same...

- Sometimes humans skins turns black all of a sudden.

- Sometimes some cutscenes and interactions simply don't happen because one of the characters is MIA. This happened to me when I've entered Druid's Grove and, after reloading several times, the cutscene where Zevlor and Aradin wouldn't load because Zevlor's model is not loaded yet. Then the game proceeds as if the cutscene already happened and I do not have interactions with Aradin and his crew. Dunno if this happens in other places, tho.

Oblivion is the fate of all things.
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
Originally Posted by Tuco

Yes, me and my Tiefling Druid definitely hope this gets fixed soon!

We're investigating the issue with Druids and Rangers at the moment!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Jess Larian
We're investigating the issue with Druids and Rangers at the moment!

Thank you so much! <3 You guys are the best!

veteran
veteran
This game really did get 10 times better. Thanks, Larian. Hope the glitches get fixed soon. Honestly, they're annoying only. Nothing real major.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard