Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Might be something wrong with your game. I've never experienced that. When I wake her up on the beach she just joins me.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kerro
I find it amazing no one has noticed the story is now incoherent.
Of course no one noticed. You caught a bug. She's not supposed to be dead after landing, only unconscious. You're not supposed to revive her, just talk to her, and after that the story goes perfectly coherent.

veteran
veteran
I've had her dead on the beach but never had that happen. So far, the only weird dialogue was my character saying to Astarion something about never sleeping in a forest before, but we were in the Dank Crypt mini camp, not the forest. Oh, and Astarion revealed to me stuff about Cazador and being a vamp BEFORE he tried to bite me.

So, glitchy yes. However, I don't think it's game breaking and would need 10 years to fix.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kerro
I find it amazing no one has noticed the story is now incoherent. I saved Shadowheart on the ship and she was actually the one who got us off. Then revived her on the beach where she ran off, then met her at the door as per usual and she had no knowelege of what had transpired before. She then went into some new dialogue only to suddenly returen to the usual. It was all totally incoherent. Sure hope it improves from this. I reckon this one needs about another ten years in development.

No dude, you got a bug, that's all. Just try it again from your beach crash-landing appearance.
For me she was completely nowhere to be found - I reloaded from the quicksave at the crash landing and it all went smoothly from there.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by GM4Him
So far, the only weird dialogue was my character saying to Astarion something about never sleeping in a forest before, but we were in the Dank Crypt mini camp, not the forest.

Yeah that's left over from when your main camp was in the forest. Maybe they'll change the text to something better fitting to each camp?[/quote]

Oh, and Astarion revealed to me stuff about Cazador and being a vamp BEFORE he tried to bite me.

Yeah that keeps happening a lot. Happened in my husband's playthrough, so in mine I made a beeline for the boar so my Astarion scenes were in order. smile

veteran
veteran
😁 Beeline for the boar. I just picture you saying, "No. No. No. Not in MY playthrough."

You know, I do share your love for Astarion, maybe not to the same degree, but he's probably my favorite origin character. It really surprises me because I normally hate the whole vampire thing, but it's his personality. He's the most fun origin character they created.

veteran
veteran
Conversely I was just fooling around a bit today and played the tutorial with a new character again.
I got Shadowheart dead on on the river bank as well (for a legitimate reason this time, since she was downed by the mindflayer before I activate the ship) and if anything I found impressive that the scene ACTUALLY played out differently and acknowledged how she was just resurrected.

Honestly to this day the amount of contextual reactivity is one of the most impressive things about the game and the one areas where I have the least amount of complaints to make.
Maybe some occasional minor nitpicking here and there when the glaring incongruence is really evident, but to be blunt under this metric the game is already far ahead of most of what is available on the market.

Last edited by Tuco; 30/07/21 10:32 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast
😁 Beeline for the boar. I just picture you saying, "No. No. No. Not in MY playthrough."

You know, I do share your love for Astarion, maybe not to the same degree, but he's probably my favorite origin character. It really surprises me because I normally hate the whole vampire thing, but it's his personality. He's the most fun origin character they created.

Yes, I like Astarion much better now than I did at first--like him much better than Gale, actually, who is self-absorbed and pedantic. Gale asks me for something that is quite valuable to me in order to help him with some mysterious malady he refuses to divulge--so basically, I leave him at camp whenever I can. Really lost interest in what happens to Gale--he whines constantly. The whole vampire "Can I drink a bit of your blood?]" thing with Astarion sort of revolted me at first as I found it bizarre and highly suggestive of practices that really turn me off, personally--but I'm surprised because the whole "let me have a little" routine from Astarion doesn't sound *that* horrid and disgusting in light of the fact that it won't turn me into a blood sucker..;) I think that it actually works--sort of...;) Which still surprises me. I actually think I trust Astarion more than Gale, who as I said has become sort of a burden. In the beginning of the game it was the opposite between those two!

The Cambion (?) scene, otoh, I don't know. The scene sticks out like a sore thumb in the EA, but must develop far more in the full game. Also, it's very corny and cliche'--the proverbial devil tempting you, and so on. Nothing original here--which seems sort of odd as the game itself seems very original in its characterizations otherwise. That scene comes and goes--I wanted to say, "Yeah--we'll take it now--heal us all!" just to see what happens--but I didn't. Shadowheart wasn't interested and saw right through the cliche'...and I sort of like Shadowheart and think she's attractive in a "come hither if you dare" sort of sense, but guess I'll have to wait until the full game to discover what the devil's temptations are all about.

It's coming along, though...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard