Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
The most annyoing part of it is when your character is a thieving Druid like mine.
I have to start sneaking a long way offscreen from my target so to not accidently make him move. So thers also this Time consuming fact.

As my Druid is face of party, she does the talking and the Thieving part. Both require NPCs to stand still.
THEY DONT ;(

Ill hope this is only a problem with the "Tag's" on Characters internal descriptions in the Code, how NPCs are reacting to Player Character.
That it s only a fast and easy fix to check up why the problematic "Tag" persists after Shapechanging or even beeing Dead right in front of the NPCs eyes and revived.
I tested it and killed my Druid right before BREM in the Zhent Hideout.
After my PC die, Brem was doing normal again. Not fleeing before a illusionary Animal, whatever he sees wink
But reviving my Druid just spooked him again... ;(
Persistent Curse, i call that.

Last edited by TheHero; 21/07/21 08:52 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Just reached the Mycoid Camp.
Same here. All Mycoids and their Mycoidslaved Duergar get spooked by my Druid.
Thulla, the Deepgnome, Dwarventrader and Bugbearmage are running away as well.

This needs to be fixed. frown
Or is there a way to fiddle with a CFG file so i can do it myself and remove such "Tags" which make NPCs get spooked?

Last edited by TheHero; 22/07/21 11:32 AM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
I'm having the same problem on PC. I've found a temporary fix, if you can corner the character you are trying to talk to they wont be able to run far enough away to break dialogue. It isn't a true fix but it should help till the bug is patched out.

Last edited by ProfessorSpace; 23/07/21 01:55 AM.
#782416 23/07/21 06:43 AM
I
stranger
stranger
I
All the NPCs keep running away from me whenever I try to interact with them, I literally can't talk to them or hand in quests in general because I'm chasing them all over the map. I really don't know what happened with the latest patch because I've been experiencing a plethora of issues that I didn't experience in previous patches. This is beyond annoying and I don't know what to do about it because the hotfix that came out literally didn't address anything with the NPCs running away other than the crashes. Considering I've only experienced crashing twice in 20+hours of gaming I would much rather have my game crash multiple time than having to deal with the NPC issue.

enthusiast
enthusiast
This Problem seems to happen with Druids WildShaping or Rangers Animal Companions.
You cant do nothing about it so far.
Workaround:
If you want to talk to ppl, let your character stay far away and let the talking be done mostly with Shadowheart, because shes got the most relevant skills for talking options. High Charisma/Wisdom f.e. with relevant skills.

Im having the same problem and its especially frustrating because my Character is made to be the face of the party and the Thief too.
As Druid (Seldarine Drow, Lev.4 ) 18 DEX, 16 Wisdom, 10 Str, 10 Con, 8 int (Headband of 18 Int), Charisma 14

I constantly have to bypass all the possibilities of beeing a Drow in conversation which has so many nice options as beeing percieved firstly as an evil type, but i am not as seldarine.
So my character is jsut useless mostly in high populated areas when NPCs running away.
Even important ones are having a problem wit my character, seeing in me somekind of creature.
Its like they know i can shapeshift and see me all time as a critter of some kind even when jsut beeing in my true form as Drow.

Several threads have been opend about this problem so far.
You might try to restart a new character which isnt able to shapeshift or has animal companions.

Im not sure about what happens when you can cast up a Familiar.
Also i couldnt test yet, if its possible to have an illusion spell, like the one Shadowheart has, to let yourself beeing percieved as any other race.
Maybe with that spell you can OVERRIDE the Bug wich makes spooked NPCs running away.
You might try to find a way test that.
Or simply wait for a Patch 5 Hotfix

Last edited by TheHero; 23/07/21 08:48 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ProfessorSpace
I'm having the same problem on PC. I've found a temporary fix, if you can corner the character you are trying to talk to they wont be able to run far enough away to break dialogue. It isn't a true fix but it should help till the bug is patched out.
Thank you, found that out too, but it is tedious task to make that happen all time.
Any friendly area where you have to talk to get new quests or information has to be preppd before you do the talk.
Using Containers or your party to corner the NPCs. Anything you can find to make that happen.

Last edited by TheHero; 23/07/21 09:08 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
The problem is still around with the last hotfix, unfortunately. Friendly NPCs in the druid grove, the blighted village (the persuaded goblins) and the ruined temple all keep running away at the sight of the druid PC.

Last edited by Brainer; 23/07/21 12:08 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Brainer
The problem is still around with the last hotfix, unfortunately. Friendly NPCs in the druid grove, the blighted village (the persuaded goblins) and the ruined temple all keep running away at the sight of the druid PC.
yep, same for me (although only tested in druid grove), I have to leave my druid out of the way and use the rest of the party to interact.

I was hopping the hotfix would fix it :'(

journeyman
journeyman
The wild shape bug broke my second walkthrough attempt as a lunar druid, rendering the still quite buggy first chapter unplayable. I noticed The NPCs started fleeing only after I'd mopped up the cult leaders at the temple. I'd just gained access to the level 4 shapeshifting abilities, so maybe not all shapeshifting forms cause the bug. Up until that point the shifting didn't seem to cause many problems, maybe apart from the fact that the badger form seemed to once just break stuff around it and aggro the druids just by moving around in the druid sanctuary.

Well, at least the ending of this playthrough was sort of interesting with all the NPCs fleeing my character that they kept referring to "that beast" during the congratulatory party scene. And of course Shadowheart was stuck midair climbing an imaginary ladder. Once everyone else had retired to bed, the whole game seemed to be stuck with her, until she mercifully died during the night by falling through the landscape and rematerializing as a corpse in a pool of blood at her usual standing location.

The promise of being led to death is reason enough to follow.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Another help is hitting spacebar for turnbased, to have a chance talking to NPCs when they try to run away.

stranger
stranger
A rather funny bug: when my ranger brought his wolf companion into the Goblin Camp every goblin, including Volo started to run in a panic without attacking. Couldn't interact with any.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Hi.

I was recently playing a campaign on Patch 6 with my girlfriend and a couple other friends. My girlfriend was the druid.

She switched to Spider Form at one point, and even after switching back to human or another form, NPCs always run away from her as if she was a beast still.

We've tried killing her, we've tried knocking her out, we've tried reloading... The save is just screwed, basically. She cannot enter settlements or towns with civilized NPCs. It's very frustrating.

This has been reported numerous times on Reddit, but a Search here did not turn anything up.

It even seems to apply to some NPC druids, namely Halsin, as this Reddit thread shows: https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/onmzob/halsin_doesnt_deserve_this_kind_of_treatment/

Another report: https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/opcjir/npcs_running_away_from_me/

I hope a swift fix can be rolled out for this, and I hope Larian is aware of it.

Last edited by polycount; 26/07/21 10:39 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by polycount
Hi.

I was recently playing a campaign on Patch 6 with my girlfriend and a couple other friends. My girlfriend was the druid.

She switched to Spider Form at one point, and even after switching back to human or another form, NPCs always run away from her as if she was a beast still.

We've tried killing her, we've tried knocking her out, we've tried reloading... The save is just screwed, basically. She cannot enter settlements or towns with civilized NPCs. It's very frustrating.

This has been reported numerous times on Reddit, but a Search here did not turn anything up.

It even seems to apply to some NPC druids, namely Halsin, as this Reddit thread shows: https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/onmzob/halsin_doesnt_deserve_this_kind_of_treatment/

Another report: https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/opcjir/npcs_running_away_from_me/

I hope a swift fix can be rolled out for this, and I hope Larian is aware of it.

Jess Larian posted in this thread on the 17th that the issue has been forwarded to the development team. There were multiple threads about the issue that were combined into this one.

I'm hoping when they patch it that it fixes any saved games. But just in case it doesn't, I'm not playing my druid anymore. Don't want to put in a lot of time and have to start over.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by David12183
Originally Posted by polycount
Hi.

Jess Larian posted in this thread on the 17th that the issue has been forwarded to the development team. There were multiple threads about the issue that were combined into this one.

I'm hoping when they patch it that it fixes any saved games. But just in case it doesn't, I'm not playing my druid anymore. Don't want to put in a lot of time and have to start over.
Great, thanks for the information!

#784796 02/08/21 04:05 PM
veteran
veteran
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this soon. Any time I have animals out or turn into an animal using wild shape, every character in the game freaks out. I have my Ranger's Wolf out or my wizard's familiar and I can't get characters to talk to me or anything. I entered the goblin camp, and even Volo ran for cover because he was afraid of my animals. It's ridiculous and very frustrating. Makes me not want to use animals or familiars at all.

PLEASE fix it soon.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I think this has been fixed as of the hotfix yesterday.

"Fixed broken NPC behavior when saving while NPCs are reacting to your Wild Shape."

We'll see.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard