Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
kingsc #781371 18/07/21 06:22 PM
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I found it allways so far ...
The worse is that they cannot be splitted, so if you store more then ... lets say 5(guessing the number) ... your supplies are unusable forever. :-/

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
I was able to split my supplies, at first in my inventory I couldnt but after storing them at camp I was able to split them. No problem with that so far! Also You can split when you pick what food you wanna use for camp. Oh and the game automatically split a stack of apples for me to have proper amount of supplies when I selected autopick!

kingsc #781745 20/07/21 10:03 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
The most simple solution would be to have a Food Container automaticly by magic means sending all the food we pick up at any given time to the camp.
Or better just handle those food items outside of the itemmanagmentressource as like items which never ever be seen in the inventory, only when we filtered direectly for it.
Also at current version the campfoodmanager can not see food in other containers. At least it is in my game atm like that.

Theres a lot of good tools in World of Warcraft for item managment. Maybe suggesting to check some up and replicate the best managment ideas.
Its not that thers a patent on everything, and making things better on the base of older ideas is something humankind is allways striving to do.
So go on and make it so smile

Niara #781892 20/07/21 11:08 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Niara
I'd like it if the items remained individual, and varied, BUT, I think they should automatically be sent to an independent, isolated camp stash that contains your camping supplies; no mess, no fuss, no time on inventory management... however, when you camp, it brings up the food stash for you to select your camping value from.

I favour this idea since it allows the flavour of different food items to remain, at relatively little click and time cost... and it also leaves open the *possibility* of them putting in a little cooking mini game on the side, to give you minor buffs based on making specific camp meals with things as part of your selection ^.^

I want a "special" garlic based dish, for when Astarion annoys me....

Last edited by Anfindel; 20/07/21 11:11 PM.
kingsc #781919 21/07/21 03:21 AM
K
kingsc Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Yeah I'm down for whatever... for a start just let us spend resources from the stash and not have to drag it out from the stash to use it and I'll be happy. Even better, someone mentioned treating them like ephemeral resources like coin and that would be pretty cool - like I pick up an apple, ok - that adds 5 "units" of camp supplies... and then the 40 I need to spend is taken out of the invisible "units" of camp resources I have. There's a fine line where too much realism gets tedious and I don't want to feel I left my day at work to go to my second job. xD I know I'm exaggerating a bit here but you get the drift. smile

Last edited by kingsc; 21/07/21 03:25 AM.
K
kingsc Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
The worse is that they cannot be splitted, so if you store more then ... lets say 5(guessing the number) ... your supplies are unusable forever. :-/

Yes - this is my biggest problem with the system... if you send all your packs to camp, eventually I imagine you could run into a situation where no one in your party is strong enough to lift the stack out to split it. That's broken.

K
kingsc Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Originally Posted by Kryldost
I was able to split my supplies, at first in my inventory I couldnt but after storing them at camp I was able to split them. No problem with that so far! Also You can split when you pick what food you wanna use for camp. Oh and the game automatically split a stack of apples for me to have proper amount of supplies when I selected autopick!

Yeah but it only looks at the inventory on your party - not what's in the stash.

kingsc #781931 21/07/21 05:06 AM
Ah yea, forgot to quote the previous answer, it was a response to ragnarok! I want containers or a reserved stash to be used as well.

S
S
Why not just preventing the player from having long rest as long as the area is not safe aka enemies nearby?

OR

Just add checkpoints where long rest option is available

Problem solved...

Otherwise, for example, why would I chose fighter over paladin for the fact that I never run out of smites ever so long as there is endless long rest as it is in the game now?

Resting is a core gameplay economy mechanics in DnD and BG3 completely ignores it. The problem is their homebrew rules of it does not help the game improve over existing mechanics.

Last edited by sinogy; 22/07/21 11:33 AM.
kingsc #782320 22/07/21 07:39 PM
journeyman
journeyman
I can agree that long rests do need the element of surprise attacks if resting in hostile and dangerous territories, or long rests need to be only allowed in safe zones (designated areas).

Along with, there is too many camping supplies to begin with. I felt like you would never have an issue doing long rests as you get so many supplies. Either up the amount needed or lower the amount found, then have players spend gold to spend on supplies if they run low. So, now it becomes a management of gold resources to found and needed resources. This will become more interesting once players can begin adventuring into very large territories that have no way to replenish supplies as you need to bring them along. Then, you can begin to possibly add a Skill Check to hunt new resources for those long duration adventures or trying to save gold.

And, I completely agree, if we are going to keep the "Send to Camp", then there is no reason why the camping supplies screen should need them on your character. That is just a random, needless step that adds no new mechanics to the game.

But, if we lose the "Send to Camp", it can be argued if you need them on you to rest or not. Honestly, I would be inclined to either do:

- No free "Send to Camp" and still have a stash that the Camping Window always pulls from the stash (so when you return to camp, you can just stash them).
- "Send to Camp" exists to make management of food easier, but Camping Window always pulls from stash.

Based on this, I think there is no reason why you need them on your character to perform a long rest. Always allow to pull from the stash.

Zyllos #782327 22/07/21 07:56 PM
K
kingsc Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Regarding random fights when resting, I think that was in the original BG IIRC. Man that sucked when you were already camping due to grievous injuries xD

kingsc #782536 23/07/21 04:40 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by kingsc
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

Yes - this is my biggest problem with the system... if you send all your packs to camp, eventually I imagine you could run into a situation where no one in your party is strong enough to lift the stack out to split it. That's broken.

Maybe Hotfix 12 fixed this, but I can split the supplies. I sent everything to camp, opened the chest at camp, opened my inventory, held the Shift key, dragged the camping supplies to inventory, and it split them.

This means, all you have to do is send all camp supplies to camp instead of lugging them around.

GM4Him #783148 26/07/21 05:30 AM
K
kingsc Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Welp... what I feared happened. Had a stack of 11. Couldn't figure out how to split em.. ended up dropping them on the ground and none of my characters could pick them up to either split or put back in camp storage. In my anger I attacked the stack, and in one hit they were all gone.

THis is stupid. Not playing this again until they do something about it.

kingsc #783149 26/07/21 06:20 AM
addict
addict
I don’t know if it goes over 40 as a requirement but from I can see so far there is way to much food available - they need to trim it by about 50% at least or not if 40 becomes a lot more as you level.
Just an observation from my patch 5 play through so far - I like the actual concept though.

Last edited by Tarorn; 26/07/21 06:21 AM.
Zyllos #783299 26/07/21 08:25 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Zyllos
I can agree that long rests do need the element of surprise attacks if resting in hostile and dangerous territories, or long rests need to be only allowed in safe zones (designated areas).

Along with, there is too many camping supplies to begin with. I felt like you would never have an issue doing long rests as you get so many supplies. Either up the amount needed or lower the amount found, then have players spend gold to spend on supplies if they run low. So, now it becomes a management of gold resources to found and needed resources. This will become more interesting once players can begin adventuring into very large territories that have no way to replenish supplies as you need to bring them along. Then, you can begin to possibly add a Skill Check to hunt new resources for those long duration adventures or trying to save gold.

And, I completely agree, if we are going to keep the "Send to Camp", then there is no reason why the camping supplies screen should need them on your character. That is just a random, needless step that adds no new mechanics to the game.

But, if we lose the "Send to Camp", it can be argued if you need them on you to rest or not. Honestly, I would be inclined to either do:

- No free "Send to Camp" and still have a stash that the Camping Window always pulls from the stash (so when you return to camp, you can just stash them).
- "Send to Camp" exists to make management of food easier, but Camping Window always pulls from stash.

Based on this, I think there is no reason why you need them on your character to perform a long rest. Always allow to pull from the stash.
Yeah well while I agree , I would not do that on act 1 but at a later stage as part of both 'a difficulty increase' as well as something that strengthen the ambiance of a venture into a desolated area , the world in bg3 does not seem to be short on those.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard