Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#782619 23/07/21 08:42 PM
G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
What races would you like to be able to play that are not there already?

For myself, half-orcs.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
A party of four tortle monks, let's make it happen!

old hand
old hand
Pretty sure there has been multiple posts on this, but ya, changeling (don't think they made it to forgotten realms lore if not Gensai & Eladrin).

Last edited by fallenj; 23/07/21 09:11 PM.
I
old hand
old hand
I
I still wonder what art style Larian will use for Dragonborn if they implement them.

T
addict
addict
T
Want to see?

Yuan-ti pureblood, though I'm not satisfied with the official stats. (I'd replace Magic Resistance with advantage vs Charm and Frighten effects, do the innate spells as the serpent friendship thing and then a cantrip and level 3 power based on subrace related to one of the big-four snake gods: Sseth, Merrshaulk, Zehir, Dendar... so less power, more flavor)

I don't expect to see that though.

What I think we should see?

Githzerai.

And I also want to see half-orc.

veteran
veteran
I want Salarians they are super dope. Krogan too

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by fallenj
Pretty sure there has been multiple posts on this, but ya, changeling (don't think they made it to forgotten realms lore if not Gensai & Eladrin).

Genasi are a big part Mulhurond lore. I believe, since the djinn ruled the place for a long while. Changelings and Eladrin can reasonably show up anywhere, really.

P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
WoTC did 5e Genasi dirty by only publishing them in the Elemental Evil players compendium, which is a free pdf that was put out on their site around the same time as Princes of the Apocalypse. And even then, they only did the primal Genasi, and spent the barest minimum of time talking about history. Calimshan has a lot of air and fire Genasi, because of the land historically being ruled by djinn and efreeti lords.

Genasi can actually show up nearly anywhere, wherever planar energy from the elemental planes congregates or pierces through to the material, but you would be forgiven for not knowing that considering how WoTC forgets that they even exist.

Last edited by Piff; 24/07/21 01:56 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I would like to see adapted monster races like Yuan-ti, Mindflayers, Vampires, Orcs, etc.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Gideon Stargrave
What races would you like to be able to play that are not there already?

For myself, half-orcs.
I'm really attached to the PHB races (Half-orc & Dragonborn) and how my table has homebrewed Kenku.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Thrythlind

Genasi are a big part Mulhurond lore. I believe, since the djinn ruled the place for a long while. Changelings and Eladrin can reasonably show up anywhere, really.

No clue, just remember Gensai being in 3.0 forgotten realms campaign guide.

I actually own the forgotten realms campaign guide and players guide for 4e, list of races that made it.

Drow was introduced for 4e
Gensai was introduced for 4e

following were marked as common races, being a major forces for FR:

Dragonborn
Dwarves
Eladrin
Elves
Half-Elves
Halflings
Humans
Tieflings

Then supporting races, which was just claimed as the other races

Gnomes
Goblins
Lycanthropes and Shifters
Half-Orcs and Orcs
Devas (Which if I remember correctly are just aasimar)
Goliths
Shades

This is where I'm getting Eladrin for FR, I know they got a make over in 5e but since they were introduced in 4e I'm presuming they are still their. Now, warforged and changelings as far as I know didn't make it over, but I don't have 5e stuff or read any books.

Seeing a changeling race though, that would be pretty epic, probably more than seeing a donkey.

Last edited by fallenj; 24/07/21 05:38 AM.
P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
This is where I'm getting Eladrin for FR, I know they got a make over in 5e but since they were introduced in 4e I'm presuming they are still their. Now, warforged and changelings as far as I know didn't make it over, but I don't have 5e stuff or read any books.

Seeing a changeling race though, that would be pretty epic, probably more than seeing a donkey.

Eladrin race block was published in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, as a subrace of Elf, so they are a little rarer, but they are absolutely a thing for 5e, and because the Tief subraces that BG3 uses also come from Mordy's, clearly someone at larian knows that book exists, so hopefully we'll get Eladrin too.

Warforged and Changelings have both been redone for 5e and were published in Eberron: Rising From the Last War (although personally i prefer the unearthed arcana version of warforged). It's important to note that because they were published for Eberron doesn't mean that they are also in the Forgotten Realms, BUT far too many people I know (myself included) like to casually cross over Eberron and FR all the time.

I have a feeling that they won't show up in BG3 unless someone mods it in though.

veteran
veteran
Well, all of them ofcourse. laugh
The more, the better. :P

But if question would be wich single race you want to see in Early Acess ...
I would have to decide between Dragonborn, wich i just really wants to see, bcs i believe that if they will be something like those lizzard things from DoS, it might pretty quickly end with disaster. laugh And i believe in this particular situation, Larian REALLY SHOULD concider showing us their work, and be prepared to change it at least little bit. :-/
And between Gnomes, wich i just adore, love, and want to play as soon as possible. ^_^

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
journeyman
journeyman
Warforged. So much roleplaying potential. And unique in a genre used to elves and dwarfs.

T
addict
addict
T
As a note, when you click to show all skin tones you can find:

efreeti, marid, dao, djinn, dryad, and vampire skin tones... so if they did do genasi and dhampir they'd be all set for color palettes. I've also used "dryad tone" when designing a portrait for a TTRPG character of the yuan-ti race since it gives a nice good green undertone to the browns.

Shadar-Kai, Goliath, and Tabaxi I would like to see.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I would have to decide between Dragonborn, wich i just really wants to see, bcs i believe that if they will be something like those lizzard things from DoS, it might pretty quickly end with disaster. laugh And i believe in this particular situation, Larian REALLY SHOULD concider showing us their work, and be prepared to change it at least little bit. :-/
Not sure what you are even talking about, given that the lizardmen were probably the best looking models in DOS 2.

Of course, they aren't "dragonborns" so their model couldn't be just recycled, but to imply there was something wrong with them or that their aesthetic suggests Larian is not up to the task is questionable at best.

Also, Jesus Christ, consider setting up a spell checker in your browser.
It's "consider" not "concider".

Last edited by Tuco; 27/07/21 06:58 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 27/07/21 08:40 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Not sure what you are even talking about, given that the lizardmen were probably the best looking models in DOS 2.

Of course, they aren't "dragonborns" so their model couldn't be just recycled, but to imply there was something wrong with them or that their aesthetic suggests Larian is not up to the task is questionable at best.

Also, Jesus Christ, consider setting up a spell checker in your browser.
It's "consider" not "concider".

Not sure if it can't be used as basis for dragonborn as the "new" ones seem to have tails.
The heads though need to be remade though as dragonborn heads (now) resemble actual dragons a lot which is very far from how lizards in DOS look.

veteran
veteran
Well, I'm not really trying to encourage the idea of recycling them, anyway. That wasn't my point, as much as the fact that questioning their quality seems a bit bizarre, given that they were some of the best models in DOS 2, both in details and animations.
If anything the humans were the hideous ones.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard