Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
stranger
stranger
P
I started a new game on Stadia after Patch 5 was released. Since this hotfix was released, none of my saved games load and tell me I have a glitch.

Please advise...

veteran
veteran
It was in the patch notes. Patch 5, like 4, does not work with previous saves. You have to start all over. That's part of EA I'm afraid. You'll have to get used to that, most likely.

I know. It's a pain. 😔

P
stranger
stranger
P
I have been able to load an older saved game.

Now I cannot scroll, cannot split the party or drag items.

I have problems with moving the camera and the characters 'skin colour often are totally black.

And when trying to move, in this case, an oil barrel, my characters only wanted to attack it and I could not change this. Even if they were able to move it, I cannot drag items so it would have been no use.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by GM4Him
It was in the patch notes. Patch 5, like 4, does not work with previous saves. You have to start all over. That's part of EA I'm afraid. You'll have to get used to that, most likely.

I know. It's a pain. 😔

I am talking about the hotfix. I could not load a patch 5 game since the hotfix. Now I have, it is not working properly. See new message.

On saved games, Jess Larian wrote, 'Yes indeed, savegames made since starting Patch 5 should be unaffected.'

B
B
Originally Posted by pascalsgambit
Originally Posted by GM4Him

I know. It's a pain. 😔

I am talking about the hotfix. I could not load a patch 5 game since the hotfix. Now I have, it is not working properly. See new message.

On saved games, Jess Larian wrote, 'Yes indeed, savegames made since starting Patch 5 should be unaffected.'

"Should be" unaffected, not will 100% guaranteed be unaffected. I have no issues with my savegames after the hotfix so far but I also know that it's EA and things can break at any time. I don't know if patch 5 (without the hotfix) caused a lot of issues for you. If not, you could probably roll back to patch 5 without the hotfix and continue with your old savegames that way. Good luck!

Last edited by Bomor; 24/07/21 06:04 PM.
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
On Stadia all Skins and eye colors turn black. Also characters have a really hard time with ladders and vines in the Bog and Hag's Hut.

B
B
Hmm, just saw that GOG is offering version 4.1.1.1182679 as an update. I haven't seen any patch announcement or info for this version. Does anyone here know more?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Bomor
Hmm, just saw that GOG is offering version 4.1.1.1182679 as an update. I haven't seen any patch announcement or info for this version. Does anyone here know more?
I was asking the same question 2 days ago. That hotfix patch that ends with the number 79 popped up last Friday. Caused me framerate issues on my RTX2080, but after restarting the whole computer, everything was fine. I haven't played it enough to notice any other fixes yet though.

But yes, what exactly is this for? I haven't seen any announcement either, Bomor... nor do I know what it was for. Let's try asking Jess@Larian.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Jess Larian
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hello Everyone!

It's been a few days since we released Patch 5 into the world and it's been awesome to see so many of you jumping back into the game to experience the latest changes! Be sure to check out our Community Update video for all the details of Patch 5’s changes if you haven’t already:

In today's hotfix we've addressed some crashing issues, fixed an issue with disappearing UI when long resting in multiplayer and we've addressed some issues with tooltips, along with a bunch of other fixes.

We want to thank each and every one of you who has taken the time to post your thoughts or issues here on our Forums, on Reddit, our Discord, Steam page or sent to us on our social media pages. Even if you're just uploading crash reports or simply playing the game, all of this helps us pinpoint issues so we can get them fixed as soon as possible for you.

Thanks for being with us on this journey!

Changelist:

Bug fixes:

• Fixed a rare crash related to loading save games during multiplayer.
  • Fixed a rare crash when loading a save game made during combat with the Gnolls.
  • Fixed a crash when speaking to a certain Mossy Myconid.
  • Fixed a crash related to files containing partial UTF8 characters.
  • Fixed a crash related to tooltips.
  • Fixed a crash related to saving when someone is casting a spell.
  • Fixed an issue with attacks against beasts and monsters not being treated as a crime.
  • Fixed an issue with disappearing UI when long resting in multiplayer.
  • Fixed an issue with Shadowheart's Artefact not appearing in a certain cinematic.
  • Fixed an issue with several goblins that could not be spoken to.
  • Fixed being unable to pin tooltips for containers.
  • Fixed an overlap in SFX on the Active Roll UI.
  • Fixed the incorrect unsummon animation playing.
  • Fixed flickering black materials in the Whispering Depths.
  • Fixed the player avatar being able to move before they finish getting up in Tutorial.
  • Fixed a rare issue causing giant tooltips to appear.
  • Fixed missing data causing certain crashes.

Stadia-specific:

• Fixed being unable to open the On-screen Keyboard when renaming a Session lobby.
  • Fixed the incorrect prompt appearing when the player receives a reward item.

Jess, what is hotfix 12 number 4.1.1.1182679? This popped up on my GOG last Friday/Saturday, and updated automatically. Caused me framerate issues on my RTX2080, but after a complete restart of the whole computer, everything was fine. There was no announcement on this hotfix that ends with the number "79", was there? I haven't played much, so I'm not sure what it fixed or what it was for. Can anyone clarify?

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
This was a small fix for the existing hotfix, there was some missing data in the PC Steam and GOG builds that was causing some crashes.

veteran
veteran
This was a small fix for the existing hotfix, there was some missing data in the PC Steam and GOG builds that was causing some crashes.

Did it also fix the Nautaloid tanks to make them targetable again?

Blackheifer
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
The fix for the hotfix was purely adding in data that was missing, no other changes other than what was already listed for Patch 5.

B
B
The fix for the hotfix was purely adding in data that was missing, no other changes other than what was already listed for Patch 5.
Thanks for clarifying, Jess.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thank you for answering, Jess!

B
B
Is anyone else still seeing version # 4.1.1.1182678 in the game after installing patch 4.1.1.1182679 on GOG? Is this intended or a glitch?

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Is anyone else still seeing version # 4.1.1.1182678 in the game after installing patch 4.1.1.1182679 on GOG? Is this intended or a glitch?

That's due to the data we had to fix, shouldn't cause any issues with your gameplay.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Did the hotfix for the hotfix fix the loss of skin and eye color issues?

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Ever since this hotfix came out, my game crashes 100% of the time when I long rest.

B
B

That's due to the data we had to fix, shouldn't cause any issues with your gameplay.
Got it, thanks!

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I find it amazing no one has noticed the story is now incoherent. I saved Shadowheart on the ship and she was actually the one who got us off. Then revived her on the beach where she ran off, then met her at the door as per usual and she had no knowelege of what had transpired before. She then went into some new dialogue only to suddenly returen to the usual. It was all totally incoherent. Sure hope it improves from this. I reckon this one needs about another ten years in development.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard