Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#782888 24/07/21 10:12 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi all! I don't know what everyone's personal experiences are, but I have been playing Dungeons and Dragons for over 20 years, and one thing that I enjoy (and I know that others do as well) is finding and using that perfect set of dice. I'm even the kind of player that has different dice depending on the character that I'm playing. Am I using my smoky black dice for my Rogue? The marbled green dice for my Ranger? The sparkly blue and purple dice for my Wizard? You get the picture. I think that it would be great if there was an option to customize the d20 that is rolled. Make it your own, you know? Maybe you could do selectable skins for the dice. Or you could have a full blown customizer with different patters, colors, and fonts. I know that it seems like an insignificant thing, but a lot of PnP role-players are very finnicky about their dice. I know that I am. It's just one of those things that would add (in my opinion) a little bit of personality to the game.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! Much appreciated.

~Valac

apprentice
apprentice
I don't think it's a priority but... why not!?
I agree that would be cool.

+1

Yeah, not a high priority, but I would say being able to customize the colors of the rolling hud in general would be cool.

addict
addict
*sarcasm on* For the low low price of $1.99 or if you’re lucky, via a celestial platinum holy chest! *sarcam off*

veteran
veteran
This sounds like perfect suggestion for moding comunity. :-/
Not for Larian, sory. :-/

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
journeyman
journeyman
A few options of primary colors, the option of translucency, and a choice of 3 patterns wouldnt be too much. Making the UI is probably the hard part. Is it worth it? Yes it is.

It makes perfect sense to have it. The game has many dice rolls, and all of them would be more fun, cool and personal in this way.

old hand
old hand
The best way would be to give us an RGB or hex menu with colors, and a slider for transparency or even glowing. Though I'd prefer custom dice be handled later in development because it's an aesthetic thing.

veteran
veteran
if only capcom was developing this game

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Balbaroy
I don't think it's a priority but... why not!?
I agree that would be cool.

Originally Posted by dreambled
Yeah, not a high priority, but I would say being able to customize the colors of the rolling hud in general would be cool.

No. You're both wrong. It IS top priority, and if it is not in the game by the next patch, I QUIT!

Haha kidding. I know that it's not high priority. I just figured I was having the thought, so why not throw it out there. There are other things that I'd much rather see before custom dice. Like more subclasses (Assassin), and some more races (Dragonborn). I don't know what they plan on releasing in early access, but I hope we get just a little bit more to play around with.

stranger
stranger
If possible I would love to see this but don't give up time on other stuff. If possible awesome but don't devote resources to it.

old hand
old hand
With the huge dice in your face half the time, ya this would be a good suggestion.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Being able to customize the dice would be fantastic, probably not an EA thing but it would be very nice to see it in the final release or at some point at least. Then if that darn blue dice starts acting up I can swap it out for a gold one, the gold dice never screw up my rolls!

Link Copied to Clipboard