Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
apprentice
apprentice
Anyone know when that hotfix will be released ??

veteran
veteran
when it's ready

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Judging by previous hotfixes sometime next month, a late August date would be my guess.

Last edited by S2PHANE; 22/07/21 12:48 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

1 month waiting until it will be published ?????

Last edited by ste100; 22/07/21 01:49 PM.
veteran
veteran
There is one expression in my country:
Dont ask, if you arent ready for answer you will not like.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
apprentice
apprentice
Cool

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ldo58
After patch 4, Shadowheart was lagging some 30 xp behind the other 3 party members.
Now, I see that in p&tch 5 Gale is also lagging. I noticed it by accident when my character and LAe'zel were ready to advance to level 3 and Shadow and Gale not.
In my case, Shadowheart was also lagging 30 xp behind, as usual, however this time Astarion and Gale were 20 xp ahead of me!

This technically is more serious, as it allows them to level up before they should be able to, normally.

Hmmm... I wonder if it will give them level 5 laugh

addict
addict
Maybe there is something in patch 5 that applies individual XP, like performing actions that trigger the inspiration bonus. I haven't been able to play enough to find out myself, as patch 5 seems to crash rather regularly using Steam's Proton runtime.

B
B
Originally Posted by etonbears
Maybe there is something in patch 5 that applies individual XP, like performing actions that trigger the inspiration bonus. I haven't been able to play enough to find out myself, as patch 5 seems to crash rather regularly using Steam's Proton runtime.

Oh you run the game on Linux? I wasn't even aware that this is possible during EA (stability-wise). I still hope that there will be a native Linux version eventually, given that the Stadia version is essentially Linux-based.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Yes there is. I'm comming to the end of my patch 5 playthrough and everybody on my team has different XP total because of background xp bonuses

Last edited by Gt27mustang; 22/07/21 10:33 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Maybe there is something in patch 5 that applies individual XP, like performing actions that trigger the inspiration bonus.
Looks like, these two were the only ones who got inspired by the time I noticed this.

Last edited by RutgerF; 23/07/21 02:48 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Gt27mustang

Yes there is. I'm comming to the end of my patch 5 playthrough and everybody on my team has different XP total because of background xp bonuses

I find this a bit odd, given that the 2 highest XP"s in my game are equal and the 2 others lag behind with different XP each.
In the case of individual XP bonuses, I would expect one to be higher than all the others. Escept if they would apply XP penalties to players.

journeyman
journeyman
I absolutely love the camping supplies. I thought I was playing a role playing game but it turns out I'm playing a shopping game where the goal is to collect as much food as you can and send it back to camp. This is great! I didn't want to play the third game in the Baldur's Gate series what I really wanted to do was play Fantasy Sim game. In case you can't tell I'm being sarcastic. I know that the most vocal players seem to want more rules and more restrictions on everything but a lot of us who usually keep quiet don't want those things. I wasn't resting all the time anyway but if someone else wants to spam resting what does that matter to everybody else who is playing?

Shaolin Stoner
N
stranger
stranger
N
Hi guys!
I recently bought the game on Steam. And I would like to update my game to patch 5, however it doesn't seem in the beta updates, would anyone know why?

Last edited by Neblus; 25/07/21 10:13 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Neblus
Hi guys!
I recently bought the game on Steam. And I would like to update my game to patch 5, however it doesn't seem in the beta updates, would anyone know why?
If you have just bought the game, you surely are in the lastest version, you can check it in the luncher or in the game itself, if should be 4.1.1.1182678 (this is a hotfix after patch 5)

Selecting the beta in steam is useful if you want to try a previous patch (because you have an old save) as far as I know, that's why the current version doesn't appear there.

Enjoy!

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hi, fellow Larianettes,
I've been applying the patches from day 1 and until #5, found them all to be significant improvements. However, I am finding the UI to be laggy with #5. For example, click on a point for my character to move to and it hesitates, then starts moving slowly then as it approaches the destination, speeds up a bit then stops. This behavior is consistent as I move around the world.

My system hardware has not changed and the only other updates have been from Microsoft. My NVidia drivers are up to date. I've made no tweaks to BG settings or launch parameters (ever) and run with DirectX.
If there's a link to things I should try, please share.
Thank you,
Bob

enthusiast
enthusiast
Seems you can't please some people. As for the size, I didn't think it was all that big of a patch for the fixes and such that we got It only took me 12 minutes to download the full patch. Now I just hope that one of the things for which was fixed was the feats. For example the +1 you get when you choose the Dual Wielder feat. Although I've read that they raised it to +2 if it actually works this time around. Also, some of the bonuses on weapons were broken. Been a while since I've played the game and now that this patch has dropped thinking about another run-through. But I'm hesitant due to the fact that they said Patch 6 wouldn't be far behind this one. Any idea of when Patch 6 will be going live? As I don't want to play a week and find out I've got to start all over again.

One other thing are we going to get the chance to reach lever 5 or even 6 in Early Access? Please make it so

Last edited by DragonMaster69; 27/07/21 11:28 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

We have a similar one here in the US it has the same meaning

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

We have a similar one here in the US it has the same meaning

"Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it.".....

enthusiast
enthusiast
SteamDB
Listing "patch5_hf2" since 4 hours now.

So i am happy with the fast reponse within a week of first Hotifx for Patch 5.
Well done, let the Druids never be the spooks again wink

Guess the "patch5_hf2" will be released either for this Weekend or midweek next?

PS:
Funfact.
WENDY account who is posting it on SteamDB, is an account which exist solely for the STEAMDB for 17 years allready and still has
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
37,822 hours of playtime (roughly 4 years)

Last edited by TheHero; 29/07/21 03:19 PM.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard