Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
i am sorry here we have different taste.
Well, I'm not.
Not my problem, really.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Out of BG3 x Solasta x Pathfinder WoTR, Pathfinder is getting nearly all my playtime. And its still in EA.
How about comparing to that game? More classes, more playiable NPCs, party of 6, day/nights, great story, great dialogue, classic yet modern CRPG style (turn base AND Realtime with pause) , a solid D^D 3.75 <Pathfinder> system...
Solasta while has a great D^D system is very easy to criticize for everything else compared to BG3.
Yup, P:WotR and also Black Geyser. Really excited about both these games. smile

Given how incredible P:WotR is with respect to all of both the content and the systems in it, my mind boggles thinking about what Owlcat could do if they had AAA-level money to work with.

Also, yeah, both RTwP and TB combat, and both work perfectly well. I will no longer accept lame and fake excuses from anyone saying you can't have it so in a game. Owlcat has blown their excuses clear out of the water.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
I hate that that they need Somatic for casting spells.

You can turn that off from difficulty settings.

Well and then you are encumbered almost always.

Scavengers loot the map for you. Just leave it on the ground.

enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Curious how BG handles Sorcerers. I like what Solasta did with them, and the small cosmetic changes depending on your Bloodline/Sorcerous Origins was a nice touch.

Evil always finds a way.
T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Originally Posted by <Redacted>
I am sorry here we have different taste. Solasta is to hardcore DnD rules for my taste and very ugly graphics for being new game. I hate that that they need Somatic for casting spells. Well and then you are encumbered almost always.

<Redacted>
I did that now. Gone are the rules of spellcasting except keeping concentration rolls and spellusers need to prepare spells and do not know every spell.

I have not managed to craft anything really unless you count automatic goodberry crafting as stuff.

Well not that it matters so far combat has been extremely easy even easier then BG3. However it could be that I am so early in the game. I have finished first mission and I am 78 exp from level 3.

I did roll the stats but not like a perfectionist rolled until got what I would call good roll does not need to be excellent. Well since I rolled depending on characters some really need to become level 4 and make uneven attributes even.

Last edited by Raze; 14/03/22 11:55 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Solasta is still crap in this way.
- Ugly graphics.
- Forget about movie effects.
- What freedom? Ultra linear.
- Forget the notion of explore.
- Clumsy control feeling. Bullshit that Neverwinter Nigths 1 is more clumsy then this.
- Jump here and there and confusing terrain with different height positions.

Positive:
+ Lets choose between rolling and point buying attributes.
+ Lets choose less hardcore rules example disable need Somatic component for spellcasting.
If BG3 is somewhat to loosely bound on DnD I feel Solasta default was to restricted.
+ Ok music.
+ Story main is somewhat interesting.
+ Camera while not good is not worse then BG3 infamous camera control.

Combat challenge? To early to tell took combat challenge most close to real tabletop and feels very easy, but I am in beginning.
Crafting? I have not crafted anything unless Goodberrys count. Regardless of no crafting items combat feels very easy indeed. Perhaps I have been lucky have not noticed enemy be super lucky with critical attacks.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 27/07/21 02:08 PM.
veteran
veteran
ZZZZZ.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Haven't played either game since the new patches.

I agree with @alice_ashpool that the final part of the game feels incomplete. Guessing in the original plot you were to get each gem for the crown but the devs just ran out of money.

I don't see how anyone can think the combat is less interesting than BG3 combat. The combat is just better ready / dodge / stealth checks . . .

Really hope to see another module for this engine.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Haven't played either game since the new patches.

I agree with @alice_ashpool that the final part of the game feels incomplete. Guessing in the original plot you were to get each gem for the crown but the devs just ran out of money.

I don't see how anyone can think the combat is less interesting than BG3 combat. The combat is just better ready / dodge / stealth checks . . .

Really hope to see another module for this engine.

Apparently they did quite well and they are already planning future stuff, with some vague talk about expanding.
I can't honestly wait to see what they can come up with later with a bigger budget and workforce.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Apparently they did quite well and they are already planning future stuff, with some vague talk about expanding.
I can't honestly wait to see what they can come up with later with a bigger budget and workforce.
Fyi for anyone who's interested, TA is doing a dev stream in ~40 min to "discuss the game, the [latest] update and also talk a bit about the future (a bright one, worry not)."
There almost certainly won't be anything concrete about their next game, but maybe we'll get hints.

veteran
veteran

Agreed. They take care of the ugly graphics problem, hire a good writer and it will become the new Baldur's Gate franchise.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
After awhile I didn't even notice the janky models - I loved the tactical combats with so many options. And reactions. And fly! (althoughthat was a bit flaky). Hopefully they can access the full D&D license next time and they can expand their team to do much more. I must admit that I enjoyed the 1st half of the game more, maybe it became a little too easy once you past that point. Also, the fire forest and volcano regions were a bit lack luster. But even with those minor complaints, I found it a great 5E experience over all.

veteran
veteran
It's pretty interesting to see just how much weight people put in characters being attractive. It would have been curious to see how solasta would have been received had they went with a more fantasy/anime style of character, like https://assetstorev1-prd-cdn.unity3d.com/key-image/d52c6b54-6e67-42ad-9cb4-dabf358471ac.webp which are just from a $60 character pack from the unity store instead of trying to make the characters realistic but ending up looking just off somehow.

I don't mind the character design, but i'd be lying if i said that i wouldn't mind the characters in the link i provided over the ones in solasta right now.

Also, i'd be curious to see how BG3 would have been received had the characters not been as attractive as they are. I know that the entire Astarion fangirl/boy club would not exist.

old hand
old hand
So the Solasta devs are streaming information about what they're planning for the future as we speak.

So far, they've revealed that they're planning a level cap increase to 12, and expanding the dungeon maker to include NPCs, dialogue, and shops.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 27/07/21 04:21 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
It's pretty interesting to see just how much weight people put in characters being attractive.
Not that suprising.
A lot of people, especially that portion of the user base coming from the Bioware fanbase and that claim to "play for the story", see the RPG genre basically as "dating sims with sword and sorcery combat on top", so not-too-fuckable models are somewhat perceived as a capital offense.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Eh don't really care how attractive someone is. Just don't want someone who looks deformed.

Banned
Banned
It's pretty interesting to see just how much weight people put in characters being attractive.
Not that suprising.
A lot of people, especially that portion of the user base coming from the Bioware fanbase and that claim to "play for the story", see the RPG genre basically as "dating sims with sword and sorcery combat on top", so not-too-fuckable models are somewhat perceived as a capital offense.

Let's be real, fuckability is not that important in the great scheme of things. Just look at Lae'zel. An actual frog but because she's into BDSM she's the queen (of cringe) of the subreddit.

veteran
veteran
It's pretty interesting to see just how much weight people put in characters being attractive. It would have been curious to see how solasta would have been received had they went with a more fantasy/anime style of character, like https://assetstorev1-prd-cdn.unity3d.com/key-image/d52c6b54-6e67-42ad-9cb4-dabf358471ac.webp which are just from a $60 character pack from the unity store instead of trying to make the characters realistic but ending up looking just off somehow.

I don't mind the character design, but i'd be lying if i said that i wouldn't mind the characters in the link i provided over the ones in solasta right now.

Also, i'd be curious to see how BG3 would have been received had the characters not been as attractive as they are. I know that the entire Astarion fangirl/boy club would not exist.

Those armors, especially the female, look awful and disgusting. I think, I prefer Solasta style to that, I like my characters dressed.

I really don't get the Astarion hype, but I guess, that have to be the Twilight and True Blood fans (two fandoms that really are not my cup of tea)

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Not that suprising.
Yes true I want nice looking there are Elves, Half Elves and Humans that should look nice. They look awful in Solasta when they talk or you look at them.

Characters look like some wierd dolls and not handsome or attractive. Monsters can look better but really B class graphics in characters! This does disturb immersion a lot! In pen and paper roleplaying you can fantasize when GM does descrbe npc:s.

Look I have nothing against movie where there is no humans. Example the very first IceAge movie was nice. I have nothing against your Puma (big Cat) looking Avatar picture in the forums. However if you have humans and Elves then make then look enough good.

Solasta have so bad looking dolls so sometimes it is hard to say if it is a male or female person if you only look at face. Really bad for being new game. Why have same looking faces for both men and women in Solasta? Bad graphics in Solasta.

BG3 have generally beautiful women and handsome men companions.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 27/07/21 05:11 PM.
veteran
veteran
Terminator, I can't really overstate how much I don't give a shit.

Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard