Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
U
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
Which would you choose? You can only choose one.

Last edited by Ungeweldig; 28/07/21 03:43 PM.
Of the limited choice of three, I'd have to choose Level 5, it would bring the most content into the game.
Not that I'm a proponent of level 5 in EA, but when you put it next to those two...

T
Banned
Banned
T
Well same here I do not want this game in ALPHA have level 5 ever period. In addition I belong to those people that want this game to not be high max level when released.

The thing I would like most for next patch is a new class from PHB so in alphabetic order not yet released: Barbarian, Bard, Monk, Paladin or Sorceror.
In addition I really believe that new class is a very realistic and chances are good for that expectation in next patch and it has been a long time since Druid was released.

However if I must choose between subclass or race to next patch I would go with argh that is difficult to answer, but lets say subclass.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 28/07/21 01:38 PM.
veteran
veteran
None of the above. I want the bard class.

Last edited by fylimar; 28/07/21 03:15 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I mean, between those 3 options, is it even a choice?

veteran
veteran
Given that the thing I'd want the most, generally speaking, is some addition that would make a new playthrough feel at least a bit different, I'd be temped to say "a new class".

And yet, there's this general problem with D&D that many classes before level 5 can barely feel any different from each other. For instance a Paladin, Ranger or Warrior before level 5 would feel pretty much the same to play, bar a couple of once-per-rest abilities.

All things considered, if I was forced to pick ONE of the three I'd probably go for raising the level cap to 5. It would introduce the largest amount of new content in the form of new spells, class abilities, etc.
A new class would come as second option.
A new race as third. Potentially negotiable according to what race we are talking about. Meaning how exotic and different from the current ones it could be.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
It depends ...

Wich subclass? Can we choose? Can we choose multiple? And if ... how many?
Wich race? laugh And will it get futher updates if we will be dissapointed with its design ... or it will just stays the same no matter how many pages will be written about it (ehm, elfs, ehm)
About level 5 ... how many spells will that include? :P Since as far as i know, we dont even have "all spells" for levels 1-4 so far. laugh

Its hard decision. :-/
What if i say that i would like new Subclass ... and i would like to choose Oathbreaker paladin? laugh Is that concidered cheating? laugh
Ok, ok, seriously for a second ... i would say New race, but only if that race would be Dragonborn, and only if Larian will show them to us bcs they would like to know our opinion on their design, and stay ready to adjust them a little. :P

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
T
addict
addict
T
New class, hopefully Monk, Bard, or Paladin.
New race, hopefully Githzerai or Half-Orc

I don't really care about level 5, would be interesting to see level 3 spells or get extra attack, but I'm fine waiting on that for release.

veteran
veteran
Answer D - UI overhaul or Reations overhaul.

Options mentioned by OP are fairly irrelevant to me - all offer content that I know will be coming, and I don't need to try those out before 1.0 drops. I would rather see things we already have get better, like we did in the recent patch.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Wormerine

Options mentioned by OP are fairly irrelevant to me - all offer content that I know will be coming, and I don't need to try those out before 1.0 drops. I would rather see things we already have get better, like we did in the recent patch.

Agree with Wormerine, mechanics and UI updates. Removal of High Ground gives Advantage and implementation of Cover. That is what I would like to see.

Last edited by Zyllos; 28/07/21 03:40 PM.
T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Zyllos

Agree with Wormerine, mechanics and UI updates. Removal of High Ground gives Advantage and implementation of Cover. That is what I would like to see.

I don't mind High Ground, but I'd like to see it moved to an optional game setting.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Thrythlind

I don't mind High Ground, but I'd like to see it moved to an optional game setting.

Just an FYI, High Ground wouldn't be removed. It just doesn't give Advantage, which is a DnD 5E mechanic that is very specific and does something very specific. High Ground can still confer advantage (like +To-Hit/+AC/Dex).

T
addict
addict
T

Just an FYI, High Ground wouldn't be removed. It just doesn't give Advantage, which is a DnD 5E mechanic that is very specific and does something very specific. High Ground can still confer advantage (like +To-Hit/+AC/Dex).

The advantage mechanic was developed specifically to avoid having the modifier stacking that got out of control in 3.X (including Pathfinder), so I'd rather it give advantage than for it add a modifier.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
As a forum thread about BG3 gets longer, the chances of it turning into a discussion about high ground advantage approaches 1.

U
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
Originally Posted by agouzov
As a forum thread about BG3 gets longer, the chances of it turning into a discussion about high ground advantage approaches 1.

High Ground is a big advantage though...

journeyman
journeyman
The advantage mechanic was developed specifically to avoid having the modifier stacking that got out of control in 3.X (including Pathfinder), so I'd rather it give advantage than for it add a modifier.

While that might be true of the Advantage mechanic, I doubt the point of Advantage is to give it out in a very simple mechanic afforded by High Ground now.

Regardless, there is a giant thread about this very subject. Still hope Larian sees the wisdom of why WotC didn't do this with DnD 5E along with their recent changes of removing Backstab for everyone and food no longer heals but instead is a management tool gives me hope that they seem to agree on this same subject.

T
addict
addict
T
Advantage is given out on GM discretion. WotC doesn't exhaustively list each and every situation and there have been D&D streams that do give Advantage for such things. Hence why I suggest putting it in an options setting.

veteran
veteran
Well, thank god it's a computer game and no one needs to keep count on their fingers, then.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
Class for me.

old hand
old hand
Level 5 because that's the hardest thing to mod in and it will force the entire community to approach the game from a new standpoint. I imagine the class mods will continue working through it, like how my Bard mod is still functioning perfectly despite the mod author having made zero adjustments since Patch 3.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard