apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
For me, it's Gale.

Both well-written and well-acted.

Life's better with a Bard.
veteran
veteran
Alfira, I really like her voice (not just the singing). And auntie Ethel, the voice acting is superb.

Last edited by fylimar; 28/07/21 03:15 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Tav. I don't have to spam SPACE BAR.

From companions I think they are all well acted. I find Vampire-dude and gith to be insuffarable twits, but it's not VA's fault.

Shadowheart was surprisingly pleasant in my recent playthrough, and I overall found Gale and Wyll to be mostagreeable.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by fylimar
And auntie Ethel, the voice acting is superb.
Actually yeah, let me pencil in this one as well.

Last edited by Wormerine; 28/07/21 03:16 PM.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I wasn't ready to enjoy Lae'zel's voice and line delivery so much.

"A fine evening, don't you think? The moon shines warmly on us. The wind gently caresses our faces. Hideous, all of it."

Second favorite is probably Minthara. When she speaks, it's just... chills.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
You kidding me?
No one mentioning Abdirak?

That almost orgasmic pleasure in his voice, when he beat your character and you cry for him. :3
I bet recording those lines must have ben incredible fun. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 28/07/21 03:45 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
You kidding me?
No one mentioning Abdirak?

That almost orgasmic pleasure in his voice, when he beat your character and you cry for him. :3
I bet recording those lines must have ben incredible fun. laugh

he's kind of a creeper, in a white-van kind of way lol

The talking skeleton is my favorite since Patch 5. His older voice was fine as well. This whole game is very well done in terms of sound, from the soundtrack to effects and the voice acting completes the circle. Props to Larian but we need more wise characters, everyone is so youthful. Still waiting for a Deckard Cain level of 'holy shit this voice will remain in our memory for a long time.' :P

veteran
veteran
Auntie Ethel, the painter held hostage of the Zhentarim and the Dragon Knight in the Gith patrol are three of my personal highlights among secondary characters.

EDIT: Oh, also the blonde Zhentarim guy defending the chest from the gnolls was SUPERLATIVE as a shady guy with a no-nonsense attitude.
I'd love to pretend there are good chances to see his role expanded in the game, but given that there are already several outcomes about him dying poorly there aren't probably many chances.

Last edited by Tuco; 28/07/21 04:56 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Trix Salamonde
he's kind of a creeper, in a white-van kind of way lol
yup ^_^

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Originally Posted by agouzov
I wasn't ready to enjoy Lae'zel's voice and line delivery so much.

"A fine evening, don't you think? The moon shines warmly on us. The wind gently caresses our faces. Hideous, all of it."

Second favorite is probably Minthara. When she speaks, it's just... chills.

The voice work for Lae'zel is perfect for her character. Such a great mix of hisses, curt and sharp words, but also oddly poetic and insightful in softer scenes.

veteran
veteran
"Go on...Kiss my foot" Goblins represent, I also like the one who keeps Volo as a pet.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sozz
"Go on...Kiss my foot" Goblins represent, I also like the one who keeps Volo as a pet.
Oh right, now that you mention it, the one doing the "chicken chase" is killing it, too.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Ghek Coal - the Duegar in the Underdark Village. So much menace and disdain in every word. I can sense a tendency for casual cruelty in his lines. If I met someone who spoke like that in real life I would be looking around for a weapon or an escape route - definitely a "Vatican Cameos" moment.

Blackheifer
stranger
stranger
Lae'zel (sp?). I couldn't imagine her voice another way now. Also, narrator! Smooth and interesting! I always found the one thing about DOS2 was the (IMO) cheesy narrator.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The Narrator has an incredible voice, I absolutely love listening to her.
And of course Astarion's voice is a standout for me among the companions.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
The Narrator has an incredible voice, I absolutely love listening to her. .
Mh. I like the actress (and she was great as Malady) but I don't think she's particularly fit as a narrator and in fact I think I preferred the old man they used for DOS 2. Brian Bowles, according to IMDB.

I don't doubt personal taste may play a big role in it, but her constant overly smug/malicious tone doesn't seem like a particular good fit for the role of "teller of the story" to me.

Last edited by Tuco; 28/07/21 11:27 PM.

veteran
veteran
it's weird, but i connect how i feel about the character to the voice actor, so, I don't "like" any of the voice acting really, but I can tell that they're obviously skilled voice actors who are doing a great job.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm sucker for Island accents. Probably why I enjoyed KOAR so much, gnomes there had absolutely adorable voices.

The bandit guy who guards the door at the ruins, with his excellent broad (of course, it's very clean and refined, much easier to understand than the actual broad, otherwise 99% of players would have great difficulty with his lines, I suspect).
Gale's VA is absolutely on par with his role. Astarion... it feels as if the actor is overplaying it a lot. Maybe they should have found someone with a better RP, as this one reeks of fakery.
Auntie - spot on, 100%.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
The Narrator has an incredible voice, I absolutely love listening to her. .
I don't doubt personal taste may play a big role in it, but her constant overly smug/malicious tone doesn't seem like a particular good fit for the role of "teller of the story" to me.

Ha! I actually love that about her.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Trix Salamonde
Ha! I actually love that about her.

I'm sure a lot of people do. But I don't share the sentiment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard