Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
stranger
stranger
It's the pouch that annoys me, dying to know what's inside, but suspect it something naff, like 13g.

There are too many of these "cant' reach", I've encountered all the ones above, and others like the barrel of fish in the blighted village.

Staying with the blighted village:

There are blacksmith parchments on a wall you can take. use to read. There is no read option smirk

Below the parchments, on a desk, it a pipe. Its text hover says it's a candle. its text icon is a question mark.

Also in the village is a portrait of a noble woman. When you try to sell it, its the portrait on a man.

The switch you can't reach is just annoying, but as other have pointed out, shove one box back and your good. Others, like the gauntlet in the druid village, I've wasted way too much time with crates and spells trying to reach it.

Last edited by Ackadia; 27/07/21 03:57 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Amaunator43
I couldn't reach the pouch in the makeshift altar or whatever in the goblin priestesses room, after fighting the female ogre. I passed the check and could see the pouch, but couldn't reach.

So I discovered I could get to the pouch, ironically, by selecting the throw option. Even though you get the, "Can't reach," message, you can often still throw these items onto the floor, where you can then open them up.

veteran
veteran
Friendly warning tho: Some objects can break by throwing

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Same things in the toll house cellar. Plenty of unreachable stuff

Try with druid badger form, my friend managed to reach a few things by looting them normally while in badger form weirdly enough.

Edit: I can confirm, badger can reach some stuff that cant be reached right now. Didnt test everything, but the necromancer lair is a go!

Re-edit: not for ladders though

Last edited by Kryldost; 31/07/21 02:09 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Capularis
So I discovered I could get to the pouch, ironically, by selecting the throw option. Even though you get the, "Can't reach," message, you can often still throw these items onto the floor, where you can then open them up.

+1 for this. Works great for this pouch, books, scrolls and the like, but potions shatter when you throw them.

As for that wretched Metallic Glove teasing us in Silvanus' Grove... Larian are trolling us!

Last edited by Ackadia; 31/07/21 03:07 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Ackadia

+1 for this. Works great for this pouch, books, scrolls and the like, but potions shatter when you throw them.

As for that wretched Metallic Glove teasing us in Silvanus' Grove... Larian are trolling us!

I finally got those darn Metallic Gloves! I used Mage Hand and was able to throw them to the ground so I could loot them. Took three playthroughs before I tried this, but they're finally mine!

TheHero Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ackadia

I finally got those darn Metallic Gloves! I used Mage Hand and was able to throw them to the ground so I could loot them. Took three playthroughs before I tried this, but they're finally mine!
So Magehand can be cast in that wagon cart? Or did you cast it on a crate or ground?

apprentice
apprentice
Postive on the Mage Hand on the Metallic Gloves in the cart located at the grove. Don't know if this is related with the recent Hotfix, but yesterday I couldn't throw this gloves but I didn't tried out Mage Hand at this time.
You still can't access the gloves or the crate on the cart by "mundane" terms wink
With the unreachable potions: Eventually it is possible to throw them to other Characters to avoid breaking them?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by TheHero
So Magehand can be cast in that wagon cart? Or did you cast it on a crate or ground?
On the ground is fine ...
I wonder how did you people managed to miss it, i writed this tip to every single topic about "unreachable objects" i found since day 1. laugh

Originally Posted by Schugger
With the unreachable potions: Eventually it is possible to throw them to other Characters to avoid breaking them?
Nope ... if you throw potion "at someone" it breaks too ... and your target will imediatly take its effect.
But once you can throw it, you should be able to relocate it by simply draging. wink

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 03/08/21 06:56 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
TheHero Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by TheHero
On the ground is fine ...
I wonder how did you people managed to miss it, i writed this tip to every single topic about "unreachable objects" i found since day 1. laugh

Originally Posted by Schugger
Nope ... if you throw potion "at someone" it breaks too ... and your target will imediatly take its effect.
But once you can throw it, you should be able to relocate it by simply draging. wink

Well i normally use another kind of "Throw", its Thunderarrows. But this might destroy sometimes low HP Chest/containers.
And when i use Magehand, and its not working on several attempts i dismiss it.
Becausei dont want to waste too much time for some items, which i can most of the time just steal from a Trader-/Merchant NPC.
In any case i think this is a particular Patch5 problem and will be gone in near future. LEss problems with unreachable in patches before.
Also more Ladders / climb options are broken too in PAtch 5. Guess that its somehow connected in Mapbuilding and Rendering Maps.

Last edited by TheHero; 04/08/21 12:56 PM.
stranger
stranger
I've come across the same issue with some random items not reachable.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard