Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#781503 19/07/21 09:14 AM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Is there a way to kill Ragzlin stealithily? So far every time I've fought him it's led to mass alerting the whole sanctuary, or at least alerting Minthara and her goblins next door, and the number of wardrums around means it is very hard to keep cultists away from both of them. It really feels like there should be some sneaky way to kill him without alerting everybody like there was with Priestess Gut. I'd really appreciate the help guys, because I've found that I miss a lot more with Larian's style of RPGs than most others.

I don't want to just be messing things up because I don't know any better, plus fighting through all those goblins just isn't fun for me. I don't want to do it if I can feasibly avoid it.

Last edited by Gray Ghost; 19/07/21 10:12 AM.
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I never found any. frown

I really hoped that he could be persuated to go see Minthara, or join her when she attack the Grove (concidering his attraction to her) ... but those options was never present so far. frown

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 19/07/21 04:10 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
I've never tried it, but there's an upper area above him that you can probably shoot from. If you enter the room, you have to go through a cutscene before you can explore that area and climb up top. Not sure if there is another way up there.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by AvatarOfSHODAN
I've never tried it, but there's an upper area above him that you can probably shoot from. If you enter the room, you have to go through a cutscene before you can explore that area and climb up top. Not sure if there is another way up there.
Even if you manage to kill Ragzlin in single turn, and keep hidden afterwards ...
Whole camp will become hostile. :-/

Depends what you mean by alerted? If you kill him the whole camp goes aggro, it seems intended that way (like they go from yellow to red, they won't join in). If you mean during the fight, sure! Break both the war drums inside and outside that room and the rest of the camp won't come charge in all at once!

To prevent the reinforcement, I keep 2 characters out of the fight.

1 tank 2 hidden characters 1 backup

The hidden characters will break the drums and get roll for initiative and the backup is kind of a flex. Ofc it goes all to shit if the tank gets CCed, just be ready to bring your backup in the fight so you can get enough time to do your work with your out of fights characters. As long as you do not skip your turn, you got all the time in the world with out of fights characters.

Last edited by Kryldost; 19/07/21 05:55 PM. Reason: Precisions
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So there's no way to kill him and not aggro the whole camp. That's disappointing. I'm sure come final release that'll be sorted out. Until then, I gave up trying to be stealthy and just killed Minthara first, then Ragzlin and fastr-travelled out after reporting back to Halsin. Now I have to fight my way past all the goblins outside to get back in and I'll finally get into the Underdark in one of my playthroughs.

While I'm on the subject, I really HATE having to deal with all those goblins outside to get back into the sanctuary. It's just a dull, frustrating slog. I've already done all the important stuff in the area, just let me back in. Get rid of thee goblins so I can move on with the story. Halsin's dialogue implies that the goblins are meant to go away with the leaders dead and I sincerely hope that by the time EA is done, they follow through on that.

veteran
veteran
It's easier, if you deal with Gut and Minthara and the few smaller groups first and with Ragzlin last. But I , too, haven't found a way to dea lwith him stealthy yet.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Now I have to fight my way past all the goblins outside to get back in and I'll finally get into the Underdark in one of my playthroughs.
Well ... yes, NOW you have to ...
But, if you would get into Underdark BEFORE you kill Ragzlin (meaning while all Goblins are still friendly ... or at least not-hostile) ... right down there is waypoint, just few steppes and to the right. wink

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 20/07/21 09:10 PM.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Now I have to fight my way past all the goblins outside to get back in and I'll finally get into the Underdark in one of my playthroughs.
Well ... yes, NOW you have to ...
But, if you would get into Underdark BEFORE you kill Ragzlin (meaning while all Goblins are still friendly ... or at least not-hostile) ... right down there is waypoint, just few steppes and to the right. wink

You forgot the jump to the left :p

Love and sausages xx
T
T
I always figured it was intended. I mean with their leader killed the goblins are understandably angry and hostile. I don't see why they would go away, they are living there. They just aren't organized to go on raids anymore.

There are 3 other ways to get to the Underdark that don't involved the goblins, so its not like you are forced to return and fight them.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Well i believe the question here is how did they find out so quickly laugh

veteran
veteran
Short answer is no. In 30+ playthroughs I have never managed to off him without turning the camp hostile.

HOWEVER - if you kill Gut, Kill the torturers, and get Minthara to send her troops to the Druid grove and then kill them there. Once you come back I think his troops are severely depleted.

Blackheifer
Someone mentioned they were able once to avoid it by getting the whole team branded, still have to test it out.

Link Copied to Clipboard