Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Throw down Moonbeam and toss a void bulb into it. If you want to get really nasty throw grease or web or both on top of the whole mess.

This works really well on the Githyanki fight. keep the Druid protected and keep tossing Void Bulbs to keep them in the death zone. Rain fire.

Spike growth can also be used instead of Moonbeam, but moonbeam is nice because it doesn't require action to cause damage. However, if you had two druids...then use two moonbeams.

Blackheifer
enthusiast
enthusiast
Thats why Area effects are OP and still in discussion of balancing it out.
What if there wouldnt be Voidbulbs?
Then you have to use Thunderarrows, Thunderwave, Push etc. = More balanced.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by TheHero
Thats why Area effects are OP and still in discussion of balancing it out.
What if there wouldnt be Voidbulbs?
Then you have to use Thunderarrows, Thunderwave, Push etc. = More balanced.

Well my only argument would be that Void bulbs are very limited in supply. You need to grab as many as you can from the Ship but there are no more available - as far as I know.

Not saying they are not OP, but there are lots of OP fights to utilize them on and then you are done.

Thunderarrows are more limited in application because they do the opposite of a void bulb - they are still great fun though and super useful.

Blackheifer
enthusiast
enthusiast
Everywhere you meet Mindflayers, theres some of their biotech lying around. Mycoid camp f.e. is another source. What comes in later in release Version, we can only guess.
Then theres options in the game to craft. That will be another source for such items in future.

I dont really care how people want to make their game as easy as they want.
But in my games im willing to use Powerfull Item exploits only in the hardest encounters, when my previous tactics allways fail and when i need to win that battle.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Everywhere you meet Mindflayers, theres some of their biotech lying around. Mycoid camp f.e. is another source. What comes in later in release Version, we can only guess.
Then theres options in the game to craft. That will be another source for such items in future.

But in my games im willing to use Powerfull Item exploits only in the hardest encounters, when my previous tactics allways fail and when i need to win that battle.

What do you find to be your most challenging battles?

Honestly I only use it for the Githyanki encounter.

Blackheifer
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

What do you find to be your most challenging battles?

Honestly I only use it for the Githyanki encounter.

Ethel fight can be very challenging when you dont overprepare and have all those mindcontrolled Maskwearers around.
Im not talking about cheesing a shove over the edge solution in the Ethel fight to kill her instantly, just plain old trying to go in not trying to overprepare and max everything out by buffs and spells.

The Githfight can be done with a bit of exploiting crouching when you got the top high positions and deny the giths the ladders and shove around ... but ofc challenging when going in with out prep.
What will come in the future... i guess more NPC rich battles or high healing or high AC fights. we will see.
EA will help to find a good way how battles should be resolved.
Or Battlesystems will stay as it is and only bugs will be ironed out.

Last edited by TheHero; 01/08/21 04:56 PM.
I did Auntie with my friends a few day ago. Druid, wizard, warlock and rogue. Druid initiated the fight by placing spike growth by the fireplace, I used scorching ray on her, warlock did warlock magic. When she tried to go invisible we gasped at the event but heck, spike growth took care of that. Rogue got a hit in and when back on my turn launched another scorching ray. We beat her in 2-3 turns. Level 3, they had no metaknowledge beside me. It was GLORIOUS. All I did was warn I was going to attack her.

Last edited by Kryldost; 02/08/21 01:10 PM.
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
There are plenty more void bulbs available:
Once you get the potion from Omeluum, he becomes a vendor and sells 3-5 of them every long rest. And they are pretty cheap too, no reason not to carry around a few.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by RBarbare
There are plenty more void bulbs available:
Once you get the potion from Omeluum, he becomes a vendor and sells 3-5 of them every long rest. And they are pretty cheap too, no reason not to carry around a few.

Damn, I had no idea he was a vendor for them. Thanks for that!

Blackheifer
Ohhh that’s interesting. Definitely makes rushing arcane tower worth the trouble.

Link Copied to Clipboard