Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Either Half Wood Elf or Gold Dwarf works for this build.

I would actually recommend Half Wood-Elf as they get more movement at 10.5 Meters a round and fey ancestry is really good. Really being at the right place tends to be more important for this build, add the Crusher Ring for an extra 3m per round. If you can move in fast and hit with Radiance of the Dawn on a group of close in enemies it will may get them more focused on you.

Stats:

Str: 14
Dex 12
Con: 14
Int: 9
Wis: 16 (+2) at level 4
Char: 10

You can switch some Strength for Dex for an extra +}1 AC at the cost of +1 to hit and damage here. Your call.

At Level 4 Select +2 Wisdom.

probably Grab Outlander for Athletics for the Shove protection.

Choose Light Cleric

Make sure Warding Flare is always active -

WARNING: WARDING FLARE STARTS OUT INACTIVE AND DEACTIVES WHEN YOU LEVEL UP YOU WILL NEED TO RE-ACTIVATE EVERY LEVEL - Its in the Reactions pane on the far right bottom next to Opportunity Attack.

Equipment: Half Plate/or Scale Mail +1 / Absolute's Warboard (with Mark) = 20 AC with Absolute Protection or Shield Of Faith/ Or Glowing Shield (1d8 Temp Hp at 50% HP)
Absolute's Talisman, Shattered Flail (1d6 heals on hit), Poison ring, Crusher ring, Hellriders Pride

Keep Warding Flare up - gives disadvantage on attacks against you.

DPS - Radiance of the Dawn - 2d10 + 4 to everything in 12 M range (1 use per short rest)

Inflict Wounds - this is a Melee range High DPS attack (3d10 Necrotic) or ( 4D10 Necrotic) upcasted

Guiding Bolt - This is a Ranged spell attack, do not use in melee range - (4d6Radiant damage) or (5D6 Radiant) Upcasted

Utility: Command: Halt, Healing Word, Bless

Command: Halt is insanely powerful against large powerful dumb enemies such as the Ogres, The Bulette and the Minotaurs. It uses Wisdom as a save. It makes them skip a turn

Mainhand I suggest the Shattered Flail (Dropped by Flind)- 1d6 + 4 Bludgeoning + 1d6 heals to you on hit.

This is a fun one to play because you are hard to kill fully kitted out and can do a lot of damage on the front lines with Inflict Wounds/Radiance of The Dawn plus utility spells.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 02/08/21 03:52 PM.

Blackheifer
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ok, updated the information, and clarified some aspects of the build. I have seen Warding flare activate three times in a round so I am not sure what Larian changed on this. I am trying to gather more info.

Blackheifer
L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Ok, updated the information, and clarified some aspects of the build. I have seen Warding flare activate three times in a round so I am not sure what Larian changed on this. I am trying to gather more info.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier (a minimum of once). You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by LastHope2022
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier (a minimum of once). You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Well I know what the PHB says, I just don't think it implemented that way. I have not seen a limit for it listed anywhere. That may change or not.

Blackheifer
L
stranger
stranger
L
you mean like opportunity attacks which are limited to 1 per turn?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by LastHope2022
you mean like opportunity attacks which are limited to 1 per turn?

It does not appear to consume your reaction. I have had both the Warding Flare activate multiple times per turn and performed an Opportunity attack. It may be bugged, or mis-implemented. I don't have good answers.

Blackheifer
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
No changes, you get Fireball at level 5 though. Insane.

Blackheifer

Link Copied to Clipboard