Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#784617 01/08/21 06:23 PM
S
sinogy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Sometimes I have to click a spell or action million times for it to work.

It is annoying af. I have to spend so much time for a single action ffs.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Yes. Also how clicking on a portrait sometimes takes a few tries before it actually switches control to that character, and how reconnecting a split party member takes million tries before they'll finally follow the others.

old hand
old hand
try using hot keys as a quick fix, you can use spells that way, swap toons, and right clicking a portrait can regroup that way also.

This should probably been posted in technical & gameplay problem section.

Last edited by fallenj; 02/08/21 12:54 AM.
S
sinogy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by fallenj
try using hot keys as a quick fix, you can use spells that way, swap toons, and right clicking a portrait can regroup that way also.

This should probably been posted in technical & gameplay problem section.

Dude you misunderstood it. The action takes place but its effect doesn't. For example, when I activate action surge, animation and sound take place but the real mechanics of it doesn't. I cast the same action surge on my fighter for like 3-5 mins then for some reason it decided to make it work after minutes. It happens too goddamn many times for many spells and actions.

S
sinogy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
There are times after patch 5, I have to repeat the same action ( for example casting an AoE spell or action surge) for so many goddamn times for the effect to come online.

Spending like 5 minutes on keep clicking the same action over and over again hoping it will work at some point is massively and utterly annoying.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by sinogy
The action takes place but its effect doesn't. For example, when I activate action surge, animation and sound take place but the real mechanics of it doesn't. I cast the same action surge on my fighter for like 3-5 mins then for some reason it decided to make it work after minutes.
Hm, never seen it. Which platform you are using - Steam, GOG, Stadia?

Looks like a corrupted installation to me, or probably a conflict with mods. You use mods, right?..

old hand
old hand
I haven't had this issue as far as I remember, rather, I actually have the opposite where it's finicky for cancelling an ability sometimes (but only rarely).
I am curious how to replicate it, are you on steam?

Last edited by CJMPinger; 03/08/21 05:27 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I have had this problem as well a couple of times, but if I remember corectly only when using the UI buttons for abilities/potions etc. Sometimes you have to click 5-10 times to drink a potion for example. Everything works fine if you use keyboard shortcuts for sneak for example or rightclick on a potion and then "use" from inventory. Playing on steam.

S
sinogy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Mercury4711
I have had this problem as well a couple of times, but if I remember corectly only when using the UI buttons for abilities/potions etc. Sometimes you have to click 5-10 times to drink a potion for example. Everything works fine if you use keyboard shortcuts for sneak for example or rightclick on a potion and then "use" from inventory. Playing on steam.

Dude I have to click on at least my char to cast action surge. I clicked 30 times and it didn't work.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I get a massive delay sometimes, cast a spell ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... oh there it goes

Link Copied to Clipboard