Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Eating Roasted Dwarf flesh from the Goblin Village heals you like pre-patch 5 food (and the occasional bucket)used to.

Blackheifer
Ah figured it would be like the tall skinny pig meat from the goblin jail, the suspicious meat works as camp supplies xD

veteran
veteran
Not just that, there are mushrooms next to Scratch, that are also eatable ...

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
So is gruel! Yum! Considering it’s only one camp supply…

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Maybe there is a hidden compliment to the efficacy of Soul Food

[video:youtube]
[/video]

Blackheifer
journeyman
journeyman
Dwarf. The other white meat.

Is it even cannibalism if you're not a dwarf yourself?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by David12183
Dwarf. The other white meat.

Is it even cannibalism if you're not a dwarf yourself?

Not gonna lie - this question keeps me up at night. At the time I was a dwarf though. so definitely.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
I think not ...
Its still different species, you are just both humanoid ...

Simmilar to when you would be eating chimpanzee ... possible, but you dont get them served usualy in Europe dinner (not sure about other parts of the world laugh )

journeyman
journeyman
Though it's hard to tell in D&D whether the races are actually different species. I mean obviously men can breed successfully with elves and orcs, because we have half-elves and half-orcs. But I've never heard of a half-dwarf.

Would the offspring of a human and a halfling be a half-halfling? Or a three-quarterling?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by David12183
Though it's hard to tell in D&D whether the races are actually different species. I mean obviously men can breed successfully with elves and orcs, because we have half-elves and half-orcs. But I've never heard of a half-dwarf.

Would the offspring of a human and a halfling be a half-halfling? Or a three-quarterling?

It would be either a human or a halfling depending on the what the mother is. It would have physical characteristics from both parents but would be either squarely a human or a halfling.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
We don't really go into depth on the lore of how interbreeding works - deliberately so. However, even though most of our 'half-' races are treated as half human, that's really just the default, because humans are randy buggers.

Halflings are their own species, not a half breed from anything else - though there is the cultural rumour that suggests that stronghearts may have a touch of dwarf somewhere back in their historical ancestry.

The general ideology follows tolkien-esque shapes; dwarves, for example, are usually considered to be largely incompatible with *most* other species... but these aren't at all defined rules. It's common also to presume that halflings are generally not considered to be compatible for offspring with most other races as well.

In all cases, if direct biological compatibility is extremely low viability, or not viable at all, then there's always magic and divine intervention. Praying to your fertility/family deity of choice can and does result in divine 'assistance' with making things work that otherwise wouldn't, if you're lucky. There are also magic items that crate compatibility and conception where it otherwise would not work (such as the beast-mother's mask from older editions).

Dragons (of either type), full celestials and full fiends are generally considered to be able to procreate with any mortal race, if they wish to.

In terms of couplings producing offspring that isn't one of the more commonly viable and compatible crossbreeds, the usual outcome is that the child will be more or less entirely of the mother's race, but will bear hallmarks and distinguishing features and traits of the father's race in some fashion.

As always, all of this is just common practice and generally used ideology - none of it is firmly defined or set in any kind of canonical stone.

P
addict
addict
P
If I had a dollar for every time I've had to explain the difference between cannibalism and anthropophagy to a bunch of D&D players, I'd have about eight or nine dollars by now.

journeyman
journeyman
So the bottom line is that dwarfs are just "bush meat" to us non-dwarfs. Good to know, in case I get a bit peckish at the goblin camp.

At least I won't anger the gods!

Although I suppose punishing characters for cannibalism would only make sense if they still had alignments.

veteran
veteran
What is really interesting is how many people is sudently totally willing to thrust goblin, once he speaks about source of meat ... instead of litteraly anything else. laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard