Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
U
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
He appeared in both BG 1 and 2 so it would be almost weird not to meet him in 3 no?

T
Banned
Banned
T
We do not know except he has not been seen in Early Access Act 1. Elves can live a long time though. There has been nothing confirmed regarding this. However Drizzt is in Forgotten Realms and BG3 is Forgotten Realms while Solasta is Badlands so it would be impossible to meet Drizzt in Solasta.

Drizzt was written by R.A Salvatore and appeared in Dungeons Dragons Forgotten Realms World. BG3 is Forgotten Realms world though time line is long time after events of BG1 and BG2, but as I said Elves can live a long time.

Short answer possible if Larian choose to include him so we can meet him, but we can not confirm this and there is no news regarding this what I have heard.
Larian has full Forgotten Realms license so they could include him if they want from what I have understood.

The only thing I can confirm is that there are Drow in the game both as playable race and AI controlled NPC.

Drizzt Do'urden is such a high level character so if we are going to meet him I am pretty sure it is not in Act 1 and instead Act 2 or Act 3. Well and it could also be Larian thinks naah we leave him for a possible expansion.
I can not confirm if Drizzt will be or not be in BG3 full release, but after release there will be full game reviews unless Larian choose to tell us something before that.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 06/08/21 05:07 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
We do not know except he has not been seen in Early Access Act 1. Elves can live a long time though. There has been nothing confirmed regarding this. However Drizzt is in Forgotten Realms and BG3 is Forgotten Realms while Solasta is Badlands so it would be impossible to meet Drizzt in Solasta.
I gotta ask, what's with this Solasta obsession of yours? This is the third or fourth post I've seen recently where you bring up Solasta in an entirely unrelated conversation. The OP didn't mention Solasta. The OP doesn't have a history of mentioning Solasta, so it's not like you're making fun of them. Solasta doesn't even have drow. And if you just wanted to tell the OP any games that might possibly have Drizzt, then Dark Alliance would be the go-to mention.

The rest of your post is decently informative and helpful, but this line is just wut?!??? You don't even seem to like the game much, so it's weird why you keep bringing it up...

Relevant to OP's post
I'll add that Larian doesn't really do expansions, so it's unlikely that we'll get any story-DLC at all, let alone with Drizzt. But BG3 does have Volo and Minsc, so Larian has already shown their willingness to have famous D&D character cameos. In BG3, where drow are a big enough presence to be a playable race, I'd guess that it's likely we'll see him.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ungeweldig
He appeared in both BG 1 and 2 so it would be almost weird not to meet him in 3 no?

I think its not too likely, and its for the worst possible reason. The trademark and popularity of Drizzt makes it much more difficult to place him in any other properties except in a referential sense unless you have a frumpy board of directors approve it after agreeing to licensing and merchandising and restrictions on use etc.

Because you could kill him in Baldur's Gate 1, and people would lose their ever-lovin' minds if they allowed that these days.

And while I would GREATLY enjoy adding the tears of Drizzt nerds to my growing collection - the reality is it would be pretty impossible I think even if they could make it make sense.

I mean the first mod released would be the "kill Drizzt" one.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 06/08/21 10:33 PM.

Blackheifer
enthusiast
enthusiast
I am not a murderhobo and rarely go after good/neutral npcs, but I would add that mod...

veteran
veteran
They hint that Drizzt may appear. Why have Minthara from Menzo if there wasn't some tie to Drizzt? One does not mention Menzo without immediately conjuring up thoughts of Drizzt. Why not make her from anywhere else in the underdark?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by spacehamster95
I am not a murderhobo and rarely go after good/neutral npcs, but I would add that mod...

maybe we can get a mod that adds a killable Drizzt to the game just to murder?

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by spacehamster95

maybe we can get a mod that adds a killable Drizzt to the game just to murder?

lol.

Drizzt is like Luke Skywalker. Overdone and just let him die already.

veteran
veteran
What's embarrassing now is that he's a level 8 fighter lol. They did him dirty

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by Ungeweldig

I think its not too likely, and its for the worst possible reason. The trademark and popularity of Drizzt makes it much more difficult to place him in any other properties except in a referential sense unless you have a frumpy board of directors approve it after agreeing to licensing and merchandising and restrictions on use etc.

Because you could kill him in Baldur's Gate 1, and people would lose their ever-lovin' minds if they allowed that these days.

And while I would GREATLY enjoy adding the tears of Drizzt nerds to my growing collection - the reality is it would be pretty impossible I think even if they could make it make sense.

I mean the first mod released would be the "kill Drizzt" one.
None of these is ACTUALLY a legitimate reason to not have the character in the game. He was included in both the BG games, he was also killable on both. No one ever "lost their minds" about it. If anything people used to write mini-guides about how to exploit the system to get his weapons.

Which conversely doesn't mean he will necessarily be included, either.

Frankly I'd feel that if Larian bothered with the cameo would be more because it's some sort of meme in the franchise to abuse the poor bastard that not out of sheer desire to include a popular figure.

Admittedly, as for Minsc, he's someone I don't really give a shit about, but I'd be curious to see their rendition of the character.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
I agree Tuco... except about Minsc. I love his character. That said, I'm also not overly pumped about him being in the game, though I expect it. Minsc is in Neverwinter Online, and I wasn't impressed with that. He's another character who, for me, was quite memorable. I thought he was the most fun character in the BG series.

That said, sometimes I wish people would leave beloved characters where they were beloved and not bring them back again and again until I'm sick of them. To me, Minsc shouldn't be alive in 1492. He should have died back in his own time after living an awesome, adventurous life as a valiant hero.

But whatever. If they do Drizzt and/or Minsc and/or any character from the originals WELL, I'll be happy. My fear is that they'll try to bring them into it and totally butcher their characters.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Entreri + Jarlaxle > Drizzt

apprentice
apprentice
After underestimating how foreign I was to the world of "Baldurs Gate", not knowing that Volo is basically a VIP instead of just a madman, seeing the famous Elminster mentioned more than enough, the appearance of Drizzt is very likely as well.
Expect him at least to 90% or so.

I am more interested in how close we come to meet deitys.
Since Shadowheart is probably and secretely an Asumar and daughter of Selune.
Higher forces seem to be interested in our group all over the planes.

Would very much appreciate the appearance of a few godly Avatars before our group.
Raphael can't be the only one being excited for what he seems to promise himself by interacting with us.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] <- *click*
addict
addict
I think they are going to make

the talkative skeleton either Jergal or atleast his avatar. There is also talk that he may only be his champion.

But the wheel of fate isn’t for us to understand.

Originally Posted by GM4Him
I agree Tuco... except about Minsc. I love his character. That said, I'm also not overly pumped about him being in the game, though I expect it. Minsc is in Neverwinter Online, and I wasn't impressed with that. He's another character who, for me, was quite memorable. I thought he was the most fun character in the BG series.

That said, sometimes I wish people would leave beloved characters where they were beloved and not bring them back again and again until I'm sick of them. To me, Minsc shouldn't be alive in 1492. He should have died back in his own time after living an awesome, adventurous life as a valiant hero.

You obviously have not read the Legends of Baldur's Gate comic book series. They explain how Minsc is still alive in the 5th edition time frame of the Forgotten Realms.

Last edited by BladeDancer; 08/08/21 05:48 PM.
addict
addict
I find it very hard that Drizzt will not be in BG3.

He will prob will appear, at least as an Easter Egg. I would even dare to say Elminster will show up as well. Just like prior BGs.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by BladeDancer
Originally Posted by GM4Him

You obviously have not read the Legends of Baldur's Gate comic book series. They explain how Minsc is still alive in the 5th edition time frame of the Forgotten Realms.

The EA already has a note offering a reward for the return of a heroic ranger statue, stolen from Baldur's Gate, so it is likely Minsc is intended to return. Given the lack of "good" companions in EA, introducing someone shouting "butt-kicking for goodness" every few seconds does seem like a solution.

Volo is OK in BG3, but he was never that important in the previous games; he had a greater role in SoZ than BG1/2. But Minsc could fall very flat if not written or voiced well.

Drizz't and Elminster are more like Volo, in that they were of no real importance in BG1/2, so I doubt that most people will care if they appear or not. On the other hand, Drizz't and the Drow have had Lore updates from WotC this year, so perhaps BG3 will tap into that.

Tbh, I don't want him. I think FR either need a real restart or at least let the time jumps from edition to edition be of some use to get a semi-restart.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KingTiki
Tbh, I don't want him. I think FR either need a real restart or at least let the time jumps from edition to edition be of some use to get a semi-restart.

I agree. Nostalgia is fine, but I want to see fresh faces and meet new interesting characters. Drizzt was just a cameo in the previous games any way, let's not pretend he was a meaningful NPC.

Well, I personally think if an adventurer cameo is about to happen, it should be Elminster first.
Elminster had a connection to the original plot and was not just a cameo. If there is a connection between the games, he may remember his interest in Gorions Ward and actually look into it.
Drizzt was just a random cameo in 1 and a helpful cameo in 2. He never had any connection and was just added for the VIP factor.

I would not mind seeing neither of those, though. They are, at least for me, walking reminders of the problem with old adventurers.
They have done nearly everything and every time they appear they stumble upon their own enemies, because otherwise there is no reason for them to not solve the plot.
I know they are popular, but sometimes I think they should retire. I.e. let a kind-hearted drow stumble over a study about him in the underdark and s/he wants to become like the great Drizzt.

Bottom line, if they appear, they should have a good reason for it and, if possible, let it be a forgetable encounter for them.
Not neccessarily for the group or other npcs, but for this kind of adventurers it should just be a tuesday..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard