Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 46 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 45 46
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Originally Posted by fylimar
u keep missing it. I'm not bothering to explain anymore. I tried to be helpful, but that seem to be a wasted efford.
I have not been annoyed by that Drow have different skin color then in Tolkien world and they still are handsome or beautiful in general. I accepted it from R.A Salvatore books. Well and the Elves in WOW MMO did not annoy me despite having very big ears well not to mention Blood Elves in WOW Horde side are kind of red color or in that direction the name Blood kind of gives hint of red color. The Elf race on Alliance look more like typical Tolkien Elves if you forget the big ears. Well and WOW Elves were still enough beautiful though a bit excentric sometimes with WOW artistic style affecting at least armor looks and bigger ears then Tolkien Elves have.

Guess I want Elves to be beautiful and enough different from humans and Tolkien Elves are beautiful.

Yeah, but what you want doesn't really matter, it counts, what WotC want to do with their elves. Beides, beauty is highly subjective. To me, the WoW elves look highly ridiculous. I can't take that serious. And I really don't want my elves to look like a cheap underage youtube erotic star.
I like for elves to look different from humans, a bit alien maybe.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
T
Banned
Banned
T
u keep missing it. I'm not bothering to explain anymore. I tried to be helpful, but that seem to be a wasted efford.
I have not been annoyed by that Drow have different skin color then in Tolkien world and they still are handsome or beautiful in general. I accepted it from R.A Salvatore books. Well and the Elves in WOW MMO did not annoy me despite having very big ears well not to mention Blood Elves in WOW Horde side are kind of red color or in that direction the name Blood kind of gives hint of red color. The Elf race on Alliance look more like typical Tolkien Elves if you forget the big ears. Well and WOW Elves were still enough beautiful though a bit excentric sometimes with WOW artistic style affecting at least armor looks and bigger ears then Tolkien Elves have.

Guess I want Elves to be beautiful and enough different from humans and Tolkien Elves are beautiful.

Yeah, but what you want doesn't really matter, it counts, what WotC want to do with their elves. Beides, beauty is highly subjective. To me, the WoW elves look highly ridiculous. I can't take that serious. And I really don't want my elves to look like a cheap underage youtube erotic star.
Well then go play Guild Wars 2 this game is not for you if you want alien looking Elves. They adopted in Guild Wars 2 Elves as some plant race and I never played it or want to play Guild Wars 2 when found out that.

Enlightning we have completely different taste.

On Erotic side I am sure some mods will fix this for me. Already we have one mod that affect ShadowHeart looks, but not nearly as much as I want so have not bothered to use that mod. In Skyrim despite playing it very little I used a mod that made huge changes indeed and not some minor things that the BG3 current mod available for ShadowHeart does. I bought Skyrim very cheaply long time after release and by then was available lots of mods to Skyrim.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 07/08/21 10:34 AM.
veteran
veteran

Well then go play Guild Wars 2 this game is not for you if you want alien looking Elves. They adopted in Guild Wars 2 Elves as some plant race and I never played it or want to play Guild Wars 2 when found out that.

On Erotic side I am sure some mods will fix this for me. Already we have one mod that affect Shadow Hearth looks, but not nearly as much as I want so have not bothered to use that mod. In Skyrim despite playing it very little I used a mod that made huge changes indeed and not some minor things that the BG3 current mod available for Shadow Hearth does.

Don"t tell me, what I should or should not play, I'm not the one complaining and the characters name ist Shadowheart.
And I really don't want to know about your fetishes, it's creepy

Last edited by fylimar; 07/08/21 09:52 AM.

Doctor Who
T
Banned
Banned
T

Guess I want Elves to be beautiful and enough different from humans and Tolkien Elves are beautiful.[/quote]

On Erotic side I am sure some mods will fix this for me. Already we have one mod that affect Shadow Hearth looks, but not nearly as much as I want so have not bothered to use that mod. In Skyrim despite playing it very little I used a mod that made huge changes indeed and not some minor things that the BG3 current mod available for Shadow Hearth does.
Don"t tell me, what I should or should not play, I'm not the one complaining and the characters name ist Shadowheart.
And I really don't want to know about your fetishes, it's creepy
I find lots of this none Tolkien Elf ideas creepy and idea of Elves as Alien makes me want to womit.

Shadowheart yes make her more good looking with mods:
Shadowheart

Last edited by Terminator2020; 07/08/21 10:06 AM.
veteran
veteran
I just give up, I really don't want to continue this. Should have knownn better.

Doctor Who
T
Banned
Banned
T
I just give up, I really don't want to continue this. Should have knownn better.
Ok fine do that and while I could not resist teasing I did not want to insult you or hurt your feelings and I have nothing against you personally despite not having exactly same taste.
For the record I have never said I want to see underage stuff that you mentioned? The last CELEBRITY I mentioned is an ex model STAR singer and by now over 30 years old and all women in that video I told the name of
Tessa Violet - I Like (the idea of) You (Official Music Video)
are clearly adult models and described them as typical tall Elves examples. Well and regarding Belle D. when she started her most nasty stuff by then she was over 18 and currently she is 21 years old. Please never think I want to see any underage nasty stuff thank you. Belle D. is absolutely not a tall person far from it and she has rarely taken pictures as being an Elf so saying I want only tall Elves is not true.

Now more on to topic. Yes the male Elves in BG3 look slightly to Human (well not saying they look awful would still play BG3 if not changed), but please to improve game make them look little more Elvish would be nice as OP post or Tolkien High Elves and not some pretty odd ideas posted here. The women Elves in BG3 look fairly ok, but the default male Elf when I see the face look slightly tiny bit to human for my taste.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 07/08/21 10:53 AM.
veteran
veteran
I can feel your pain ...
You have my sympathies.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I can feel your pain ...
You have my sympathies.
Well and I could recommend Guild Wars 2 to you as well. There are no normal Elves in Guild Wars 2. They are kind of plants that reminds tiny bit of Elves and perfect for you. When I found out that information I lost my interest and decided to never play Guild Wars 2. That Guild Wars 2 race name that reminds slightly of Elves is Sylvari. They are so Alien so Halfelf Human and Sylvari parents is not even biologically possible.
Quote about Sylvari:
"Sylvari are not born. They awaken beneath the Pale Tree with knowledge gleaned in their pre-life Dream. These noble beings travel, seeking adventure and pursuing quests. They struggle to balance curiosity with duty, eagerness with chivalry, and warfare with honor. Magic and mystery entwine to shape the future of this race that has so recently appeared.

— In-game description

The sylvari are a young, inquisitive race of botanical humanoids."

Now more on to topic. Yes the male Elves in BG3 look slightly to Human (well not saying they look awful would still play BG3 if not changed), but please to improve game make them look little more Elvish would be nice as OP post or Tolkien High Elves and not some pretty odd ideas posted here. The women Elves in BG3 look fairly ok, but the default male Elf when I see the face look slightly tiny bit to human for my taste.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 07/08/21 11:10 AM.
veteran
veteran
Well and I could recommend Guild Wars 2 to you as well.
That is really nice of you. smile But no ... simmilar to litteraly every other being on this planet, that also never asked you what they should play, i dont care. wink

But let me return the favour and also recommend something to you ... i recomend you to READ WHAT PEOPLE TELLS YOU ... and when you do, read it again ... and just for sure, at least once more ... or rather twice.
Then take deep breath, maybe try short walk ... i usualy take my dog outside, it helps me clear the head ... after return, re-read the important parts once more, then FOCUS on them ... and react on that, instead of just repeating the same stuff over and over.
That is my recomendation. smile

They are kind of plants that reminds tiny bit of Elves and perfect for you.
And if you want to be sure that you understand this recomendation i give you ...
Feel free to write me description of "perfect elf for me" to PM ... lets not continue with this stupid offtopic here. smile
Once you hit that, i may start believe that you are able to understand written text. smile

BTW ... "guild wars" elf ... is also from different settings, therefore irellevant to this topic. wink
Aswell as Tolkien elves ...
WoW elves ...
Legend of Zelda elves ...
Thor elves ...
Warhammer elves ...
And thousand of other elves ... so to make it more general, litteraly any "no-DnD" elves. wink

T
Banned
Banned
T
Well and I could recommend Guild Wars 2 to you as well.
That is really nice of you. smile But no ... simmilar to litteraly every other being on this planet, that also never asked you what they should play, i dont care. wink

But let me return the favour and also recommend something to you ... i recomend you to READ WHAT PEOPLE TELLS YOU ... and when you do, read it again ... and just for sure, at least once more ... or rather twice.
Then take deep breath, maybe try short walk ... i usualy take my dog outside, it helps me clear the head ... after return, re-read the important parts once more, then FOCUS on them ... and react on that, instead of just repeating the same stuff over and over.
That is my recomendation. smile

They are kind of plants that reminds tiny bit of Elves and perfect for you.
And if you want to be sure that you understand this recomendation i give you ...
Feel free to write me description of "perfect elf for me" to PM ... lets not continue with this stupid offtopic here. smile
Once you hit that, i may start believe that you are able to understand written text. smile

BTW ... "guild wars" elf ... is also from different settings, therefore irellevant to this topic. wink
Aswell as Tolkien elves ...
WoW elves ...
Legend of Zelda elves ...
Thor elves ...
Warhammer elves ...
And thousand of other elves ... so to make it more general, litteraly any "no-DnD" elves. wink
Funny I have found people can not read what I write or do not read it. For example age rating for any say nasty adult content I want to see is crystal clear adult only performers.

Well and then when I have first give example of a very short Elf Celebrity and one time mention a video wth tall adult Models with Ex Model singer and compare them to tall Elves peope assume I only like tall Elves? That is not true, but at same time I do not agree on humans being taller then Elves.

Perfect Elves? Tolkien High Elves. I also get OP idea as very good. Unfortuntely then you come with some TROLL ideas to make the BG3 Elves even much less Elf looking then they currently are.

Interesting this anti movement perhaps I should soon start to post on forums that Larian please under no circumstances do no release any more classes and subclasses. That could be compared to what you try do in this thread.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 07/08/21 11:54 AM.
veteran
veteran
I can feel your pain ...
You have my sympathies.
Yeah, thanks. I'm not trying that again. There are people, who really need some real life, instead of internet adult content.

Doctor Who
T
Banned
Banned
T
I can feel your pain ...
You have my sympathies.
Yeah, thanks. I'm not trying that again. There are people, who really need some real life, instead of internet adult content.
Offtopic and with that logic this game should not have any romanceable with companions.

I have never said that wife, husband, girfriend or boyfriend is wrong to have.
Lol with that like of why is there romance in the BG3 play?
You can even find on Internet using google:
Baldur's Gate 3 romance guide: All romanceable companions ..

I can tell you that on average women like more romance then most men do. Men might say they like romance and some do of course
others lie and like the xxx part. There are also some women that do not care anything about romance part, but are ok with adult side of
doing with men.

My brother have wife and 3 very young children and he still like The Witcher 3 and he like very much it has adult content.
I do not have children or wife, but a girlfriend from Tinder.
On topic. I want more more like Elves in OP or Tolkien High Elf.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 07/08/21 01:45 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Okay, one last time. I think the point that others have tried to make here is that BG3 takes place in the Forgotten Realms, not in Middle Earth.

Forgotten Realms Elves have their own characteristics that greatly differ from Middle-Earth Elves (like the fact that Forgotten Realms Elves are shorter than humans).

Hence, Middle-Earth lore is irrelevant to this discussion about making the Elves appearing in BG3 more like the lorewise Elves from the Forgotten Realms, who I agree a bit alien (as in inhuman) looking as it was demonstrated by the DnD concept art included on this subforum.

Adult content creators, Elves from other fantasy universes (WoW, Guildwars) are also irrelevant to our discussion.

PS: If you call the Noldo Elves "High Elves", then no Legolas was not a High Elf, as he is a Sindarin, a Wood Elf in Tolkien's lore (Galadriel was a Noldo elf, you can call her High Elf).

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by spacehamster95
Okay, one last time. I think the point that others have tried to make here is that BG3 takes place in the Forgotten Realms, not in Middle Earth.

Forgotten Realms Elves have their own characteristics that greatly differ from Middle-Earth Elves (like the fact that Forgotten Realms Elves are shorter than humans).

Hence, Middle-Earth lore is irrelevant to this discussion about making the Elves appearing in BG3 more like the lorewise Elves from the Forgotten Realms, who I agree a bit alien (as in inhuman) looking as it was demonstrated by the DnD concept art included on this subforum.

Adult content creators, Elves from other fantasy universes (WoW, Guildwars) are also irrelevant to our discussion.

PS: If you call the Noldo Elves "High Elves", then no Legolas was not a High Elf, as he is a Sindarin, a Wood Elf in Tolkien's lore (Galadriel was a Noldo elf, you can call her High Elf).
Bullshit Elves are not shorter then Humans. In fact Tolkien High Elves are pretty tall only the most tallerst humans can be same height. Generally Elves and Humans same tallness. In regard to muscles and how stocky then Humans on average are more that then Elves.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 07/08/21 02:58 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

Bullshit Elves are not shorter then Humans. In fact Tolkien High Elves are pretty tall only the most tallerst humans can be same height. Generally Elves and Humans same tallness. In regard to muscles and how stocky then Humans on average are more that then Elves.

"With their unearthly grace and fine features, elves appear hauntingly beautiful to humans and members of many other races. They are slightly shorter than humans on average, ranging from well under 5 feet tall to just over 6 feet. They are more slender than humans, weighing only 100 to 145 pounds. Males and females are about the same height, and males are only marginally heavier than females." (Player's Handbook 5e)

Here is the official material. I have no idea why do you find this so triggering.

Again, Tolkien is still irrelevant to this discussion about Forgotten Realms...

Last edited by spacehamster95; 07/08/21 03:08 PM.
T
Banned
Banned
T

"With their unearthly grace and fine features, elves appear hauntingly beautiful to humans and members of many other races. They are slightly shorter than humans on average, ranging from well under 5 feet tall to just over 6 feet. They are more slender than humans, weighing only 100 to 145 pounds. Males and females are about the same height, and males are only marginally heavier than females." (Player's Handbook 5e)

Here is the official material. I have no idea why do you find this so triggering.

Naah I follow Tolkien elves. Apparently 5th edition is not good then.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 07/08/21 03:28 PM.
veteran
veteran
I start to feel your pain ..
You have my sympathies. laugh

veteran
veteran
It's true elves are shorter than humans, but the more Tolkien inspired high elves are of similar height.

Races of Faerûn has their official heights and weights. I believe this is 3e (as in not 3.5)

Human, man 4´10” +2d10 120 lb. × (2d4) lb.
Human, woman 4´ 5” +2d10 85 lb. × (2d4) lb.
Elf, drow, female 4'5" +2d6 80 lb. ×(1d6) lb.
Elf, drow, male 4'5" +2d6 85 lb. ×(1d6) lb.
Elf, moon or sun, female 4'5" +2d10 70 lb. ×(2d4) lb.
Elf, moon or sun, male 4'10" +2d10 90 lb. ×(2d4) lb.
Elf, wild or wood, female 4'5" +2d10 80 lb. ×(2d4) lb.
Elf, wild or wood, male 4'10" +2d10 100 lb. ×(2d4) lb.

And this is 5e

Human 4'8" +2d10 110 lb. × (2d4) lb.
Dwarf, hill 3'8" +2d4 115 lb. × (2d6) lb.
Dwarf, mountain 4' +2d4 130 lb. × (2d6) lb.
Elf, high 4'6" +2d10 90 lb. × (1d4) lb.
Elf, wood 4'6" +2d10 100 lb. × (1d4) lb.
Halfling 2'7" +2d4 35 lb. × 1 lb.

All gotten from the intranet

veteran
veteran
Yeah, I Wish, elves would have a smaller bodyform to reflect the official DnD heights.

Doctor Who
S
addict
addict
S
The height and angle of eyes, Tolkien vs D&D, anomalies of either, does not matter. D&D elves are described as slender and graceful with fine features, with no facial hair and little body hair. Most importantly...this is the universally held stereotype of elves. What most people expect to see and want to roleplay as.

Compared to half-elves, elves (including drows - who really should be made a subrace elf instead of a separate race entirely), and in particular male elves, undeniably lack their fabled slender grace and fine features. We are presented with the opposite in fact; weird symmetries, smallish eyes contrasted by jutting jawlines. Even a "duck face" or two. Apart from the longer ears, the elves definitely look closer to humans (including the human racial variants for elves, but strangely not for half-elves) than half-elves who are much more "fey-like" and delicate.

Is this a big issue? Not relative some other topics. But it obviously matters quite a bit for the many who prefers to play elves (traditionally the second most popular race after humans). Personally speaking, I doubt I would even play an elf given the current roster.

Page 19 of 46 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 45 46

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard