Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 46 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 45 46
Wait so can the waypoint be moved? Or does it remain bound there!

So I finished my playthrough of patch 5, and I think my Gale is broken.
I tried for Gale to unlock the weave scene so I wanted him to like Tav.
Gale through the entire playthrough only had like 2 or 3 scenes, and he asked for the artifacts only 2 times. I had two more in the inventory, and he wouldn't take them. I don't have any dialogues regarding them and when we were passing near them Gale's dialogue that he is interested in them also didn't trigger. Gale hates my playthrough.

apprentice
apprentice
A lot of broken things this patch. Getting Vulcan crashes all the time. None of the story or companion quests will trigger for me either. Astarion never tries to bite me, never get visited by worm dream, none of the story lines from shadowheart trigger in the blighted village. Seems none of the story advances.

old hand
old hand
Hunter's Quarry for Ranger is not applying the extra damage against Undead in the first dungeon.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Shadowheart died on the bridge of the Nautiloid and I resurrected her on the beach.
When I tried to talk to her, we where teleported to the door which she normaly tries to open.

stranger
stranger
[img]http://preview.redd.it/amwvyevzaup7...4494f31a02564bd9cd661b78c055f90d15dfd071[/img]

Really Wyll? You can't possibly squeeze through here? Larian please fix the door ways and possibly also the base-plate circles to be a tiny bit smaller for allies...

Last edited by milkman; 26/09/21 12:23 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
1. When I killed a *injured* Hyena in combat, instead of the game displaying them as a dead body, they instead appear alive. Happened Twice.

2. Sometimes when playing as my Demon Character (female Mephistopheles Tiefling), the tail will go haywire all over the place.

3. When playing the game, the Companions will have pathing problems. Mainly for paths that require a jump, then a climb or two, then a rock script to climb. Not exactly in this order but the pathing involves 2 or more actions.

4. Sometimes during dialogue, the character will be glitched in a environmental mesh.

5. During the Cutscene of me hooking in the navigation cords(?) on that ship, while I fall around, in the background, you can see my companions just standing there.

6. In Druids Cove, by that smithing tent and the tielfing couple, theirs a rock ledge, when you jump down their to loot the skeleton, you cant jump back up.

Ive otherwise have had a smooth experience on the DirectX11 Launcher.

PS Dont know if this was mentioned somewhere in the comments.

L
stranger
stranger
L
The game crashes very often to the desktop without error and do not create a file crash report in the game folder. And if at the beginning of the first act the game crashed every 30 minutes, then at the end of the act in the goblin camp every 1-5 minutes, which makes it impossible to play. This is very annoying because the computer meets the recommended requirements.
p.s. sorry for my bad english

S
stranger
stranger
S
I am in the underdark and I ran into a group of two minotaur. There appears to be some mushrooms to the left of where i encountered them alongside two nightlight. I was in combat with these getting my butt handed to me when one of them hit me and knocked my character over the ledge. This is normal but I have to explain the process. I have shadowheart, lae'zel and gale as party members. I used several spells for each character in the battle but I cannot see the spell names because a minotaur has appeared at my mouse pointer and it seems as though I'm in edit mode being able to place the minotaur. It has a white silhouette, and is blacked out. I am able to continue the battle just fine and I have full functionality as far as I could tell but the minotaur on my cursor won't disappear or accept placement.

A
stranger
stranger
A
1.) I found an issue regarding the githyanki patrol. (After beeing wiped out during the initial try before even getting a turn,) I managed to win the encounter with some cheese strats. To keep most of my characters safe I triggered the cut scenes
with mage hand. However, this skipped the dialogs as well and led to having Lae' Zel as an enemy as well. After defeating the rest using fog cloud hiding, I managed to knock her out (without killing).
Since then, the game doesn't decide whether she is friendly or hostile to me:
- I had to make a long rest to bring her back from unconsciousness (healing didn't help)
- After the rest she was treated normally regarding inventory management and controls
- Having her near my party or in the camp will result in a fight:I control my 3 normal characters + Lae' Zel, time slows down and AoOs get triggered. Controlling both sides feels weird, especially if i don't want to fight...

2.) Sometimes Icons from spells/ abilities disappear from the hotbar and need to be dragged back into position.

3.) The AI's behavior against stealth needs some improvement (If every PC is hidden in a fog cloud, the AI won't do anything)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Patch#6
the Flat Rock under the Bridge at the River side at The Risen Road cant be opened. STR Check is made but when you f.e. take Flat Rock with Laezel you cant put the Heavy stone anywhere.
"Not enough space" or "Target is to far" message appears.
The Flat Rock is a lootcache with a BloodStone Gem in there normaly

old hand
old hand
Rolling is still bugged. Sometimes it considers it to be a fail and never adds the bonuses which should have made it a success.

O
stranger
stranger
O
The Necromancy of Thay can put you into an endless loop of combat with nothing once picked up.

I've tried reloading about a dozen times; disarmed the gargoyles before-hand; leaving them armed before picking the book up; etc. Nothing is helping this bug and I can't advance that quest whatsoever now. There are no enemies present and skipping character turns just loops into an endless loop. Not sure if anyone else has encountered this issue.

journeyman
journeyman
Lots of times the game randomly takes a nosedive to 20 fps and never gets fixed unless i alt tab out of and back to the game.

K
stranger
stranger
K
While in spider form my druid can't jump

S
stranger
stranger
S
Game crashers on start-up
Ever since Hotfix 15 (back in August), BG3 consistently crashes on launch (same place every time), about 25% of load meter, with the Shadowheart background picture.
Been working with tech support and trying the various support suggestions, but nothing has worked.
I am on a PC (Dell/Alienware) using Steam and Nvidia drivers.
Tried uninstall/re-install, validate flies, update drivers, no other programs running, Vulcan and direct X, launching from exe, admin from exe, modifying exe, changing folder names, deleting older folders/files; but nothing has worked!
Was hoping Patch 6 and Hotfix 16 would help, but still same problem.
Any suggestions from the community?

addict
addict
Game performance is pretty dodgy.

Decided to come back to it for patch 6 and give the sorcerer a go. My favorite class. Yay!

Tutorial area was fine, quite impressed with the changes so far. Great.

Soon as I get down to the beach, stuttering. Horrible, horrible stuttering. Doesn't matter what settings I change, it still runs like trash.

What happened? Used to run this thing on Ultra with no issues?(16 GB RAM, RTX 2060). Had to move it to my HDD because I didnt have the room to install the update on my SSD. Other than load times, I haven't had issues... til I got out off the ship.

journeyman
journeyman
Apart from the game running WAY worse than last patch (some stutters, some extreme fps drops to the 20s territory, sometimes without any reason it goes from 60-70 fps to 10 and it wont get fixed unless i alt-tab)
Some other things i noticed

When you meet astarion , his animation got fcked. If you dont make the persuation check ... he puts the knife to your throat. when i headbutt him , he comes up and his posture is wacky makes no sense.

Forgot to take a screen of that. In continuation of that scene then he holds his dagger like this
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

In the Grove when we talk with Nettie the cut-scene is gone , now it looks like this

When we find the dying dwarf , there is a tadpole coming out of his eye. The tadpole after its initial appearance it becomes invisible in every other cutscene.

When Raphael transports us to his mansion , he takes on his original form. Welp... he is broken.

Back at the camp, when we find out that Astarion is a bloodthirsty vamp... the cutscene is gone. Its now replaced with dialogue boxes

I noticed corpses of monsters already dead , or ones that i killed they keep standing. On one occassion a hyena wasnt just standing , it appeared to be breathing to. something broke there too.

Lots of times in cutscenes lighting goes OFF THE RAIL. Like completely random lighting or extreme luminosity

N
stranger
stranger
N
I went to Gyrmforge and fast traveled to the Ancient Forge.

I then went to the cliffside overlooking the temple, located exactly at:
X: 645
Y: 259

While standing here, I went camping.

When I came back from camp to this spot, it dropped 50% of my character's inventory, most of which consisted of books & keys.

This took me from 75 weight to ~55, roughly. All but 20 of my keys (older ones) were dropped. A few weapons, most consumables, couple misc items.

Luckily, I'm done with the newest patch and early access, but for someone in the middle of Gyrmforge content, this could devastate their gameplay.

[img]https://imgur.com/MYJJJ8j[/img]

Last edited by Nippers; 29/10/21 03:02 AM. Reason: Adding picture
S
stranger
stranger
S
Giving up on BG3. Uninstalled (for the last time) and requested refund.
Since Hotfix 15 (back in August), BG3 has failed to launch. Game crashes on launch (same place every time), about 25% of load meter, with Shadowheart’s background picture, with an ‘application hang’ error.
I am on a PC (Dell/Alienware) using Steam. I have been communicating with tech support (several email exchanges) and have gone through the various support technical issues.
Tried uninstall/re-install, validated flies, update drivers, uninstall and reinstall drivers, no other programs running, Vulcan and direct X updated, launching from exe, admin from exe, modifying exe, changing folder names, deleting files, changed drives, and even updated to Windows 11…but nothing has worked!
Never had so much frustration from a game before.

Page 35 of 46 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard