Next Thread
Print Thread
#786616 12/08/21 09:49 AM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hello there.
This one will be short. smile

As many of you probably remembers, the Dragon from Githyanki patrol was attackable in past patches ... then Larian decided to make him invulnerable. :-/
Personaly i hope this is simply placeholder, until they implement all his proper dragon attacks ...
Yet i feel urge to ask for making Dragon attackable, AND(!!!) part of githyanki patrol, when attacked.

Make it incredibly powerfull, feel free to allow it to wipe our party in two turns even without help of other Gith ...
Certainly dont make it fly away when combat starts ... its lame and dont make any sence. :-/
Give us option to trick Kithrak to leave, and then attack Beretha. (That would not be so hard actualy ... we simply confrim our mandate, he give us ... then Bereta should ask us something like "why dou didnt leave allready? there is no time to waste!" ... and we either obey, or attack)
Give us option to screw things up completely, and being attacked by Kithrak and his dragon! (In fact that should be litteraly any other discusion outcome, that leads to fight right now)

Some people would hate that you create antoher conversation trap, that leads to certain death (as you did with Dying Mind Flayer) ... but i swear i would love it!
And im pretty sure i would not be the only one. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
How about they make it so that if one's player profile in the game contains the word "ragnarok" then the tadpole is just a second late in activating during the opening cinematic of Act 1? Some people might dislike that a little bit... But I swear I would love it!

smile

On a serious note, I wouldn't mind the dragon being activateable while it is around, but I don't think it should stick around to wipe out a low level party by default. That is overtuning the encounter. and frankly there's no reason why someone who was gifted with their very own oversized lizard-bird should feel the least bit interested in roasting a couple of rag-tag level 3 or 4 nobodies.

So if you want a shot at killing that dragon early on, you would have to start the fight by attacking the dragon. In that case it and the fellow on it stick around and you'll have to contend with a dragon and five giths.

veteran
veteran
The dragon knight should never land and the kith'raks dialogue should be given to Sarth Baretha. Show the flyover but save the actual encounter for later. Then you don't have to deal with writing an awkward exit for the dragon just because you wanted to show off the model early. Or have the rider take off at the end of a cutscene before the party goes down there.

Why does everything need to be crammed into act I? There's much more game left and more level appropriate opportunities to introduce stuff like dragons.

The way Larian are frontloading all powerful creatures and grandiose themes into act I and cinematics, I'm not going to be impressed with anything anymore at higher levels. Pacing. Restraint. Please.

Last edited by 1varangian; 12/08/21 11:31 AM.
Originally Posted by 1varangian
The way Larian are frontloading all powerful creatures and grandiose themes into act I and cinematics, I'm not going to be impressed with anything anymore at higher levels. Pacing. Restraint. Please.

Yeah, the way Larian dialed everything up to eleven from the second you set your foot on the beach in act one feels a bit weird. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep the pacing through the rest of the acts when the game is realeased.

apprentice
apprentice
A bit of a turn-off I know. When I saw that red Dragon first time, I was reluctant to approach at all. grin
After mastering the arts of preperation & barrelmancy, also having my beholder-bottle at the ready - I was eager to fight him.
But he phased out anyways. A bit of a disappointment.

Was looking forward to at least one encounter that would walk all over me.
And to find not a single way how to beat it - since it was not intended for us to prevail here.
But our disrespectful attack towards a gigantic being that should trample us down to seize, had disappointingly less consequences. :|

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] <- *click*
B
B
Well, if they make the dragon attackable they need to add a story arc where you kill the dragon. Sure, it's breath weapon can oneshot pretty much every PC, but only if it gets a chance to use it. Keep in mind it's a young red dragon, so no legendary resistances, no legendary actions and just a +4 to its Wis save. It would be a very hard fight, but not impossible.
So assuming that they don't want us to be able to defeat the dragon, the better solution would be to have Baretha talk to us and have the dragon fly away in the initial cutscene, so we can never interact with it in that situation.

Link Copied to Clipboard