Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Playing again, and I just can't stop thinking, why I can't have the dialogue option to attack, kill a dude who literally puts a knife at my MC's throat and threaten to kill her, while Gale just because he shows up and greets you, you have such option? That makes no sense.

veteran
veteran
I'm not particularly annoyed about attacking it not being an immediate dialogue option, you can still do it if you want.
Speaking of that particular first encounter, I'm far more annoyed that you can have a character wrestling you into the ground and putting knife at your throat with your other companions watching at the sidelines without a single care in the world.

That's a very hard sell, logically speaking, even if they aren't exactly your best friends yet.

Last edited by Tuco; 12/08/21 03:55 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
OP Offline
That's also annoying, it's like,in DOS2 when you can have a full party and when Sebille literally presses her needle deep at your throat and wrestle you, the other companions just watch as well. And now, attacking just by attacking is not what I meant, I mean the actual dialogue, like he tried to kill me, I will kill him instead option.

Like, you literally get a dialogue saying you don't trust the man who just greeted you and was by no means a threat by doing that. So, what's the point of not having a similar option for Astarion? That's my point.

Last edited by Avallonkao; 12/08/21 04:05 PM.
veteran
veteran
That option was there until Patch 4 (or 3? not sure now) ... where "combat" button was removed from Bottom Left Corner ...
I never understanded why. frown

Its true you still can attack him, but only if you have another team member that attack him for you, while your character is locked in conversation.
Or only after you talk to him and after you are kinda forced to accept his apology. -_-

One of 10 worse decisions i have seen so far. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 12/08/21 04:48 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
journeyman
journeyman
Rather than trying to make this scenario make sense, the best choice would be to scrap his introductory scene altogether and have him try a more charming approach. I mean he's supposedly spent lifetimes lulling people to false sense of security, so he should be able to pull off a polite introduction. Edit: Of course any reworked scene should have the option to kill him. At the current state, the character is, among other things, way too murderous to justify his presence in the party as anything but a curious betrayal waiting to happen, unless you overlook his introduction and his rapey feeding habits.

Well, at least he's sort of accurate depiction of what the aristocracy is like.

Last edited by IdPreferNotTo; 12/08/21 05:01 PM.

The promise of being led to death is reason enough to follow.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by IdPreferNotTo
Rather than trying to make this scenario make sense, the best choice would be to scrap his introductory scene altogether and have him try a more charming approach. I mean he's supposedly spent lifetimes lulling people to false sense of security, so he should be able to pull off a polite introduction. At the current state, the character is, among other things, way too murderous to justify his presence in the party as anything but a curious betrayal waiting to happen, unless you overlook his introduction and his rapey feeding habits.

+1 ... he should be Noble after all. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
OP Offline
Rather than trying to make this scenario make sense, the best choice would be to scrap his introductory scene altogether and have him try a more charming approach. I mean he's supposedly spent lifetimes lulling people to false sense of security, so he should be able to pull off a polite introduction. Edit: Of course any reworked scene should have the option to kill him. At the current state, the character is, among other things, way too murderous to justify his presence in the party as anything but a curious betrayal waiting to happen, unless you overlook his introduction and his rapey feeding habits.

I totally agree with this. It would be much more interesting for a noble Vampire to approach like this. +1

veteran
veteran
that intro completely turned me off of Astarion for all future playthroughs. They could have gone with a smooth/manipulative start but instead chose the "look in the bushes!!!!" and then tries to kill me when i WALK AWAY because he thinks i'm trying to kill him? What? Not to mention how silly it is for 2 other party members to just sit there watching all of this happen.

veteran
veteran
I want to kill Astarion solely for being an annoying, brooding Twilight 'vampire' and I did kill him a few times without even talking to him. Or gave him to the Gur - that one is fun...But the last one has the negative side effect, that you probably see him again.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran

+1 I found his introduction to be shaky when it comes to execution, but also very off putting. It’s not that he tries to kill us to start with, but that he is miserably transparent and horrible at it. Awkward rolling on the ground doesn’t help the matter. I think I overall would like Astarion better if he was half competent at being manipulative.

Link Copied to Clipboard