Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
stranger
stranger
K
the actual mastermind behind this whole emerging epic plot is .......scratch !

old hand
old hand
Edwin, Tiax, and Imoen. It all makes sense now... The absolute...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Nay. So far story doesn't even revolve around mindslayers, with hells and "Absolute" playing far bigger role. Tadpole is just a plot device.

I still firmly believe the absoluite is an elder brain.

Love and sausages xx
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
That just sounds lame. There's no way in hell that's the plot of the game. Besides, if the player was a mind flayer then why would other mindflayers be hostile and try to kill them?

It's going to end up with Bhall at some point. Because he's yet to ressurect. He'll find a way somehow. Then we finally finish him in a boss fight (or talking sense into him or something). This will happen after the absolute storyline though. The absolute themselves are tools of a larger power at play. As are the mind flayers. Gith attacking the ship. A hunt for the artifact. Demons involved. Someone is playing all sides here. There's simply too much going on at once for this to be down to one side alone. The absolute themselves will turn out to be some cult (if a powerful one. But still small time). Then the larger power at play will start to reveal itself.

And keep in mind what the bhall ability was like in BG2. It's basically like the tadpole. It's "inside of you". The tadpole then could be an experiment to try and create tools. Be it to commit murder, steal or whatever else. That wouldn't just benefit Bhall. That ends up benefiting basically anyone. This also explains Shadowheart a bit more. Who herself is blindly serving a goddess. Hmm... Someone pulling the strings to control the gods where you actually have to revive Bhall to stop them could be interesting. That would be a plot twist. Think of it like the first Dawn of War game. Wars happen. Blood gets spilt. You're doing the killing anyway. So it's quite possible Bhall can be ressurrected accidently. With the tadpoles serving as a sort of focus for it.

Kind of like this.

Last edited by Taramafor; 12/08/21 08:44 PM.
addict
addict
Bhall was resurrected before BG3 when Viekang and Abdel fought about(over?) 100 years after the events of BG2. The events in Throne of Bhall appear to be noncanon (The Solar, being the last Bhall spawn etc)

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 12/08/21 09:10 PM.
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
Bhall was resurrected before BG3 when Viekang and Abdel fought about(over?) 100 years after the events of BG2. The events in Throne of Bhall appear to be noncanon (The Solar, being the last Bhall spawn etc)

Viekang was a plot hole in ToB anyway, since he had a good chance to suriveve the events regardless.
I do actually have an idea to explain the discrepancies:

If the Bhaalspawn rejects godhood, the Solar takes the taint from Gorians Ward and Imoen and seals it in ( i think) celestia.
The spellplague damages the the seal and the taint is slowly dripping back. Imeon is weakened during the spellplague and a mad Viekang kills her. And later attacks the last remaining other Bhaalspawn and whoever dies gains the full essence and turns into Bhaal.

If the Bhaalspawn accept goodhood, s/he becomes a lesser god and scrambles for faith. During the second sundering, AO takes the godhood away and the former good reincarnates as a mortal again. Viekang, still alive, is driven mad by the return of his taint and attacks the Bhaalspawn.

Both are just headcanon, but I do kinda hope Larian inserts some hints, how ToB and Murder in Baldur's Gate are connected.
..Maybe Amelyssan herself explains it to us.. laugh

Argument against Imoen: The Absolut does not have an obsetion with pink.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Most likely, I think the twist is the identity of the absolute AND the exact why we aren't turning, our purpose.
Squid cosplaying aside, I suspect there's some kind of plot for "get critical mass of people to become infected, controlled by 'officers' that all answer directly to someone trying to become a god(ess)".
How and why the Illithid would buy into helping this I'm not sure, assuming it's not some sort of elder brain pulling the strings.

Originally Posted by Tuco
I'm actually guessing the core plot point will turn out to be the genesis/return of some unknown/forgotten god.
Parroting a bit the Bhaalspawn saga, basically.
Possible, but right now I think BG3 is playing up something which was mostly background for the BG1/2: how much of yourself are you willing to change/sacrifice for power?

Last edited by Some_Twerp753; 13/08/21 01:28 PM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I doubt we're have anyting from ToB tying in with BG3. It's moot for the story.

Remember, Bhall is the god of murder (death in general really). He might have made a bunch of kids, but like chaos says with Korn (the blood god) "It matters not from where the blood is spilled. Only that it flows." Murder is simply a prefered method.

Basically the kids just help. But death is never stopping. How can you stop a god from ressurrecting if they're going to revive on death?

Bhall is basically the grim reaper. Which makes a lot of sense thinking about it. But that's also why he might be needed. To keep the world in balance. Even if you kick a god down for a few hundred years, they're gods. And can ressurrect.

The only way to defeat a god like Bhall would be to sever their connection from everything that can die when you defeat them. Or otherwise convince them to change their ways somehow.

Last edited by Taramafor; 13/08/21 11:01 PM.
D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by urktheturtle
I just saw a quote from Larian, that amounted to "you guys have no idea what we have in store for you"

Im pretty sure I do... and I am I a bit concerned Larian thinks its more clever than it is.

The player is already a mind flayer, and so is everyone else... there is no going back, because our brains have been fully replaced by the tadpole already. We just dont look like a Mind Flayer, and we are operating off the memories of the person whose body we stole.

Like thats the plot twist right? thats the thing you will drop on us in the middle of the last act, and be like "how do you feel knowing you are the shadoooooow of a persoooon oooooohhhhhhhhh spoopy woah you arent you woah"
I very much doubt that will be the plot twist honestly. And if it was you can come back and be smug about it :P

There seems to be a story line with the cult in the area and IIRC the book (escape from Avernus I think?) that took place jjust prior to BG3. Theres bound to be tie ins and plothooks from that angle as well. That said there seem to be several story lines running through the area and its currently hard to see which is tied into the overall story and which ones are tied to the area that we get to play in.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard