Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 87 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 86 87
Joined: Dec 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Dec 2020
Originally Posted by acatlas
4 Player party vs 6 player party this is another detriment to BG3 the 4 character party really limits what you can do with the group especially when you factor in mercenarys that were mentions down the road. Which is also in WOTR. Having that option for a custom party and having a 6 character party lets you get those story elements in with other characters and still lets you build the party the way you want. It also helps with having a necessary diversity to deal with different situations and encounters. Thinking of your typical party what comes to mind is wanting that diversity in your setup wanting 1 character to heal, wanting your skill based character in a rogue or a bard, your ranged caster, your melee fighter and your melee tank. + the additional off setting character who might be a ranged dps, a divine caster ect. There is more diversity options for you to customize your party the way you want to build it having a larger group.

I generally don't have a stake in this particular argument as it boils down to encounter balance at the end of the day. But you are correct in that party diversity is going to be an issue when you compare a 4 person party to a 6 person party. I remember when PoE went from 6 party members to 5 in PoE2. It had a huge effect on the community's perception of class balance in the end. Classes with more generalized roles like Druid were suddenly seen as straight up inferior to classes with more specialized roles such as Wizards and Clerics in PoE2, and Rangers also caught some heat for KOed animal companions resulting in the ranger suffering significant stat penalties on top of that.

Personally, I run the following main party in WotR.

- Seelah (main tank/highly mobile melee bruiser when mounted)
- Camellia (front line sub-tank/melee damage/divine or nature-based caster)
- Ember (buffer/crowd control/debuffer)
- Eldritch Archer MC (hybrid arcane caster/ranged DPS)
- Arueshalae (pure ranged DPS/divine or nature-based support caster)
- Lann (pure ranged DPS/back line tank, specialized into shortbows instead of longbows)
(There is also the dragon Aivu as a permanent 7th party member, who acts as an AoE blaster and sub-tank with a spammable cone breath attack)

If I had to drop 2 party members from that setup for a 4 person party, I would most likely end up dropping Lann and either Ember or Camellia. Note that I have 3 archers in this setup, but all three cover distinctly different roles.

Meanwhile, I run the following in BG3.

- Bard MC (archer/support caster tank)
- Shadowheart (divine caster tank)
- Wyll (arcane caster)
- Gale (arcane caster)

Granted, I can replace Wyll or Gale with Lae'zel or Astarion for some much needed melee damage, though I'm not fond of them on a personal preference level. I would drop Wyll in a heartbeat if we got a Paladin or Druid party member. Assuming BG3 has a companion of all 10 base classes, my final party setup if we were to have a 6 person party instead would look like the below.

- Bard MC
- Shadowheart
- Gale
- Druid companion
- Paladin companion
- Monk companion

If I run a 4 person party, I'd most likely end up dropping the Monk and Druid. My original plan was to drop Shadowheart in favor of the Paladin to make room for the Druid, but it's now become blatantly obvious that she's meant to be BG3's version of Morrigan, and her presence in the party now comes off as absolutely essential for the story. (It's worth noting that I consider Arueshalae to have a similar role in WotR in terms of being 'essential', but not as much as Shadowheart.)

Admittedly, BG3's party diversity might only feel like it's in a bad spot right now because there are so few companions to begin with along with available classes at the moment. It's why I really hope that the next patch introduces a new party member (hopefully the Druid) along with a new class.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 12/08/21 11:35 PM.
Joined: Mar 2020
Location: Belfast
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Mar 2020
Location: Belfast
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
I have met many people in the PoE community especially who absolutely refuse to credit DOS2 as being part of the cRPG resurrection at all, let alone contributing much more to the cause than PoE did, which is where the DOS2 VS PoE2 animosity came from back in the day - and now the goalposts have been shifted to the Pathfinder games.
I mean, if my memory serves me well Wasteland2 and PoE1 met with major success on Kickstarter, and other titles followed, including Divinity: Original Sin (though whenever D:OS1 campaign is a direct result or just correlation is unknown to me).

D:OSs definitely stick out from “cRPG renesaince” as they are not nostalgia driven, and provided a different RPG experience, with innovative coop implementation. It doesn’t evoke fallout/baldurs gate/Planescape in a way that Wasteland2, Pillars of Eternity, Pathfinder or Disco Elysium do. So if for someone “cRPG renesaince” is all about recapturing the appeal of those classic cRPG then they do have a point. D:OS1&2 IMO are cRPG, as they too try to bring tabletop like experience into computer setting, albeit their approach is quite different and fresh.


Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
A lot of the flaws of PoE2 and its ultimate failure are now even generally attributed to resources being diverted in an attempt to chase after DOS2's popularity (full voice acting being the big one), at the cost of resources that could have been spent improving the actual game (namely fleshing out the actual companions, the vast majority of the companion quests could be done in less than 10 minutes after you start them, and the dev team were straight up quoted in an interview saying they weren't any meatier because they were expensive to create).
That’s a bunch nonesense. If I remember Sawyer’s GDC talk correctly Obsidian invested into PoE2 far more money BECAUSE how well D:OS2 did compared to well received D:OS1, and they hoped for he same when moving from success of PoE1 to PoE2. Still, most of PoE2 must have taken shape before D:OS2 launched - games aren’t made within a year’s time.

Full VO was strain but it was a late addition, and therefore didn’t influence content - game wasn’t created with full VO in mind. It might have contributed to unpolished launch, distracting key devs from polishing other stuff, but that’s about it. Surprisingly enough, if there was a money sink that wasted money and manpower it were: ship-combat, and convoluted relationship system. Ship-combat being forced upon Sawyer from one of the higher ups in spite of it proving to be a unenjoyable money sink before fig campaign, and the other was well intention idea of Sawyer that turn out really really badly.

“Vision quests” in PoE2 are lame indeed, but that ignores sheer content and reactivity that Obsidian gave to companions in regular conversation, which tramps any other comparable RPG. Still, nothing works as well, as a satisfying story arcs, and those were missing in Deadfire, unfortunately. Personally, I would attribute it to lack of strong narrative lead - while I like Sawyer a lot, I don’t think he has a knack for storytelling.

Last edited by Wormerine; 12/08/21 09:41 PM.
Joined: Apr 2020
Location: Boston , MA
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2020
Location: Boston , MA
Originally Posted by Wormerine
D:OSs definitely stick out from “cRPG renesaince” as they are not nostalgia driven, and provided a different RPG experience, with innovative coop implementation. It doesn’t evoke fallout/baldurs gate/Planescape in a way that Wasteland2, Pillars of Eternity, Pathfinder or Disco Elysium do.

I would say that Disco Elysium is as innovative as DOS2 or even more. Even though Planescape and DE are superbly written and more story driven/adventure RPGs, they have completely different settings, themes, atmosphere, art direction and play-style. It is a genuine original game, probably more than DOS2. Not like like BG/PoE or Fallout/Wasteland.The thought cabinet for example is genius mechanic (even though it could be more meaningful in the game).


Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
T
addict
Offline
addict
T
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
Originally Posted by Tuco
Honestly I thought I was loving the WOTR beta, but the more I progress in it, the more I get genuinely annoyed about how OVERTUNED most of the encounters are when playing at "core rules".
At least playing in turn-based model it feels like basically any fight is desijavascript: void(0)gned to make you survive only if give 100% of what's in your arsenal AND if RNG is on your side.
Found this post.... responding to this now. I am curious. Pathfinder makers Owlcat said they would make Pathfinder 2 more easy from the ruthless challenge of Pathfinder 1. Well if nothing else then that make more settings you can change in settings to make it more easy. Personally I would dump somatic component (you need hand free for spellcasting) immediately at least in Solasta I got really annoyed by it. In real pen and paper a GM either understand in less then 3 seconds if I say I drop item and cast spell and many friendly GM do also ignore the somatic component rule in Pen and Paper Dnd sessions.

However I dislike a solution if you are forced to make challenge more easy from table top rules example enemies less hitpoints etc.
Well my question for Pathfinder 2 players since I have not played it is this:
Do you think the rules that are most close to real Dnd Rules are to tough challenge in Pathfinder 2 (
well lets say you can ignore somatic component rule but everyhting else as in DnD Pathfinder)?

I am not talking about if you take most easy challenge level or most hard challenge level.
Well and is Pathfinder 2 any more easy then Pathfinder 1 in challenge combat?

I know that many player can say what is this I played through Pathfinder 1 no problem. Pathfinder 1 got much criticism due to a bit unpolished (bugs) and then to hard challenge level.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 13/08/21 12:20 AM.
Joined: Dec 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Dec 2020
That's the first time I've seen that Disco Elysium video, and I am now reminded that I bought it nearly two years ago but never got around to playing it, even if I already recognize how genius that game's writing is. That talk at the beginning as I am watching the video about the position of dialogue boxes is actually really fascinating, and I agree that it's a far better approach.

I wonder how much Disco Elysium has sold? I know it got a huge boost out of winning the most awards at the VGAs two years ago.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 13/08/21 12:55 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Games journalism is a trash fire, but they're floating numbers around 2 million copies of Disco Elysium sold, and that was before the Final Cut release. It's unclear where they get their numbers.
As far as I know digital sales are hard to come by.

They're making a sequel, and they felt comfortable enough to go back and voice every line of dialogue, so well I think.

I'm not sure DOS2 is really a innovative entry into the cRPG canon, either in terms of narrative or combat, but I see a real effort to make a game with a sandbox environment that wouldn't break if you changed variables. Kill this NPC or steal their plot item and the game compensates for it, even if it doesn't drastically change the way the story goes. you'll never see: "With this character's death, the thread of prophecy is severed. Restore a saved game to restore the weave of fate, or persist in the doomed world you have created"

I think there's certainly been a renaissance of cRPGs lately but like with everything most of the stories are forgettable, and mechanically they're all variations of on the same game. Which means that the most compelling games are ones that put your party into interesting combat scenarios, Larian does pretty well with this, Pathfinder 1 I think did pretty well too, but I can't really remember most of the dungeons and bosses of any of the other games mentioned. (not that that is the last word)

Joined: Apr 2020
Location: Boston , MA
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2020
Location: Boston , MA
The environment interaction, the surfaces (even if overused), the "tactical turn-based combat", the co-op experience brought some fresh air into CRPGs in a time when there was nothing really creative going on.

But Disco Elysium is far more original than DOS2, even if less influential. Calling a Planescape clone like Tides of Numenera is an insult to the game.

Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Who me? I love Disco Elysium, it's the future more than DOS2 could hope to be.
Originally Posted by Sozz
I'm not sure DOS2 is really an innovative entry into the cRPG canon

I was saying in the three ways I typically measure cRPGs: Story, Rules, and "Combat"/ Scenarios, most of the new cRPGs we've been getting in this post-Bioware era rarely have very interesting stories(though some interesting premises), the rules they use are reworks or responses to D&D 5e, which is fine but rarely innovative (and with the MMO-ification of things often regressive). Which leaves making interesting combat scenarios, DOS2's use of environment interaction did a lot to make its combat more interesting, and Kingmaker had some nice old-fashioned dungeons and monster puzzles, but their story and mechanics still were more a secondary concern. Unlike the Obsidian Bioware spin-offs that sold themselves as story forward companies, but didn't really deliver on what Rpgs stories should be working towards.

Disco Elysium is certainly my favorite RPG to come out in a long time, I like a classless skill based system, I liked how the skills interfaced with the story, I like how skills reacted to min-maxing, and I liked how it supported role-playing. I've heard people quibble with the 'mystery' at the center of the game but it was pretty clear to me early on the game wasn't really about solving a murder, even if that is your raison d'etre. I'd say Disco is the reverse of what I find lacking in the above, it's a story first game, with a innovative rpg system, the scenarios on the other hand, they're all bespoke, I still haven't made up my mind about it really.

Disco Elysium makes me wonder where the line between visual novel and cRPG is, especially in the wake of recent criticism of Bioware's stories being "Choose Your Own Adventure" games with a combat system to carry you from choice to choice.

Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Italy
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Italy
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
That's the first time I've seen that Disco Elysium video, and I am now reminded that I bought it nearly two years ago but never got around to playing it, even if I already recognize how genius that game's writing is. That talk at the beginning as I am watching the video about the position of dialogue boxes is actually really fascinating, and I agree that it's a far better approach.

I wonder how much Disco Elysium has sold? I know it got a huge boost out of winning the most awards at the VGAs two years ago.

Wait, you never played it? That's illegal. But yeah, you should. It's an instant classic.
In before Icelyn "I never played it but I prefer BG3".

Also, it approaches 40K Steam reviews at this point. Safe to say it sold a buttload of copies.
Still, not as much as DOS 2, which is now approaching 100K reviews.

It's not really a hard rule and there could be outliers, but as a general indication keep in mind that a lot of devs suggest to take the number of Steam reviews and multiply it by 50 to have a rough estimation of copies sold for most games.



Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Originally Posted by Tuco
Honestly I thought I was loving the WOTR beta, but the more I progress in it, the more I get genuinely annoyed about how OVERTUNED most of the encounters are when playing at "core rules".
At least playing in turn-based model it feels like basically any fight is desijavascript: void(0)gned to make you survive only if give 100% of what's in your arsenal AND if RNG is on your side.
Found this post.... responding to this now. I am curious. Pathfinder makers Owlcat said they would make Pathfinder 2 more easy from the ruthless challenge of Pathfinder 1. Well if nothing else then that make more settings you can change in settings to make it more easy. Personally I would dump somatic component (you need hand free for spellcasting) immediately at least in Solasta I got really annoyed by it. In real pen and paper a GM either understand in less then 3 seconds if I say I drop item and cast spell and many friendly GM do also ignore the somatic component rule in Pen and Paper Dnd sessions.

However I dislike a solution if you are forced to make challenge more easy from table top rules example enemies less hitpoints etc.
Well my question for Pathfinder 2 players since I have not played it is this:
Do you think the rules that are most close to real Dnd Rules are to tough challenge in Pathfinder 2 (
well lets say you can ignore somatic component rule but everyhting else as in DnD Pathfinder)?

I am not talking about if you take most easy challenge level or most hard challenge level.
Well and is Pathfinder 2 any more easy then Pathfinder 1 in challenge combat?

I know that many player can say what is this I played through Pathfinder 1 no problem. Pathfinder 1 got much criticism due to a bit unpolished (bugs) and then to hard challenge level.
I have no idea of what you are even attempting to ask, frankly.

Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Italy
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Italy
Originally Posted by <Redacted>
<Redacted>
I didn't hate it one single bit... But then again I listened to the warnings before starting the game and I played setting it to its easiest mode.
Maybe it actually used to be a pain at first.

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 08:38 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by <Redacted>
<Redacted>
I didn't hate it one single bit... But then again I listened to the warnings before starting the game and I played setting it to its easiest mode.
Maybe it actually used to be a pain at first.

Game was a crap show when it first launched cause they needed more funding. So people that picked up the game got a beta version. Tons and tons of bugs broken crap, missing feats (which i wouldn't be shocked if its still that was). They had exotic gear like Sai's an such at the small inn, but you wouldn't see a handcrossbow.

Been a real long time, generally what I remember before Uninstalling, never reached passed the first chapter.

I've said this before, pretty sure PFKM would be a more better comparison to BG3. Both games are a first and both seem to be a work in progress.

Last edited by Raze; 16/03/22 08:38 AM. Reason: deleted forum account
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
T
addict
Offline
addict
T
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Originally Posted by Tuco
Honestly I thought I was loving the WOTR beta, but the more I progress in it, the more I get genuinely annoyed about how OVERTUNED most of the encounters are when playing at "core rules".
At least playing in turn-based model it feels like basically any fight is desijavascript: void(0)gned to make you survive only if give 100% of what's in your arsenal AND if RNG is on your side.
Found this post.... responding to this now. I am curious. Pathfinder makers Owlcat said they would make Pathfinder 2 more easy from the ruthless challenge of Pathfinder 1. Well if nothing else then that make more settings you can change in settings to make it more easy. Personally I would dump somatic component (you need hand free for spellcasting) immediately at least in Solasta I got really annoyed by it. In real pen and paper a GM either understand in less then 3 seconds if I say I drop item and cast spell and many friendly GM do also ignore the somatic component rule in Pen and Paper Dnd sessions.

However I dislike a solution if you are forced to make challenge more easy from table top rules example enemies less hitpoints etc.
Well my question for Pathfinder 2 players since I have not played it is this:
Do you think the rules that are most close to real Dnd Rules are to tough challenge in Pathfinder 2 (
well lets say you can ignore somatic component rule but everyhting else as in DnD Pathfinder)?

I am not talking about if you take most easy challenge level or most hard challenge level.
Well and is Pathfinder 2 any more easy then Pathfinder 1 in challenge combat?


I know that many player can say what is this I played through Pathfinder 1 no problem. Pathfinder 1 got much criticism due to a bit unpolished (bugs) and then to hard challenge level.
Originally Posted by Tuco
I have no idea of what you are even attempting to ask, frankly.
Well one more try.

If you choose dificulty settings in Pathfinder 2 as closes to real Pen and Paper DnD Pathfinder is that any easier then Pathfinder 1 when in Pathfinder 1 chose most close to real Pen and Paper settings?

I am curious because Pathfinder 1 got critism of being to difficult game.

Here a link to what people complained about Pathfinder 1:
Gamespot article named:
Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous Won't Repeat Kingmaker's Mistakes
Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous Won't Repeat Kingmaker's Mistakes

Ah now I see while you can play in Early access
Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous full release date is Planned Release Date: 2 September, 2021

Well I guess I have to read reviews after release date.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 13/08/21 07:00 AM.
Joined: Aug 2018
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Joined: Aug 2018
Originally Posted by BraveSirRobin
Originally Posted by SerraSerra
That being said, I am really getting annoyed by how your post and several others in the past weeks/months construct a straw man to try and degenerate the discussions on this forum into a kind of idiotic gamergate reactionary bullshit. Gay people exist, feminine males and masculine females and everything in between exists, people having sexual intercourse with whomever they want exist, so please do yourself a favour and take your bullshit attempts to politicize games back to /pol or parler. It really blows my mind that such narrow-minded frustrated infantile idiots like you feel the constant need to bring up other people's sexuality and gender experience on a forum about a videogame set in an imaginary world. Like what the fuck is wrong with you guys, if you're so obsessed by the gay and queer perhaps you should start questioning yourself why the fuck you even care this much about it as apparently most other people seem to simply not care how people think about and what they do about their genitalia and agree it is total bullshit to oppress people because of what they say, think, and do with said genitalia. I can't stop thinking about that Hungarian anti-gay EU parliamentarian who made his career out of targeting LGTBQ and the "gender" agenda and got caught with plenty of mdma pills and other drugs on a clandestine gay chem-sex party during lockdown. Kinda validates my hypothesis that the most vocal opponents of 'the gay' are those who truly feel 'the call of the gay' inside of them but chose to fight it - and thus themselves - instead of simply embracing their own homo-erotic fantasies and without realizing the fact that they feel so threatened by 'the gay' living rent free in their heads is more telling about their own fragile sexuality in denial than about 'the gay' and society ...
Now please bugger off and take your cringe anti-woke crusade somewhere else. Btw, I hope you're aware the father of modern computing - Alan Turing - was gay too, so while you think you're probably super funny edgy and hetero you're actually wasting your live on a machine invented by a gay man - how ironic.

Well said. It is also my experience that virtually all anti-gay or anti "woke" are at a minimum assholes and almost always closeted and self hating homosexual curious.

My woke comments have nothing to do with gay? Why are you saying this? LGQBT people are incredibly welcome in my books and i wish them all the best.

The issue i have is an over-representation of wokeness in the game. The game should be all about quality content and nothing else. I dont want Larian to bend the knee to the woke cancel culture mob and make the game all about race and gender and racial diversity like Hollywood currently is. Hollywood is in the gutter because of this garbage.

Also woke-ness tries to undervalue masculinity. We need Masculinity for BG3 to work well 100%! Currently there are no masculine NPCS in BG3! WOTR has heaps of them. In BG3 we have woke Astarion who is more concerned about what color shirt he is wearing to a battle as apposed to actually winning it. Its a disgrace!
Trust me ditch the woke and the game will be FAR FAR FAR better!!!

Last edited by teclis23; 13/08/21 09:00 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
V
member
Offline
member
V
Joined: Oct 2020
WOTR has a wide range of race and genders as well. One if the characters is transgender. And you seem to have contradicted yourself if you say you have no problem with LGBTQ and then say it's woke to have a wide range of genders.

And I don't know what you mean by masculine NPCs. Halsin seems masculine to me. So does Zevlor, Arron, Aradin, and many others. All of them probably. Can you define masculine and what makes those examples not masculine?

Last edited by Veilburner; 13/08/21 11:32 AM.
Joined: Aug 2021
member
Offline
member
Joined: Aug 2021
Originally Posted by teclis23
[quote=BraveSirRobin][quote=SerraSerra]


Also woke-ness tries to undervalue masculinity. We need Masculinity for BG3 to work well 100%! Currently there are no masculine NPCS in BG3! WOTR has heaps of them. In BG3 we have woke Astarion who is more concerned about what color shirt he is wearing to a battle as apposed to actually winning it. Its a disgrace!
Trust me ditch the woke and the game will be FAR FAR FAR better!!!

Ok, why everyone talks about male characters as if only Astarion exists? Gale seems the kind you like. Also, Wyll looks pretty manly as well, if you want looks, and there are lots of side characters. What is masculinity for you? He-man like only? (Halsin sends his regards) And for women, teenagers perfect barbie faces kind of girls? Because that's what seems like, Shadowheart is beautiful, even if her personality is annoying. Gale looks really nice, and Wyll too. I don't get where you come with the whole woke on BG other than your limited knowledge from both games, WOTR has masculinity? where, on the portraits? because the models of characters are just bland cartoons like, and that's a fact.

Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Tuco
In before Icelyn "I never played it but I prefer BG3".
laugh

I have some shocking news for you: I have played Disco Elysium!

Last edited by Icelyn; 13/08/21 12:41 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
Originally Posted by Wormerine
D:OSs definitely stick out from “cRPG renesaince” as they are not nostalgia driven, and provided a different RPG experience, with innovative coop implementation. It doesn’t evoke fallout/baldurs gate/Planescape in a way that Wasteland2, Pillars of Eternity, Pathfinder or Disco Elysium do.

I would say that Disco Elysium is as innovative as DOS2 or even more. Even though Planescape and DE are superbly written and more story driven/adventure RPGs, they have completely different settings, themes, atmosphere, art direction and play-style. It is a genuine original game, probably more than DOS2. Not like like BG/PoE or Fallout/Wasteland.The thought cabinet for example is genius mechanic (even though it could be more meaningful in the game).


Disco Elysium...Legendary. This game will age like fine wine. Up there with Planescape: Torment and Arcanum.

Joined: Mar 2020
Location: Belfast
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Mar 2020
Location: Belfast
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
But Disco Elysium is far more original than DOS2, even if less influential. Calling a Planescape clone like Tides of Numenera is an insult to the game.
That's not what I meant to say, and didn't mean to belittle any of the games, and especially not Disco. But DE clearly bounces off Planescape - it is not imitation but the point of origin is pretty obvious. It succeess because it is different and full of its own ideas and identity rather then being derivative.

But it is following Infinity Engine's interest in storytelling and worldbuildong, where is I think Larian is more interested in the social aspect of an RPG - being with human buddies, and messing with each other doing silly things. I don't think that's something other RPGs focused on, even if they had multiplayer (can't speak for NWN - am not familiar with its multiplayer functionality). That's all I wanted to say, nothing more.

Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
T
addict
Offline
addict
T
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
Originally Posted by teclis23
Originally Posted by BraveSirRobin
Originally Posted by SerraSerra
That being said, I am really getting annoyed by how your post and several others in the past weeks/months construct a straw man to try and degenerate the discussions on this forum into a kind of idiotic gamergate reactionary bullshit. Gay people exist, feminine males and masculine females and everything in between exists, people having sexual intercourse with whomever they want exist, so please do yourself a favour and take your bullshit attempts to politicize games back to /pol or parler. It really blows my mind that such narrow-minded frustrated infantile idiots like you feel the constant need to bring up other people's sexuality and gender experience on a forum about a videogame set in an imaginary world. Like what the fuck is wrong with you guys, if you're so obsessed by the gay and queer perhaps you should start questioning yourself why the fuck you even care this much about it as apparently most other people seem to simply not care how people think about and what they do about their genitalia and agree it is total bullshit to oppress people because of what they say, think, and do with said genitalia. I can't stop thinking about that Hungarian anti-gay EU parliamentarian who made his career out of targeting LGTBQ and the "gender" agenda and got caught with plenty of mdma pills and other drugs on a clandestine gay chem-sex party during lockdown. Kinda validates my hypothesis that the most vocal opponents of 'the gay' are those who truly feel 'the call of the gay' inside of them but chose to fight it - and thus themselves - instead of simply embracing their own homo-erotic fantasies and without realizing the fact that they feel so threatened by 'the gay' living rent free in their heads is more telling about their own fragile sexuality in denial than about 'the gay' and society ...
Now please bugger off and take your cringe anti-woke crusade somewhere else. Btw, I hope you're aware the father of modern computing - Alan Turing - was gay too, so while you think you're probably super funny edgy and hetero you're actually wasting your live on a machine invented by a gay man - how ironic.

Well said. It is also my experience that virtually all anti-gay or anti "woke" are at a minimum assholes and almost always closeted and self hating homosexual curious.

My woke comments have nothing to do with gay? Why are you saying this? LGQBT people are incredibly welcome in my books and i wish them all the best.

The issue i have is an over-representation of wokeness in the game. The game should be all about quality content and nothing else. I dont want Larian to bend the knee to the woke cancel culture mob and make the game all about race and gender and racial diversity like Hollywood currently is. Hollywood is in the gutter because of this garbage.

Also woke-ness tries to undervalue masculinity. We need Masculinity for BG3 to work well 100%! Currently there are no masculine NPCS in BG3! WOTR has heaps of them. In BG3 we have woke Astarion who is more concerned about what color shirt he is wearing to a battle as apposed to actually winning it. Its a disgrace!
Trust me ditch the woke and the game will be FAR FAR FAR better!!!
+1. I understand your reaction completely and you got my symphaty.

I feel you. Well and specially last poster does not have any manners and profane language.

I even have one gay couple as friends in real life but they know better then try to flirt with me I have made it abundant clear to them.

Well and regarding DELETE Astarion he comes of as a feminine homo and tries to seduce right from the very begining regardless of your created gender.
I stand by I do not like him.


I have used Astarion for some things in BG3 when I really need to open a lock or disarm trap but generally I always want to leave him in the camp unless I really need him.

Reagarding Trans gender in Pathfinder 2 I found this info on Internet posted by someonelse:
"
Sentence for sentence, the vast bulk of the writing in Kingmaker was original to Owlcat and not taken from the adventure path (there‘s little to take). The stuff about the trans lesbian in the first Wrath of the Righteous module is meant as background information for the DM, the same way that the first Kingmaker module contains a bunch of background info on Oleg and his wife. They didn’t transcribe that shit directly into the game, they wrote their own dialogue.

I just read through the first WotR module. There’s one lengthy speech (pretty much written as third person exposition) two letters, and that’s about it. Owlcat’s gotta compose everything else themselves. They’re good at that.
"
Anyway I guess most player in the game will not even notice that or ignore it if they do.

Well and when I was in Thailand I did see some ladyboys with pretty face but said no to their proposals to get to know me better and this happened also in Tinder I by mistake matched some Ladyboys then unmatche
d them when noticed more their profile.
While Astarion you need to be blind if you dont see he tries to flirt with you... from the very beginning.
However relistically speaking do I believe he will be removed? No I do not that will happen the only thing Larian might maybe change (less then 25% chance that would happen I believe because many also like him I know that his Vampirespawn side is kind of another aspect more cool) is some of his dialogues I think they did change already some characters dialogues from the feedback by players they are to hostile towards the player.
The only thing I do not agree with OP is this strong masculine wish. The Druid Elf that can change into Bear and help in the Goblin area I complained myself he is to bodybuilder type for being Elf, but then some one explained that is subrace of Elf can be more like that but I think he is still to bodybuilder type for being an Elf and not Human or say Half Orc.

I dont get care how people are bodybuilder or say more nerd less strong they can still be my friends and if you read the info in spoiler about my real life friend two of them you might get very suprised.
Well and I go to gym myself though I am more fitness type then huge bodybuider type though I am fairly strong and I am respected in the gym.
Well and regarding Astarion he is a dex based Elf (and Vampire Spawn) Rogue and he does not have high strenght.
On the Rogue class In BG3 combat now that they have made so that backstabbing does not give advantage and on top of that pushing really requires good strength and based on weight of opponent (a Dragon impossible to push) Rogues are not Tier S (S as in SUPERIOR best tier) in BG3. That is good because Rogues certainly are not S tier in Dnd 5th Pen and Paper.

I have bought BG3 and I am interested to buy Pathfinder 2, but I think I wait for reviews after full release. Pathfinder 1 i do not consider it a great game and yes I played it but never finished it.
However Pathfinder 2 is improved better game then Pathfinder 1 was I get that impression clearly. While Pathfinder 2 have bugs it seems to have less bugs in BETA then Pathfinder 1 had at release.

That said is Pathfinder 2 super polished as in WOW MMO? No it has graphical bugs and other bugs they could still make it more polished for sure.

Well and the Pathfinder 2 they have made world more better looking and you can even replace character portraits to what you want.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 13/08/21 02:01 PM.
Joined: Sep 2017
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Sep 2017
Full stop on social politics regardless of which side of the isle you're on please. Thread will be closed if you can't keep it on topic.

Page 5 of 87 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 86 87

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5