Next Thread
Print Thread
O
oettn Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Hello, i'm having trouble with my NPCs behaviour. I want them to turn back to their default position and especially default look direction. For example when i start a dialog with a NPC his look is locked in the direction from where I talked to him. I have already tried to paly around with some Scripts like "ReturnToPosition", Guard, PointTriggers etc. but I can't figure out what makes an NPC rotate back to its defualt position. I also already loaded Fort Joy to check how the original game solves this, but there is no clear hint on what triggers it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

T
addict
addict
T
Point triggers have a forward direction (you can rotate them). There's a way in the editor to show their direction via an overlaid arrow, but I forgot how exactly (I think by right-clicking on one of the "show trigger" widgets).

After you move a character to the trigger, you can call CharacterLookFromTrigger(char, trigger) (Osiris) or CharacterLookFrom(trigger) (behaviour script) to make them look in the direction of the trigger.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard