Next Thread
Print Thread
#787509 17/08/21 07:20 AM
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Characters seem to be encumbered, even when carrying little/nothing. this impacts battle/encounter mechanics. i'm sure you'll fix it, but always good to call out everything. loving the EA and your amazing collaboration with the players. Wish more devs would be as sexy as you all. Yes. I said sexy. I said what I said smile

SymposiumX #787520 17/08/21 10:04 AM
I never had it. There's a bar showing how much your character can carry, and it's based on your strength, so, just make sure you can carry the weight, not the quantity.

Avallonkao #787556 17/08/21 01:24 PM
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
I actually had that issue once. The encumberance bar showed everything was ok but the character state was "Encumbered". Dropping and picking up an item solved the issue. So I assume it is related to the calculation/applying state trigger of encumberance. Maybe you aquired or lost items in an unusual way so the trigger for the state to apply or remove it was not fired. That is likely a bug.

SymposiumX #787576 17/08/21 02:22 PM
veteran
veteran
The game often loses the weight and status of items in contaners, especailly if you have stacked containers... but rememebrs it again at inconvenient times. It dones't update displays correctl,y it doesn't add values correctly, and it doens't show you that most thigns have an actual in-code weight that goes beyondthe digits displayed: all those thigns that display as weighing nothing actually have fractions of weight which add up, but which don't display, and you can ofte have two items that each weight 2.4lb, but when in your inventory togethr will add a total of 4.9. Almost every item that does not have a flat, non-decimal place weight has hidden tailing weight like this, which adds up.

Beyond that coin weight is also tracked, and not displayed.

SymposiumX #787813 19/08/21 12:14 AM
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Thank you all for the suggestions. I have tried the dropping and picking up. Didn't resolve
Shadowheart is at 32.3/200
She is carrying the following inventory items
Mysterious Aretacft
Scroll of Revifify X2
Potion of Greater Healing
scrolls: Aid x2, False Life x4, Prayer of healing, Speak Dead x4, Detect Thoughts x2, Cure Wounds, PfG/E, Blindness, Inflict Wounds
No way is that even close to encumbered.

This is obviously a bug, that should be addressed. I believe it will be addressed and fixed, but I want to make sure to call it out, as it has ramifications including combat tactics and QoL.

Thank you all for engaging with this thread. I'm really enjoying the EA version so far and super-excited to see the release. I love that Larian listens and is implementing a lot of things we have recommended and asked for. Larian is a solid company. Quality gaming.

SymposiumX #787814 19/08/21 12:17 AM
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
I did have my Main PC encumbered and moved gold to Shadowheart 6.79 weight. It did remove the encumbered status from my PC
current weight 93.3/160. Encumbered starts at 96 for that PC. that looks right then.

SymposiumX #787832 19/08/21 01:22 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SymposiumX
Thank you all for the suggestions. I have tried the dropping and picking up. Didn't resolve
Shadowheart is at 32.3/200
She is carrying the following inventory items
Mysterious Aretacft
Scroll of Revifify X2
Potion of Greater Healing
scrolls: Aid x2, False Life x4, Prayer of healing, Speak Dead x4, Detect Thoughts x2, Cure Wounds, PfG/E, Blindness, Inflict Wounds
No way is that even close to encumbered.

This is obviously a bug, that should be addressed. I believe it will be addressed and fixed, but I want to make sure to call it out, as it has ramifications including combat tactics and QoL.

Thank you all for engaging with this thread. I'm really enjoying the EA version so far and super-excited to see the release. I love that Larian listens and is implementing a lot of things we have recommended and asked for. Larian is a solid company. Quality gaming.

What is your Shadow wearing and wielding? Armour, shields, and weapons are also counted agaisnt your carry weight. It looks like your inventory count covers roughly 2.3 worth of weight... but if she's wearing (these numbers are made up) armour that weights 20, a shield that weighs 5 adn a mace that weighs 5, that'll make up for the other 30.

Link Copied to Clipboard