Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Hence why I say that we are infact somewhat in a hurry. We might have week or we might have a month, currently we dont know. Not really the circumstances under which id decide to delay seeking aid and decide to spelunk a few days to grind some xp.
Yes. I suppose if one would really roleplay the character, one would want to extract the tadpole either, even if it becomes apparent that it is not a usual tadpole, won't evolve without someone allowing it to, and most likely won't turn us into a mindflayer.

From player perspective - it becomes abundandly clear that tadpoles are here to stay for the remainer of the game, no cure can be found at the time, and there is no "timer" to worry about.

This is not so different then most openish RPG - Geralt might be pursuing Ciri, but we now she will be fine and we can do other stuff without worrying about her, Imoen is captured, but we wil spend most of the game doing random jobs in Athkatla.

I suppose the problem personally for me, as a player, is that I don't care about tadpoles. It's a problem of "immersion" I suppose? I can't see those as anything more then plot convenience, "a Larian source-thingy". Using movie term It's a McGuffin - motivation for our characters, but not something the audience particularly cares for. Which is a problem, as games have a difficult task of making players care about things it wants to care. It might get better after moonrise towers but in act1 our goal is to find healer, while we as players now that we won't be able to succeed.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Well we dont know until what point we have the tadpole in our mind. Maybe it will be removed at the end of chapter 2 or at the start of chapter 3. Maybe its in our heads the entire game. Who knows honeslty other then Larian?

I do think ac1 we have to choose a path to reach act 2 and stick to it. It makes alot more sense story wise. That said, in DOS:2 you could also explore wherever so maybe they are sticking to that play style?

It would be great if we could backtrack to previous areas later in the game and it would be nice to know if thats even an option. That way people wouldnt feel like theyre forced to do everything in act 1 and it would also allow Larian to make some of the fights abit nastier, as they might not be intended to be done this early in the game smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Well we dont know until what point we have the tadpole in our mind. Maybe it will be removed at the end of chapter 2 or at the start of chapter 3. Maybe its in our heads the entire game. Who knows honeslty other then Larian?
It will be there for the entire game. I am willing to bet on it. It is the Source from D:OS2. It is an equavalent of being a Child of Bhaal. It is one constant between all origins and custom character.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard