Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Nebuul Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
N
Please for the love of all that is holy, give us a button to click that will advance the conversation without choosing a dialog option! It is so frustrating to be reading a long sentence, press spacebar, and right as I'm clicking spacebar it goes to a "choice" screen and all of a sudden I'm agreeing to sleep with someone.

I just want to not have to wait for the next line of dialog. That's all I want. If I wanted to press a key to choose an option, I can press the number keys located conveniently across the top of my keyboard.

Thank you

addict
addict
I'm guessing you want pre-determined dialogue options?

Like choose the Good/Evil in character creation and let the game choose for you?

veteran
veteran
Im guessing s/he just want to skip dialogues with different button, than the one that will pick first possible option ...

So s/he dont need to spend another five minutes in dialoge that s/he either allready knows, or just had few seconds ago, but needed to reload ...

Simmilar as it was allready requested bzillion times. frown

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 21/08/21 09:50 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
That's what happens when you skip dialogue you end up in bad with a Gith

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
veteran
veteran
Ah, no Dragonsnooz, that sounds like exactly what they don't want...

It's a QoL thing that is a fiarly poor design choice - having hte 'progress dialogue' button also being 'select the top choice' is a very bad design. It shouldn't be that way be default, but if it is, we need to be able to disentangle the two functions in our keybindings at least.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Abits

LoL, I do agree with the OP I can read it faster than they can talk. Spacebar should just skip dialog not choose the top option.

I don't see a problem, this is the same in every game out there where you can use a key to skip dialogues like spacebar, etc. Just stop pressing like the flash when it reaches a choice so you can select properly. I mean, how hard can it be? The number of things ppl want to be made even easier these days is crazy.

Last edited by Avallonkao; 22/08/21 02:39 AM.
veteran
veteran
the issue is many times i've read what they were saying, and pressed space to move on JUST as the screen changed to the dialogue option screen and my space bar counts for the choice. Mass Effect is notorious for this.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Avallonkao
this is the same in every game out there where you can use a key to skip dialogues like spacebar, etc.
Just bcs developers make this misstake often, dont makes it right. laugh

I know Swen specificly told us in some interview that they dont want us to burn out to the point where we will skip whole conversations bcs "we have seen it" ...
But if this is the way to get that, its not right choice. laugh
I have repeated three times conversation with Gith Patrol, simply bcs i played my cards wrong and they win the fight ... please Larian, take in concideration that sometimes we skip the dialogue bcs we heared it litteraly two minutes ago. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Avallonkao
I don't see a problem, this is the same in every game out there where you can use a key to skip dialogues like spacebar, etc.
I haven't encounter that problem that often before. It might be the problem with how and when the dialogue options are displayed, but either way I do have the same problem as OP.

Or maybe the problem is that I don't want to sit through dialogue the second time. Which is unusualy for me.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
Originally Posted by Abits

LoL, I do agree with the OP I can read it faster than they can talk. Spacebar should just skip dialog not choose the top option.
Oh I definitely agree that is bad design, and I assume they did it in preparation for the console control. The most simple way to solve it is to map your dialogue choices to the number keys only.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
I would love to have this fixed as well. But since this is a request for a QoL change to the UI/controls I expect Larian to quickly dismiss it.

Last edited by Peranor; 23/08/21 11:49 AM.
veteran
veteran
+1

It's so boring to answer "1" because you pressed space to skip the cinematic.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
I'm guessing you want pre-determined dialogue options?

Like choose the Good/Evil in character creation and let the game choose for you?
if I've not misread, they want a "skip to next dialogue choice". I would like space to skip and not pick dialogue myself.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Of all the insane and ridiculous requests that end up on this forum, it is very strange to me that this simple mechanical one gets blasted by folks.

It is perfectly valid to ask that “advance dialogue” and “choose option 1” be a different button. I have played thru the friggen EA 10 times now. I would like to be able to skip the same crap I have heard a million times as I test new mechanics with each patch.

Yes…not every game does this. The Good ones do tho.

Agree wholeheartedly with the request.

Last edited by timebean; 23/08/21 11:19 PM.
+1

Link Copied to Clipboard