Print Thread
#788670 24/08/21 04:57 PM
U
UV01 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
An option for an in-game bug report would be awesome, though I know it could mean a lot of issues. I have noticed a few things that just don't seem right, but by the time the session is done I don't remember them all. I was thinking that an in game error/bug reporter would be awesome, allowing me to send a full report of notes at the end of my play session.

Let's say I see an issue with Lae'zel's AoO looping and freezing npcs that pass her by (presumably caught in a loop). I would hit a function key on my keyboard and take notes on the situation, then have the data be saved until the end of my play session. Throughout the play session, I could open up the notes and detail more information in the event I encounter another bug. Perhaps, time stamps/location data imposed in notes when the function key is hit? At the end of the play session, the notes are sent to whatever bug report system is in place.

UV01 #788671 24/08/21 05:03 PM
veteran
veteran
The bug-reporting tool Larian offered us is about as versatile and comfortable to use and their own in-game UI.

And no, that's not supposed to come off as a compliment.

Last edited by Tuco; 24/08/21 05:04 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
UV01 #788672 24/08/21 05:06 PM
S
S
You can also make a screenshot in a specific folder on your PC and then add it to a new message to Larian Devs by the existing channel to report bugs wink

It is efficient and they are very kind smile

Dans le doute, frappe ...
Tuco #788676 24/08/21 05:13 PM
U
UV01 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
Is there an in-game bug report system tool I can use?? I might just not know about it...

U
UV01 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
A lot of the time a screenshot is not enough - Lae'zel in one of my playthroughs is freezing people that run by her - they're caught in an Attack of Opportunity loop. I was able to revive a neutral Lae'zel after the Gith'yanki fight and she's been buggy ever since - a picture can't provide all of that info and I don't want to quit out of my play session if it's not game-breaking. Computer yells at me if I send BG3 into background via alt-tab.

UV01 #788684 24/08/21 06:48 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by UV01
Is there an in-game bug report system tool I can use?? I might just not know about it...
Only the in-client one. That requires you to alt-tab the game and opens basically a web browser form.

It's frankly a far cry from what is offerend, from instance, in the beta build of Wrath of the Righteous, where you can point anywhere on the screen a press a certain button to open a report form for that specific item.

Last edited by Tuco; 24/08/21 06:50 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
UV01 #788697 24/08/21 10:03 PM
S
S
You can also provide a save game and the related picture. Both are mandatory to use the save game.

Dans le doute, frappe ...
UV01 #809663 23/02/22 04:41 PM
G
stranger
stranger
G
if only there was a way to make notes and keep them for a later time. LOL but I agree. In game.

Link Copied to Clipboard