Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Liapard Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Here is one thing that could be easily overlooked: character can die and can be resurrected. There is even character responsible for it, and I think there should be a way to get his attention or even friendship. So, let's sum up some facts.

1. Characters can be resurrected from death.
2. The parasite can be extracted from dead body.
3. The parasite even leave dead owner, as we can see during the game, and thus can be destroyed outside the body.

I think, that there must be an option to impress the ressurrector, so in certain moment he, after having a small talk with Halsin, suggest to kill you. If you attack immediatly or act agressivly, then this option is closed. If you are calm and listen, then he describe his idea of helping you more specific. Then story is branching:
If you managed not to increase parasite power during the jorney, you get rid of it, otherwise it just loose part of its power and is resistable to this procedure. Also other parasites can't be cured that way, so only one character can be freed.
"They won't repeat the same mistake twice"

veteran
veteran
This idea was allready mentioned few times on forum ...

After some debates we (and yes it means it just fan theory) come to conclusion that since parasites share mind with its owner (victim? w/e), they would know that your death was not permanent and therefore they would keep resisting extraction ...
Unless you suggesting smash whole head with a huge rock. laugh

Also, concidering rest of the game ... i have no idea how that feels in DnD system, but i presume that death is something quite unpleasant. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
ConSidering. Ragnarok. ConSSSSSSidering.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
old hand
old hand
There is also the possibility that the tadpole is being considered part of the brain or body, so true resurrection despite normally being able to cure diseases and curses brings it back as well.

veteran
veteran
It's been discussed and as you mentioned is already in game.

Our tadpoles, however, are protected by the most ancient magic of all - plot armor.

L
Liapard Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
they would know that your death was not permanent and therefore they would keep resisting extraction ...
3rd position on my list, the parasite left brain of the owner - the peasant who seeks Spear of the Absolute. And his brain wasn't smashed, you can even talk to him through "Speak with the dead" spell. We had body in one hand and parasite under other foot. Separated. Theoretically (in D&D terms) we could spent 1000 gp and resurrect him, the resurrection spell can be used to the body, which was dead no longer then 100 years (By the way - the skeleton gives us generous prices). So the tadpole just can't know, how long it would take AND Halsin already successfully extracted one from dead body. So I see no obstacles.

Also, concidering rest of the game ... i have no idea how that feels in DnD system, but i presume that death is something quite unpleasant. laugh
Exactly! That IS the point, why you should be agressive toward this suggestion.

L
Liapard Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
There is also the possibility that the tadpole is being considered part of the brain or body, so true resurrection despite normally being able to cure diseases and curses brings it back as well.
The problem with this part is that tadpole is alive while peasant is dead. Thus it can't be a part of a dead body... Or with each resurrection we get more and more tadpoles in the skull.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Liapard
3rd position on my list, the parasite left brain of the owner - the peasant who seeks Spear of the Absolute. And his brain wasn't smashed, you can even talk to him through "Speak with the dead" spell.
I am still not clear however, if tadpoles nested in the followers of the Absolute are the same as yours. There seem to be a special interest in YOUR tadpoles. Gith are looking for it, and even dwarf in question, was sent out to find you. It is not impossible that tadpoles put in your eye, aren't the same as what they sell in moonrise tower.

veteran
veteran
Exactly! That IS the point, why you should be agressive toward this suggestion.
On the contrary ...
That is why you cannot get the suggestion at all.

Once you know its just temporary death > worm knows. wink

The only way i can imagine this could work, would be if someone kills your whole party ... and then, without any reason or warning ... someone entirely else, who you probably never seen before, just came and ressurect you all. laugh

they would know that your death was not permanent and therefore they would keep resisting extraction ...
3rd position on my list, the parasite left brain of the owner - the peasant who seeks Spear of the Absolute. And his brain wasn't smashed, you can even talk to him through "Speak with the dead" spell. We had body in one hand and parasite under other foot. Separated. Theoretically (in D&D terms) we could spent 1000 gp and resurrect him, the resurrection spell can be used to the body, which was dead no longer then 100 years (By the way - the skeleton gives us generous prices). So the tadpole just can't know, how long it would take AND Halsin already successfully extracted one from dead body. So I see no obstacles.
Yes, we have seen examples of parasite leaving brain of its victims ...
As far as i know, so far there is one for Dwarf, reportely one for Gnoll leader and all Goblin leaders (i must have missed that, i never seen their tadpoles laugh ), and there is datamined scene of fight between two of your companions, that also leads to stomping one of their tadpole ...

But in all examples, there is nobody to ressurect the person.
Their death seem permanent in all way (and permanent it is, just bcs you are *technically* unable to use revivify scroll to anyone except your party).
Our characters died multiple times in our adventure ... especialy if we are not carefull. laugh And tadpole never leaved them ... well, we might ofcourse see that as plothole, but personaly i prefer to remember the fact that our tadpoles tie our minds together, so they *know* we are going to ressurect them eventualy.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 22/08/21 06:31 AM.

L
Liapard Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Wormerine
I am still not clear however, if tadpoles nested in the followers of the Absolute are the same as yours. There seem to be a special interest in YOUR tadpoles. Gith are looking for it, and even dwarf in question, was sent out to find you. It is not impossible that tadpoles put in your eye, aren't the same as what they sell in moonrise tower.

I'd say they ARE different, cause their make them follow orders, while yours allows to give those mentioned orders. For that part there is no much information, but I still can't see why parasite can't be moved away from dead body.

Once you know its just temporary death > worm knows. wink

That makes a point, but still don't see any obstacles for withdrawing the thing from corpse, we even have Halsin, who managed to do this. As for "We know = Tadpole know" - there can be line from the skeleton, smth like "I can't tell you, what I will do, so the parasite won't know how to resist." Also he can be convinced to tell... And that's where success would be punished.

As for the second answer - yes, there is only one parasite, that left dead body, but still it is an example. Yup, we don't collect whole school of tadpoles, but extraction is possible in terms of lore.

addict
addict
I think the revivify scroll is an EA place holder (there to allow game advancement while testing). LS is probably going to remove them (or limit them by a lot) once game is released. ATM we have Whithers and a cost. I have never used him because I have those scrolls. Not only that, you have to go through this elaborate process to get Gales. These scrolls are rare magics at this level and to just magically have a pile of them does not make sense.

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 22/08/21 03:27 PM.
veteran
veteran
This idea was allready mentioned few times on forum ...

After some debates we (and yes it means it just fan theory) come to conclusion that since parasites share mind with its owner (victim? w/e), they would know that your death was not permanent and therefore they would keep resisting extraction ...
Unless you suggesting smash whole head with a huge rock. laugh

If the tadpole know what is a temporary death and what is not, why doesn't he get out of Astarion and Lae'zel's brain each time I kill them without any intention to rez them ?

There's no explanation so you (and others) are trying to explain what cannot be explained with arguments that doesn't make sense.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 22/08/21 06:11 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Dunno, maybe it do, but offscreen? laugh

I mean it obviously cannot crawl out on screen since then you would simply ress them ... wich would cause huge plothole. :-/
But bcs those bodies dissapear in time, who knows what exactly happens to them? :P

veteran
veteran
Oh ok, he's just waiting a bit sometimes. Make sense rolleyes

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
I dunno if there is equivalent in english ...
But in my language we say: "Dokut to funguje, nevrtej se v tom." ... via google translator: As long as it works, don't mess with it.

S
S
Perhaps it could be interesting to keep the tadpole and perhaps the cure is useless wink ?

Dans le doute, frappe ...
apprentice
apprentice
LoL
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

grin Just say " Ahhhhhh - here comes the airplane!!! " and then trigger the shotgun! grin

It might just work. wink
And when the characters gets revived, a "clean" head also rests on its shoulders. ^_^
Aaaaaaaaand thats concludes Baldurs Gate 3 - the End. grin

Not happening. wink

Last edited by KeinSklave; 25/08/21 01:09 PM.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] <- *click*
veteran
veteran
BTW Isn't healing by death what Nettie had in mind? Or did she straight up meant to kill you and leave it at that?

BG3 doesn't seem to narratively acknowledge death not being a major issue in DnD. And in BG3 especially.

journeyman
journeyman
I dunno if there is equivalent in english ...
But in my language we say: "Dokut to funguje, nevrtej se v tom." ... via google translator: As long as it works, don't mess with it.

English equivalent: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

veteran
veteran
Thanks smile
I try to remember it. laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard