Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RutgerF
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
it seems that Shadowheart who is a cleric and not a thief has a better chance of opening locks or disarming traps than even Astarion whose the rogue; and I always thought for things like that the rogue is the best way to go.
Not in 5e, not anymore. Classes are much more malleable, and not so strictly separated. In this case, DEX modifier + Sleight Of Hand proficiency is all that matters (oh, and the Guidance cantrip helps a lot). Since Shadowheart has Urchin background, it gives her the aforementioned proficiency; plus, her Dexterity is so abnormally high for a cleric that it's possible to use her instead of a Rogue (I do). Until / unless Larian will implement proficiency in tools and / or skill expertise, she is essentially on par with Astarion as far as locks and traps are concerned.
Also, the disarm tools which I thought were used to disarm traps what good are they? As shadowheart has been disarming traps and didn't have one in her inventory.
In BG3, inventory is... stretchy. She "uses" disarming tools if anyone in the party has them. Same with keys.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply. Now I didn't realize that much had changed since I had played PNP DND I won't tell you how long ago that was but trust me it was before computers and cell phones.

Well, then I guess I can leave Astarion at the camp then as I'm not really a fan of his in all honesty. As for shadowheart and Wyll right now I'm leaning on them as my two favorites in the game so far.

Now I thought we would get a Druid with the new update but so far I've Not found him/her. Also do enemies respawn? Reason for which I'm asking is I've cleared out The Blighted Village and the Risen road toll house that's why I'm asking.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Now I thought we would get a Druid with the new update but so far I've Not found him/her. Also do enemies respawn? Reason for which I'm asking is I've cleared out The Blighted Village and the Risen road toll house that's why I'm asking.

The druid is a playable class with the last big update, not a companion.

I haven't found anyplace yet where enemies respawn. Once they are dead, they dead.

Have a great day!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AerezDrey

The druid is a playable class with the last big update, not a companion.

I haven't found anyplace yet where enemies respawn. Once they are dead, they dead.

Have a great day!

So is the Cleric and the Rogue for example but we've got Shadowheart and Astarion. Well then the Blighted village is forever a ghost town I guess.<G>

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ok, I'm curious as to whether or not anyone else has noticed this but I thought that some of the potions like the one for fire resistance are supposed to be beneficial to a player. I was in Waukeens rest and My female ranger who has 50% or so fire resistance drank a potion of Fire resistance before she went into the building and she took damage from the fire like she went in without drinking the potion or having the natural fire resistance what gives with that?

Originally Posted by GM4Him
You know, you're probably right, and I agree.

That said, my issue is that people keep knocking the Camp Supplies system, acting like it's the issue and it ruins the game, but it isn't the camping system. It's the item management. If item management was easier, camping would be no big deal.

I like what they did with camping supplies. I want them to keep it and streamline it. I like how if you don't want to be bothered with it much, you can just hit auto select and done. If you do want to pick out the food and be all immersive, you have the ability to do so. Sometimes I care, and pick out the food, and sometimes I don't and just hit select. The first time I played Patch 5, I had them eat fish and garlic and some wine with some fruit for desert. It took barely any effort, and it was, for me, a nice little bit of roleplaying.

Undoubtedly camping supplies would be less of an aggravation if Item management were easier, but I think they'd still feel like busy work that adds nothing to my enjoyment. I'm fine with not being able to eat a pork chop during combat to recover health, but would rather food could be eaten to regain health between combats without having to stop and rest.

veteran
veteran
Ok, I'm curious as to whether or not anyone else has noticed this but I thought that some of the potions like the one for fire resistance are supposed to be beneficial to a player. I was in Waukeens rest and My female ranger who has 50% or so fire resistance drank a potion of Fire resistance before she went into the building and she took damage from the fire like she went in without drinking the potion or having the natural fire resistance what gives with that?
Can you provide screenshot?
Preferably with combat log open and mouseover that fire damage? (bcs any other would be completely useless)

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran

Resistance doesn't stack, and it doesn't measure percentages per se. You're either resistant, in which case you take half damage from the damage type, or you are not, in which case you take full (or potentially, you might be vulnerable, and take double but that's exceptionally rare). If your Ranger has fire resistance then she is taking half damage from all sources of fire already, and that's it. Unless you have something that will grant you immunity to fire damage, that's the best she can do - there is no such thing as double resistance.

If she isn't halving the fire damage you take, and is taking the same damage as everyone else who doesn't have fire resistance, then that does sound like a bug, and is worth reporting.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Niara

Resistance doesn't stack, and it doesn't measure percentages per se. You're either resistant, in which case you take half damage from the damage type, or you are not, in which case you take full (or potentially, you might be vulnerable, and take double but that's exceptionally rare). If your Ranger has fire resistance then she is taking half damage from all sources of fire already, and that's it. Unless you have something that will grant you immunity to fire damage, that's the best she can do - there is no such thing as double resistance.

If she isn't halving the fire damage you take, and is taking the same damage as everyone else who doesn't have fire resistance, then that does sound like a bug, and is worth reporting.

Ah the good (bad) old days of fire resistance being so high that fire healed you. Glad they removed that little bit of nonsense.

I mean even if you are made of fire that doesn't mean fire would heal you. That would be like being made of flesh and throwing flesh at a person healed them - or just punching people back to full health.

Blackheifer
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Ah the good (bad) old days of fire resistance being so high that fire healed you. Glad they removed that little bit of nonsense.

I mean even if you are made of fire that doesn't mean fire would heal you. That would be like being made of flesh and throwing flesh at a person healed them - or just punching people back to full health.

It did make for some interesting builds in the original BG games with sorcerer / dragon disciple laugh

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I'm not actually replying to anyone so please accept my apoligies up front. I'm just wondering if this game will ever get finished. For me I think we'll conquer covid long before we see this game come to fruition. Just thought I'd drop in afer a few months so all you fanbois can call me immature names and stuff. I mean someone has to give you some entertainment. Heaven knows endlessy playing the first chapter of this game wont.
Bye

D
D
Originally Posted by Kerro
I'm just wondering if this game will ever get finished.

Yes it will. You're welcome.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard