Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
There is a Magic the Gathering card set being released next year that is obviously linked to Baldur's Gate 3 from the promo art.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/what-happened-magic-showcase-2021-08-24

As you can see the promo art has a Nautiliod in it flying over Baldur's Gate.

It's a Commander Legends product so it should be both more powerful and have more fameous characters and more cards in general then AFR did this year's Forgotten Realms Magic the Gathering set.

Discuss.

journeyman
journeyman
They are also going to have a fortnite special set released….I think WoTC has sold out so much special MTG sets are just another form of advertisement. MTG is dead. This release will probably coincide with BG3’s release…so I mean I guess you can expect release date news on one to mimic the other

Last edited by macadami; 01/09/21 02:48 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by macadami
They are also going to have a fortnite special set released….I think WoTC has sold out so much special MTG sets are just another form of advertisement. MTG is dead. This release will probably coincide with BG3’s release…so I mean I guess you can expect release date news on one to mimic the other

It's release Q2 2022, which is sooner then BG3's release I think.

I do think while using BG3 as the central focus, specifically the the Mindflayer forces with their Nautiluods vs BG's forces battle, I do think they will also have a ton of novels characters, comic book characters, maybe a character or two from Idle Champions and/or Warriors in Waterdeep, plus important NPCs from Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus, plus Gods, Monsters, .... as Legendary Creatures. Possibly a set of Legendary Metallic Dragons.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
What Baldur's Gate 3 and other characters did you hope to see in the set?

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard