Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I could also not posting on this forum ...
But in both cases we know that is not going to happen.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
A
addict
addict
A
My 8 int druid had no issues passing checks using that level 2 spell which gives advantage. I'd rather Larian focused on areas where content is uneven, e.g. that more races get specific dialogue options, because at the moment drow seems to be the the writers' favourite.

veteran
veteran
I like variant ability checks and agree with others that: if they're added as additional dialogue options (or you can freely select which ability score is used), then they need to have different DCs or outcomes. Otherwise, there'd be no point to using the skill you have a lower bonus in and we've effectively just decreased the DCs of checks by 0-4.

Being able to choose which ability score you use is probably too much - it'd require Larian to code 6 DCs/outcomes for every single check. So this should be limited to certain situations with handcrafted options of ability scores and outcomes.

Alternatively, I'd be happy if BG3 simply had certain situations where variant ability checks are the only option. E.g., Dexterity (Animal Handling) checks to react to Kagha's snake in the instant before it strikes or Wisdom (Religion) to intuit information about a local pagan religious practice that doesn't involve any known god/goddess.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Exactly. ^_^
(I just had really exhausting discusion and feel urge to express my gratitude to once again talking to someone who actualy understands what im trying to say ... its only even sadder that you understands me with my horrible english better than my own father in our birth language. :-/ But lets not beak the mood. smile )

Anyway, give alternative option(s) to only certain situations and only when it makes sense is exactly what i want! smile

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Rise my dead topic, RISE!!!
Ehm. laugh

Just noticed that we allready have such option in game.
And personaly i find it glorious! :3

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

(Just note: That +2 from Intelligence or Wistom is actualy proficiency ... not sure why it isnt written whole tho. :-/ )

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 28/12/21 09:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard