Next Thread
Print Thread
#789908 08/09/21 02:24 PM
T
addict
OP Offline
addict
T
This just seems to be a badly designed area.

The traps that will attack you even if you're on the druid's side and there's no way to stop it except destroying them, which I'd rather not break the druid's defenses.

The chest which I think I've only ever detected the trap on once, if at all. That especially makes me feel irritated when playing a rogue and I've built for detecting and removing traps.

I've heard from a friend that design like the chest is what made them stop playing Divinity: Original Sin.

veteran
veteran
Yea with oil barrels next to the fire trap chest !
Because big explosions are so fun !

I'm laughing so much when I loose 2 gameplay hours because I died on such a ridiculous double trap.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 09/09/21 03:40 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Thrythlind
This just seems to be a badly designed area.
Agreed ... it could use some improvements.

The traps that will attack you even if you're on the druid's side and there's no way to stop it except destroying them, which I'd rather not break the druid's defenses.
They dont attack you if you are sneaking ...
That is probably also the reason why they didnt attack those Goblins (since they are too small to being detected) ... im really looking forward for how will they react to Gnome. laugh My Halfling was obliterated by them tho, wich is kinda weird ... after all, i doubt that knocked out druid was "running out while sneaking" . laugh

Many people agree that they should not attack to someone who is wearing the crown that druid have ...
This sounds to me like good solution, since after all we are not suppose to be here no matter if we decide to help druids, tieflings, or goblins. laugh

The chest which I think I've only ever detected the trap on once, if at all. That especially makes me feel irritated when playing a rogue and I've built for detecting and removing traps.
Problem here is that even if you detect trap, often your character dont react on it and you can go lockpick ignorantly anyway. laugh
Personaly i dare to say that if trap was detected, you should be system-forced to do disarm roll before you even try to lockpick ...

In this case, all those barrels and spiled oil is quite good hint that something is off around here if you ask me.
ON THE OTHER HAND THO!!! I just need to ask wich kind of druid would secure any secret passage with such natural disaster. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
I'm laughing so much when I loose 2 gameplay hours because I died on such a ridiculous double trap.

Uhhh you played an RPG for 2hrs WITHOUT saving????

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Riandor

Depend where I am.
When I enter the grove I don't feel the need to save.
So I talk with everyone, make a few quests, sell my items, sort my hotbar and/or inventory and you know... all kind of stuff you're doing in a safe area.

And then you' find the tunnel... no auto save + ridiculously OP traps that can kill the whole team in a few seconds.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 09/09/21 11:17 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Riandor

Depend where I am.
When I enter the grove I don't feel the need to save.
So I talk with everyone, make a few quests, sell my items, sort my hotbar and/or inventory and you know... all kind of stuff you're doing in a safe area.

And then you' find the tunnel... no auto save + ridiculously OP traps that can kill the whole team in a few seconds.
Yeah but I mean the moment you transition out of a safe area, you save!!! lol... Nah I know what you mean, that trap nuked my team too

old hand
old hand
The escape tunnel has always been awkward to me, but I couldn't figure out why until this thread really made me think about it.

For a game focusing on immersion and environmental storytelling, or at least what people believe it's setting out to do, the escape tunnel doesn't feel like it serves any narrative purpose right now. Sure, you get to save an unconscious druid in there from some goblins, but no one in the Grove even acknowledges the tunnel's existence from what I've observed. Not only that, but the overall layout is just excessively gamey.

1) For a corridor that's filled with druid statues firing at intruders, why are most of them pointed towards a random ass island instead of the actual path? There's a dead body implied to have been blasted, but there's nothing else on the island indicating why that person would have jumped there to begin with.

2) How did the goblins even get that far in without getting blasted or apparently not even acknowledging the existence of the traps?

3) Why is there even a trapped chest in there with a bunch of barrels nearby? Was it placed there by the goblins? Was it put there by the druids? Both questions are basically violations of any pragmatic sense - why would the goblins even go through that effort to begin with? They would have been likely to open that chest on the way in (and we should be seeing dead goblins and an exploded chest), considering their obsession with plundering everything they could get their hands on everywhere else. And why would the druids waste perfectly good resources like that, when the rest of the tunnel is already supposed to be trapped to hell and back. Just to be an asshole to random ass adventurers?

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 10/09/21 11:57 AM.
A
A
This is why the game includes a function called "saving".

Link Copied to Clipboard