Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
stranger
stranger
My list of wishes:

1.) Pay attention to the 5e rules (bugs are : e.g. casting a second spell per turn (with e.g. haste) / sneak attack 2times per round with haste / Mage can learn all existing spells / everybody can read all scrolls / while dual wielding you can use your
bonus attack before you perform your weapon attack / ...)

2.) No more throwing healing potions to somebody 10 meters away and he/she insta-sniff it with the mucous membrane and is instantly healed

3.) Long rest/short rest management. To implement camping supplies was a very good idea, but we have to much supplies in the world. At the moment you can nearly make a long rest after every fight (to the delight of all magicians)

4.) XP --- the leveling is too fast. Level 2 after the nautiloid, Level 3 when entering the druids grove and finally level 4 near the goblin camp or even before. I don`t want to be at Level 10/max and only half of the game is played. Gaining XP must
be harder and/or the XP for each levels must increase

5.) I don`t like the idea to send your heavy loot to your camp. If you want to sell it, you have to carry it, or leave it.

6.) Travelling with the waypoints should only be possible at one of this waypoints and not from everywhere

7.) Saving the game during combat? Not very challenging in my eyes. Maybe optional in an easy mode or so.

journeyman
journeyman
I doubt act 2 will happen in EA, but it’d be nice to see one of the other two paths currently blocked off fleshed out.
An act 1b has been datamined, I could see that being released eventually.

Fix some of the stuff patch 5 broke. Especially the ladders. That glitch in particular is quite grating.

Better UI elements.

Companions that don’t have tadpoles. I don’t mind the origin system as much as most but we shouldn’t be restricted to just the origin system. Kagha or Halsin would be ideal given Druid class is already implemented.

A new race. Maybe even a new class, but I’d love to see half-orc or Dragonborn implemented first.

Level 5.

Edit: I would also like to see more interactions between companions, and more interactions between more than one companion. Right now it feels a little too round robin for my taste. (For example, the camp scene where Gale talks about how they aren’t transforming. You can then go around talking to everyone, and they comment on what Gale said… it would be nice if they were somehow included in the original cutscene.)

Last edited by MyriadHappenings; 18/09/21 10:06 AM.

“But his mind saw nothing of all this. His mind was engaged in a warfare of the gods. His mind paced outwards over no-man's-land, over the fields of the slain, paced to the rhythm of the blood's red bugles. To be alone and evil! To be a god at bay. What was more absolute?”
P
stranger
stranger
P
Loved the game so far, didn't play it in the last few months. I'll love to see in patch 6 or whenever it's possible:

1. Multiplayer compatibility steam - stadia. I bought the beta with the intention of playing it with my friends, one of them uses stadia (his pc is not so great), but we can't play with him. So this is big for me.

2. Act 2, the other 2 players already covered Act 1 maybe 2 or 3 times after patches, rerun it with different classes, etc. So it will be nice to se new content there.

About other comments:

- I also think granting advantage due to higher ground makes combats a bit repetitive, maybe it can still get the extra range & a bonus to attack ¿+1/+2 Instead of advantage?

F
stranger
stranger
F
Bodysliders please. Its such a popular requested feature, please listen to the players.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Examine Check to Objects / NPC / Monsters and relative Spell.

veteran
veteran
Better item management

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Better item management

+1 to this. Pathfinder's WotR right now is something I prefer, though I think there's still ways to improve it. If Larian can do something like WotR's inventory system while adding some more features, I think it would be really swell.

One thing I really wish for is a Search function in Inventory. It would make scoping out potions or scrolls much easier.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Paladin class, and our new Teifling companion. I'm a simple man.

veteran
veteran
Do you believe Karlach is a Paladin? O_o

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
F
addict
addict
F
* Character level 5
* Better QoL / less micromanagement
* Fewer 3D world bugs
* Fewer camera bugs

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
stranger
stranger
I know this is a fat chance, but how about a Dice Roll for Character Creation Stats like Solasta? So you can keep rolling for some Godly Starting Stats.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blave_Kaiser
I know this is a fat chance, but how about a Dice Roll for Character Creation Stats like Solasta? So you can keep rolling for some Godly Starting Stats.
It's not "a fat chance" at all.
In fact it's an already-announced upcoming feature.

Personally I'm not a fan, because dice rolling for stats sucks unwashed asses, but still... Swen said it's coming. Eventually.

Last edited by Tuco; 05/10/21 08:13 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Blave_Kaiser
It's not "a fat chance" at all.
In fact it's an already-announced upcoming feature.

Personally I'm not a fan, because dice rolling for stats sucks unwashed asses, but still... Swen said it's coming. Eventually.
It can be really fun if you actually stick to maybe the first few rolls or so, gives a bit more life to the characters in my opinion compared to tailor making them with a point buy system, though in general the latter is a far easier, and more straight forward system to use both for balance purposes and for getting what you want a bit more directly.

old hand
old hand
I want dice rolls, for sure!!! Also, variant human. And death domain cleric. And more feats. And ... various changes. And ... more stuff. I basically want. A lot.

old hand
old hand
Pretty sure ranger pet is suppose to level up in some way even in 5e. Like to see that along with ranger class getting some of its unique features brought in and reduce the over used abilities spammed on all classes.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sam Z
Paladin class, and our new Teifling companion. I'm a simple man.

Paladin, Karlach as a new companion, School of Enchantment, the Shield spell, and a revamped Reaction system are at the top of my list

veteran
veteran
I also strongly vote for the paladin class, one of my favorites to play. But along with that must also come a greater range of deities available in the game for both paladins and clerics.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The perfect Userinterface using inventorymanagment with all options of moususing you can do likein the windows Epxlorer or like in Real Time Strategie Games.
Mass selection with mouse using selection boxes. Alot of more field wher to put in numbers by using keyboard.

A trulyy M/K Userinterface divide from a controller based interface. Even going so far that Inventor or other menu screens look totally different then a controller usable inventory.
This i wish for the full release.

AWAY WITH THEEE HOOORRRRIBLE COMPROMISE OF A STANDARDIZED USER INTERFACE OF M/K MIXED WITH CONTROLLER.

Im really fed up to see this trend of common ground in every game released for some years and making so many games a horrible user interface experience.

Developer and the Coders mostly dont want true M/K only and Controller ONLY Interfaces or a Choice between them because more work and more code.
More chances something can go wrong or exploited and so many more bad things which can happen.
And we even didnt talk yet about the costeffectviness.

But truly i hate it to have Interfaces slowed down bec. of controller adaptions.
frown CRY ;(

Alas, this wont ever come into patch#6 or ever into release version of Baldurs Gate 3. So many missed opportunities ;(

Last edited by TheHero; 09/10/21 04:26 PM.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard