Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
ZaMonk Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
So tried starting the game Normal and devcut, gets past the larian screen but after the loading screen(small golden dragon symbol in the lower right corner) it crashes to win, no error message.
i have tried:
-lowering desktop resolution
-deleteing/renaming movies
-compatibility win7/win xp sp3
-videos can be playerd (have codec - vlc)
-reinstaled game
Info:
steam versionn
AMD 8730M HD
win 8.1
drivers up to date
worked before

Support
Support

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

PhysX is one of the more common causes of crashing on startup; installing the latest version may help. You can also install the version that comes with the game (in the support folder); you may need to uninstall the current version and reboot first. If that gets the game to start, you should then be able to update to the latest version of PhysX.

[Solution] Game won't start

Game won't start, I need help desperately

Divinity II Crashing on Startup (avoided by using DxWnd; the problem didn't reoccur after they switched to using a monitor, rather than a TV)

O
stranger
stranger
O
The original post here is dated 08/03/15. It's been several years now. The game still won't start for some people. I'd like to know, is it so impossible to tell Steam about it? Is it impossible to repack it there, install the right kind of PhysX? I mean, I paid for it mind you...
I can't install Physics, coz I'm on Linux, and it's not my system that I'm gonna install physX to, nor my wine. It's the steam's wine - Proton. Which doesn't have a way of installing components to.

C
C
Hello.

Not sure if you're still on the forums, but I was also having the PhysX problems. Through GOG forum about a different game, I found this link to download the PhysX (even though I have an AMD discreet graphics card). I installed it and my game opened, finally. Raze was also a big help.

Anyway, here's the link to download free PhysX, for anyone who might be having problems launching the game because of PhysX error.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/physx/physx-9-21-0713-driver/

I hope this helps!

~~CierraShore

"I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have LOTS of lives!"

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard